• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

btkadams

How can I get it? Never downloaded GM before public release

your udid has to be registered with an ios developer account. if you have that, you can either get the direct dl link from the developer or just download the gm from any website that rehosts it.

oops! it seems people are saying you can dl the gm without udid registration. i stand corrected.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
your udid has to be registered with an ios developer account. if you have that, you can either get the direct dl link from the developer or just download the gm from any website that rehosts it.

Weird, I thought people were saying UDID wasn't required? Mine should be registered though,so I guess I'll wait for a link

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
For prior GM releases, a registered UDID has never been required. The GM release has always been exactly the same build as the one that the public gets to download a week later.

jts

...hate me...
Dev registered UDID isn't needed for GM. It's the same code that will be released next week.

UDID registration is not required for the GM.

Edit: oops beaten a bunch of times

Quick

Banned
UDID isn't required at this point, as far as I know.

I was able to install the iOS 6 beta 4 without doing any sort of registration. I found a link to download online and just shift+clicked "Check for Updates" on ITunes and selected the file. I'm guessing it's the same thing for the GM.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Not up on my iPhone yet.

GM releases aren't put out OTA (Beta to GM that is). At least if you go by iOS 5's history, they specifically told developers back then to update via iTunes. I don't think iOS6 will be any different.

The public will of course be able to OTA update from 5.1.1 to 6 when it goes public as normal.

btkadams

I was able to install the iOS 6 beta 4 without doing any sort of registration. I found a link to download online and just shift+clicked "Check for Updates" on ITunes and selected the file. I'm guessing it's the same thing for the GM.

huh? your phone's udid must be registered with someone. i just tried to install beta 4 on a new phone last week and it required it. i forgot to register the new udid with my dev account and it wouldn't let me complete installation.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Did you by any chance register with someone for the iOS5 beta? If that person still has an active dev license going, you'd be able to install iOS6 betas just fine. :)

Quick

Banned
huh? your phone's udid must be registered with someone. i just tried to install beta 4 on a new phone last week and it required it. i forgot to register the new udid with my dev account and it wouldn't let me complete installation.

I have a dev account, but nothing registered on it.

Did you by any chance register with someone for the iOS5 beta? If that person still has an active dev license going, you'd be able to install iOS6 betas just fine. :)

Nope. Nothing registered or signed up with.

Sarye

Shenanigans, I momentarily bricked my iPad when updating to Beta 4 because I had forgotten to add it in my provisions. :p

He's talking about the GM, not the Beta.. unless I'm missing something. I've updated to the GM for iOS5 without having to register my UDID before.

btkadams

He's talking about the GM, not the Beta.. unless I'm missing something. I've updated to the GM for iOS5 without having to register my UDID before.

he said he updated to ios 6 beta 4 without having his udid registered. that's what i'm talking about, not the gm.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

He's talking about Beta 4. GM doesn't require UDIDs but that's another matter.

Quick

Banned
Shenanigans, I momentarily bricked my iPad when updating to Beta 4 because I had forgotten to add it in my provisions. :p

To be honest, I'm not sure if I did any steps different compared to others. Instructions are actually on YouTube, but they're pretty standard as far as I know. The beta file wasn't modified either.

I've been successfully able to jump back and forth from iOS 5 and iOS 6 beta 4 multiple times now. I was also able to install it on my iPad (3rd gen).

300kb/sec

not too bad.

been a while since i've upgrade by GM (since ios 5 i think!). You can restore from backup or w/e its called right?

How do you do it from icloud again?

Process should be...

backup phone
shift/command click restore and choose ipw
restore from backup

or something right?

jts

...hate me...
Sorry, never thought about it that way since we were so openly speaking about it (that was admitting to piracy?) and it's the same exact code that will be distributed for free next week. Just trying to help out a Gaffer, yo.

Removed.

BeeDog

How would one know if your iTunes account is registered as a dev account? I have a vague memory of doing that a looong time ago, but...

Top Bottom