• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

hirokazu

I updated my dad's iPad to iOS6 GM, but I don't seem to be able to find the option to enable the @icloud.com address for his iCloud account. Anyone manage to do this on the GM, or are they not enabling it until public release?

hirokazu

Wow, you can't add more people to view a Shared Photo Stream once it's been created? Surely somewhere along the line, this oversight would've been discovered?

Facebook calendar events is pretty sweet. Really useful for me. Hooray for iTunes Match not being useless now, since it can stream your music instead of downloading them.

finally!!!

do you still have to go to the main menu settings to show all music? that was my main problem because of how inconvenient it was to do

kr2t0s

Installed it on ipad3 and installing now on iphone 4s.

Siri seems A LOT better. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that ipad3's voice dictation was secretly churning data for Siri - not sure if thats the truth or not but something has definitely improved.

She seems to be able to understand my broken Chinese as well. The integration with her being able to open up Apps so far has worked really well.

Weird... I restored and some of the apps I had didn't copy over due to them not existing on my computer (but I did backup everything! I think?), so I dled them again from the app store on my phone, and the save data still exists...? Don't think those apps were icloud support either.

ios makes less sense everyday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't think it's ready yet since they're still finalizing deals with vendors.

Ah okay, I thought it was something screwed up on my end

And about the App Store design, I wish the font and stuff was a tad bit smaller. I also don't like horizontal scrolling if you search for an app

aparisi2274

So I updated to GM and I tried out the Panorama effect in the camera, and it seems to work for the most part, but does have some quirks... I'll try it again tomorrow, during the day light hours..

Quick

Banned
Holy shit. Newsstand is gone!

Oh glorious.

EDIT: MOVED IT TO ANOTHER PAGE.

ibdJenMtaYXYaf.gif

kr2t0s

Newsstand is gone from my iPhone - still on my iPad.

Maybe it's as simple as that? Or i'm guessing it hides itself until you download a newsstand app (magazine, news paper, etc).

How in the world do I figure out what music I have downloaded and where to go delete it? All I see is that my music app is taking up 2gb and I don't know what to do about it

Bruiserk

Itunes 10.7 not installing for me on Win 7. Seems to get stuck on "checking installation requirements". Or maybe I am just impatient.

kr2t0s

Sorry to spam:

Settings, General, About, Advertising - Limit Ad Tracking on/off?

I haven't heard anything about this so far. I turned it On but no idea what it's doing.

Bruiserk

I am re installing 10.63 because the other didn't work. The step where 10.7 was getting stuck at was done almost instantaneously with 10.63.

Quick

Banned
Had a slight problem with Comic Zeal on the iPad (3rd gen). I launched it, then immediately crashed. Started it again and it was fine. Not sure if I did anything, or if it's iOS 6.

Heel

If I'm going to iOS 6 on the new iPad, am I stuck using the new iPhone YouTube app for watching videos? I'm under the impression the native YouTube app is going away. If so I will just wait.

Why doesn't plain YouTube.com work on the iPad anymore? Stopped working a month or two ago...

hirokazu

You can. Click that blue arrow circle. (It should be a bit more obvious.)

Yep, I figured it out eventually, thanks. They use the same thing for the VIP list in Mail and I hate it. It's a terrible UI design decision and it feels like they did it because they couldn't think of any other way implement it. It's unintuitive and confusing, it doesn't differentiate enough from the regular arrow other list items have to denote that it's tappable, and it's too small a tap target to be obvious.

Quick

Banned
Why doesn't plain YouTube.com work on the iPad anymore? Stopped working a month or two ago...

YouTube mobile works just fine, I think. I installed the iPhone app on the iPad, and video quality is just fine. Not groundbreaking or anything, but just good enough.

hirokazu

kr2t0s

A mess in terms of how people have written them, or just how its now formatted?

Before you could sort by most helpful, most recent, most critical, etc

Right now it's showing reviews for EVERY version of the app (not the current version of the app) and only 5 reviews. I can't figure out how to scroll to more or anything. So all I see are 5 reviews from 2008 or so depending on the app.

I also don't like how it doesn't show the date of when the app was updated. At least in the main page (top 25 lists). I believe the date is buried somewhere but I have a habit of deleting apps and just checking in every now and then to see if they got updated by checking the date. Now it seems I may have to change my habits.

Whogie

Seems Youtube works as it used to. It'll still open the app if it's there. Nice.

That option was always there in iCloud-capable versions of iOS. But that should be obvious, iCloud backups are rather useless if there's no way to restore it back.

The confusion came from the fact that some of my data was being restored on my first attempt. Like a few photos from Photo Stream, but nothing from Camera Roll was being restored. Infinity Blade is listed as an iCloud game, and it got restored, but no other games/programs.
Now it's all there, like I never wiped it.

Top Bottom