• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

mrkgoo

I'm looking for an update, and nothing is available beyond my current 6.01...?

Also, my Mountain Lion MBP and my Apple TV (bought two days ago) connect just fine to this router (which my MBP identifies as a WPA-Personal network, not WPA 2). The two iOS devices just can't.

6.0.2 was pushed for iphone 5 only as far as I know.

Number45

Ugh, is there any news on 6.1 releasing? All I want is to be able to delete my music and tell which of it is/isn't stored in the cloud... JUST like I could before iOS6.

Any way to restore message history after deleting it all?

Slip of the finger and there was no delete confirmation...the fuck is that shit anyway, Apple?

Dez

Any way to restore message history after deleting it all?

Slip of the finger and there was no delete confirmation...the fuck is that shit anyway, Apple?

only way is to restore from your last backup. Hopefully you haven't overridden that backup from icloud yet.

Hey gals and guys,
I am planing a long walk tomorrow and I would like to be able to track my route and look at it at the end of the day, what apps can be recommended for such a task?
cheers :)

AirBrian

Hey gals and guys,
I am planing a long walk tomorrow and I would like to be able to track my route and look at it at the end of the day, what apps can be recommended for such a task?
cheers :)

I've used Nike+, Endomondo, and MapMyRun. I would say Endomondo is probably my favorite of the three, followed by Nike+. You can't go wrong with either, although Endomondo is better if you want some social features IMO.

I've used Nike+, Endomondo, and MapMyRun. I would say Endomondo is probably my favorite of the three, followed by Nike+. You can't go wrong with either, although Endomondo is better if you want some social features IMO.

thanks I will have to check them or at least one of them out ^^

[edit]
Endomondo even has a free version, lets see what it can do.

AirBrian

Yeah, all three are free (or at least have a free version). Nike+ is already on your phone - you just have to enable it in the settings.

Yeah, all three are free (or at least have a free version). Nike+ is already on your phone - you just have to enable it in the settings.

b5fe6eda6588b93e9ac14dc37d70a4de.jpeg

gonna check them both out then.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You do need to buy a sensor for your nike+ shoe. I love the nike+ app 770.8 miles ran ^_^
Nike+ Running is available in the App Store and you don't need a sensor. It used to cost money, but I think it's free now.

LCfiner

Ugh, is there any news on 6.1 releasing? All I want is to be able to delete my music and tell which of it is/isn't stored in the cloud... JUST like I could before iOS6.

Do you want to delete all your music? you can do that by going to settings, general, usage, tapping on music, then you can hit edit and delete it all.

obviously, we're all still boned for more individual track info until Apple updates iOS.

Ambitious

A few months ago my sister killed her iPhone 4 (water damage), but she got an iPhone 5 for christmas. She had forgotten the passwords of her apple id, the backup email account and the backup's backup. Yeah.

Just five minutes ago I managed to get hold of her accounts by coincidence. When I switch to her original account on the phone, what happens to the data not related to iTunes (calls, text messages etc.)? Are they somehow tied to the account? Or can I simply switch the account and sync with her computer without losing anything (except the apps)?

edgefusion

Is there a way to rename bluetooth devices? I have two sets of Samsung speakers and this is how they appear in settings:

IMG_0281.png

Not useful.

Number45

Do you want to delete all your music? you can do that by going to settings, general, usage, tapping on music, then you can hit edit and delete it all.

obviously, we're all still boned for more individual track info until Apple updates iOS.
Yeah, just certain tracks. :(

hirokazu

If it's anything on like the JAMBOX, you can probably do it on the device.
Most speakers and headsets don't allow you to rename. I could do it easily on iOS by editing the correct plist file when I was jailbroken. It's ridiculous that you can't rename it, but it's been like that since forever.

SeanR1221

Another thing, any easy way to update everyone's contact picture with their facebook profile pictures? When I sync it up, it doesnt change anyones picture.

dorkimoe

anyone else get their data connection to just drop and reset randomly? I swear they said they fixed this in an update and it still is happening to me

iphone 5 with latest ios

mrkgoo

Wi-Fi or Cellular? If its cellular it could just be bad network coverage...

I would say this too. At my old work, I used to get all sorts of data issues, and I'm pretty sure it was due the spotty reception.

Just to chime in on battery life, data networks and usage have a huge bearing.

When on data, Apple claim 8 hours browsing. I get closer to 5. However, on wifi, it's likely I DO get the reported 10 hours. Again, with the spotty reception as above, I used to get pretty low battery life on 3G.

I imagine 5 hours usage in 3G is low, but due more to my reception than a 'bad' battery, as I can get decent, depending on my usage.

Haribo

Banned
One of my favourite thing about Apple is how you get rewarded for having multiple products with things like AirPlay, iCloud sync, the option for iTunes Match etc. Notification center (great as it is) however does the complete opposite. Lets say I get an email to my @me.com address, I have to see the notification on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Reading it on one device should tell the others to no longer display the notification - I know this is possible because iMessage syncs perfectly across all three devices, lets say I read a message on my iPad the notification vanishes on the Mac & iPhone. I'd like this to be applied to all notification center items, it can be really frustrating when I turn on my Mac and have 50 Twitter notifications in the corner which I've already dismissed twice on my other devices.

Do you think this is something they could address in future versions of iOS?

One of my favourite thing about Apple is how you get rewarded for having multiple products with things like AirPlay, iCloud sync, the option for iTunes Match etc. Notification center (great as it is) however does the complete opposite. Lets say I get an email to my @me.com address, I have to see the notification on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Reading it on one device should tell the others to no longer display the notification - I know this is possible because iMessage syncs perfectly across all three devices, lets say I read a message on my iPad the notification vanishes on the Mac & iPhone. I'd like this to be applied to all notification center items, it can be really frustrating when I turn on my Mac and have 50 Twitter notifications in the corner which I've already dismissed twice on my other devices.

Do you think this is something they could address in future versions of iOS?

I could have sworn that as of iOS 6, Apple added the framework for all notifications to sync across all devices so in theory what you are asking for can be done, I think. I just don't think anyone has been integrating it into their apps though. I know it works for iMessage and it works with the Mail app (at least with my Gmail account setup up as an Exchange account).

Haribo

Banned
I could have sworn that as of iOS 6, Apple added the framework for all notifications to sync across all devices so in theory what you are asking for can be done, I think. I just don't think anyone has been integrating it into their apps though. I know it works for iMessage and it works with the Mail app (at least with my Gmail account setup up as an Exchange account).

It works with gmail (via exchange) but not iCloud mail, which is kind of stupid.

Majine

Banned
Yes, I think it's stupid that even tho I have read all the mails on one device, they still appear as notifications on my other devices. Should be fixed.

Roki6

Banned
hello GAF,

I am not sure if rules allow promoting our own apps, but this one could be helpful to some iOS6 Google map users. App was built by my brother on my request since I missed accessing google maps from Contacts.

This app can add a link to google maps (in a field) to every contact that has address. This way you can open google maps directly from built-in Contact app.
(I would use Apple maps but it is not so good in my country)

Let me know if this is not allowed here and I will delete the post.
If it is allowed I can post some promo codes that brother gave me. Just teach me how to do that "quote to reveal" trick ... or send me a PM :)

Link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-for-google-maps/id592746575?mt=8

Cheers!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
hello GAF,

I am not sure if rules allow promoting our own apps, but this one could be helpful to some iOS6 Google map users. App was built by my brother on my request since I missed accessing google maps from Contacts.

This app can add a link to google maps (in a field) to every contact that has address. This way you can open google maps directly from built-in Contact app.
(I would use Apple maps but it is not so good in my country)

Let me know if this is not allowed here and I will delete the post.
If it is allowed I can post some promo codes that brother gave me. Just teach me how to do that "quote to reveal" trick ... or send me a PM :)

Link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-for-google-maps/id592746575?mt=8

Cheers!

Nothing I'd personally be interested in but I can see the appeal. You may want to try posting in the iOS Apps |OT| too. :)

On another note, 6.1 beta 4 expires next week on January 28, 2013 @ 12AM (GMT), hopefully we'll be seeing the GM build this week and not beta 5.

/can't wait

jts

...hate me...
Nothing I'd personally be interested in but I can see the appeal. You may want to try posting in the iOS Apps |OT| too. :)

On another note, 6.1 beta 4 expires next week on January 28, 2013 @ 12AM (GMT), hopefully we'll be seeing the GM build this week and not beta 5.

/can't wait
Well, beta 5 has been released.

The twist: it seems to be the GM build (no UDID registration needed for install).

zomg-torrent-plz.jpg

Although I think it will not live to expectations.

Top Bottom