• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

noah111

Still Alive
I wouldn't call it lazy work. They clearly put the album art in that position so it matches the position of the album art in the Music app after you unlock the phone. It's just poor/bad work:)
The problem isn't its positioning, it's the gap between the top bezel. Just a black bar where they could've just simply added extra info by extending that bezel.. It's basically like a non-optimized 4S app. :lol

After I updated to iOS 6 OTA, I lost most of my album artwork in the Album section of the Music app.

zk9zW.jpg

Everything was fine before the update.
Have you tried just re-syncing?

andycapps

My FB app was crashing as well. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it was fine.

Haven't gotten 6.0.1 on my phone yet. Tried updating via the phone and it says 6.0 is the latest version.

Kunohara

Does this update fix the wifi going in and out on the 4? My wife has the 4 only, and her wifi goes in and out, and she has to reconnect to our network alot. Mine (4S), is fine though.

Anyone? We both have iOS 6.

dorkimoe

Does this update fix the wifi going in and out on the 4? My wife has the 4 only, and her wifi goes in and out, and she has to reconnect to our network alot. Mine (4S), is fine though.

thats what one of the fixes states

nope. there's a separate repository of album art images that itunes and iOS will point to. it can get wonky with icloud.

in fact, even before icloud and iphones, i remember that it would be possible to get mismatched album art and albums on old ipods if a sync didn't complete properly

Is this true for all album art? I've heard of scripts that "Embed" album art, which I assumed meant taking the album art from an external location, and adding it to the meta data of the actual music file.

LCfiner

Is this true for all album art? I've heard of scripts that "Embed" album art, which I assumed meant taking the album art from an external location, and adding it to the meta data of the actual music file.

yeah, you can manually embed album art and I've done that with a lot of my tracks. the scripts available for mac iTunes make this pretty easy and automated. it makes the file sizes of the songs a bit larger but means you can move them to other players and still see the album image.

but it's a process that the user must initiate. And, even then I'm not sure if it'll work to fix the image not showing up when iCloud streaming on an iOS device.

(Now I'm wondering if the new itunes will scrap scripting support...)

Ovid

The problem isn't its positioning, it's the gap between the top bezel. Just a black bar where they could've just simply added extra info by extending that bezel.. It's basically like a non-optimized 4S app. :lol

Have you tried just re-syncing?
Yup.

jcm

After I updated to iOS 6 OTA, I lost most of my album artwork in the Album section of the Music app.

[img/]http://i.imgur.com/zk9zW.jpg[/img]

I'm having the same problem, but only on my phone. My ipad has all of the album art. Also, and maybe related, my phone won't wifi sync with my laptop.

LCfiner

I got excited that the 6.0.1 release fixed those playback buttons. looks like I'll have to wait till 6.1. I dislike how crammed together they are now (always have)

lexi

Banned
what the shit? To install this update the phone is telling it needs to do it in iTunes. The download and install button is greyed out.

Wasn't this done away with in iOS 5? Furthermore it's downloading an entire IPSW, and asked me to backup the phone, so I'm assuming it's restoring the file to the phone and then will reinstall everything?

Nevermind, I had to press 'Learn more' to download an 'Updater' app.

Sean

Banned
I got excited that the 6.0.1 release fixed those playback buttons. looks like I'll have to wait till 6.1. I dislike how crammed together they are now (always have)

I can't count how many times I've attempted to pause the track real quick and accidentally pressed the next track button. This is a welcome change.

Wiz

what the shit? To install this update the phone is telling it needs to do it in iTunes. The download and install button is greyed out.

Wasn't this done away with in iOS 5? Furthermore it's downloading an entire IPSW, and asked me to backup the phone, so I'm assuming it's restoring the file to the phone and then will reinstall everything?

Nevermind, I had to press 'Learn more' to download an 'Updater' app.

If you're trying to download the update straight from the phone, you have to click on "Learn More" on the update screen in order to download the installer, which will then let you download the update on your phone.

Edit: Looks like you found out.

Interesting. My OG iPad has the same problem and I have to disable and re-enable the WiFi at times. Too bad I'll never get iOS 6!

jcm

[imx]http://i.imgur.com/zk9zW.jpg[/img]

FYI I fixed my missing album art by un checking sync music, restoring, and then checking sync music. Not sure which part of that was the actual fix. I can sync via wifi now, too.

Number45

Does this update allow me to delete music from my phone again? Only thing I've been waiting for, and it's not in the notes.

EDIT: Also wanted to say, I used the turn by turn for the first time this week and it was perfect. In fact it got me out of a mess that Google got me into (which wasn't so much incorrect instruction, just unclear).

btkadams

my phone has been hung on an empty progress bar (the initial startup one, after it already installed) for an hour. yippee i love updating tech!

Number45

I tried it now, and it doesn't appear to work when in a playlist but if I look it up alphabetically, swiping to the left works.
Do you have iTunes Match? Sorry, should have been clear - deleting tracks has been busted since iOS 6 release if you have it enabled.

Will 6.1 turn my phone into a Nexus 4? God a revamp of the core UI in iOS can't come fast enough. There's a really cool button resize mockup I just saw recently that makes wayyyy too much sense for Apple to implement. It was badass.

Enco

Will 6.1 turn my phone into a Nexus 4? God a revamp of the core UI in iOS can't come fast enough. There's a really cool button resize mockup I just saw recently that makes wayyyy too much sense for Apple to implement. It was badass.
As long as it doesn't look like Android, a refresh would be nice.

giga

:lol

Lets hope he makes Apple move at 3x the speed.

And yea, this update better have more than that. One worthy update a year is a complete joke.
Yearly major updates for an OS are actually pretty crazy, going by precedence. It's breakneck pace.

The "Music/Podcast starts playing after every phone call" problem wasn't fixed.

I had a podcast blare out in the middle of class when I didn't answer the call.

I was really hoping they'd fixed it when I saw the update...

Enco

Yearly major updates for an OS are actually pretty crazy, going by precedence. It's breakneck pace.
I don't expect an innovative ground breaking update every few months. Not at all.

I just want more than bug fixes every few months. We need consistent improvements and tweaks. Improve Siri. Take a look at Google Now. Let me delete songs. Improve the crappy UI in apps such as Reminders. Let me delete or hide Newsstand. There are so many small improvements that can be made.

A huge UI refresh can come next year. The small tweaks should come more often.

hirokazu

I don't know why an update would break that. Isn't album art info embedded in the music file and such?

This happened in the betas as well. Mine (mostly?) resolved itself over time, although I haven't gone through everything so I wouldn't know if it's completely resolved.

giga

I don't expect an innovative ground breaking update every few months. Not at all.

I just want more than bug fixes every few months. We need consistent improvements and tweaks. Improve Siri. Take a look at Google Now. Let me delete songs. Improve the crappy UI in apps such as Reminders. Let me delete or hide Newsstand. There are so many small improvements that can be made.

A huge UI refresh can come next year. The small tweaks should come more often.
x.x releases have had small tweaks like you're talking about.

Enco

x.x releases have had small tweaks like you're talking about.
Maybe it's just my perspective then.

Still, I hope they fix all of the issues I mentioned soon and not a year later. Siri is the biggest problem right now.

Majine

Banned
I do hope they start talking more about software (OSX and iOS) now that they have updated practically everything in the hardware.

hirokazu

^Yup, most notable change;

photo.jpeg

More or less the same idea I was complaining about/mocking up concepts for 3 months ago. Glad they got around to implementing the obvious.

[EDIT] yup, haha

And people said Apple would never remove the clock for the extended access controls when I did those mockups. :p

They're totally stealing your ideas, man.

Anything else cool? I'm done with installing betas for the iOS 6 line. Doesn't seem to be much substantial, so this'll do...

The "Music/Podcast starts playing after every phone call" problem wasn't fixed.

I had a podcast blare out in the middle of class when I didn't answer the call.

I was really hoping they'd fixed it when I saw the update...

oh god i thought that was just mine, and my phone keeps cycling from being connected to power to not once in a while. this update is so fucking buggy

Finally widening the lockscreen playback buttons is great, though it was 99% fixed for me in 6 with changing podcasts from full rewind to 15 seconds rewind, this is just gravy.

Top Bottom