• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Every time I update Shazam, it sucks a little more. I don't want features. I don't want R-dio or Pandora integration. I don't want social networking. I don't want a map. I don't want charts. I don't want lyrics. I don't want ads. I don't want anything.

It should have exactly two functions:
- Figure out what I'm hearing right now

- List all the things I've figured out in the past.

Quick

Banned
Every time I update Shazam, it sucks a little more. I don't want features. I don't want R-dio or Pandora integration. I don't want social networking. I don't want a map. I don't want charts. I don't want lyrics. I don't want ads. I don't want anything.

I use Soundhound, and that's pretty much what I get. The other features aren't terribly invasive.

Though, Soundhound is $6.99. I got it for free from Starbucks, I wouldn't pay for it for that price otherwise.

Link

The Autumn Wind

It's been almost useless since it started tagging tv shows. I know what show I'm watching, thank you, I just want to know what song is playing.

Rekwest

I posted this in the iPhone 5 thread a few days ago but it really belongs here.

I am looking for a finances app that I can log into and sync our credit cards and bank account information that then pulls and sorts everything to show us really quick and easy just what our money is being spent on. Yeah, that sounds lazy, but it would be an interesting app.

What would work for me on this one? Is there anything better than Mint?

Your Money Pro es free today.
https://itunes.apple.com/mx/app/id489816523?mt=8

Soundhound. That is all.

any of yall ever use those white noise sleepin apps? Been trying that new 'sleep genius' one that uses "nasa tech" or some shit. Can't tell if I'm sleeping better or worst lol.

Does anyone know of an app where you can write an Asian language (Japanese, Korean, etc) on the screen and it translates it to English?

Phoenix

While I'm with you on most of your list, the one thing that I would like from it is being able to add what I've found to Spotify. Other than that, that's pretty much all that I need.

google translate. Use the ios keyboard for the language where you pretty much just draw out the character with your finger.

I can see that not working too well for Japanese or Chinese if the person doesn't know the correct stroke order. One nice thing about iOS is it adheres to stroke order for both languages (many people say it's a bad thing but I completely disagree)

I can see that not working too well for Japanese or Chinese if the person doesn't know the correct stroke order. One nice thing about iOS is it adheres to stroke order for both languages (many people say it's a bad thing but I completely disagree)

hmmm... at that point might as well use your phone as a phone. mms the pic of the text to a friend :D

PSGames

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I'm throwing a 4th party and looking for an app (ipad preferably) that would allow people to take pics of themselves, possibly write messages on the pictures and have them show up on my HDTV (apple tv?). Preferably in a instagram scrollable form or even a slideshow/screen saver...

Seems like something like this would be a no brainer but I can't seem to find an app that would do this. I guess I could have people take a picture and then go back to the photo app and send to the apple TV manually? But something automatic would be great.

Edit: I guess my best bet is just to use the photo booth app and have the ipad auto upload to photo stream for the apple tv screen saver.

Number45

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the Podcast app automatically download updates to my subscriptions? As far as I can tell it only checks when I open the app.

Or are there alternatives (Instacast/Downcast) that support this functionality?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Does anyone know if it's possible to have the Podcast app automatically download updates to my subscriptions? As far as I can tell it only checks when I open the app.

Once iOS7 hits, automatic background downloads will work properly.

Downcast does this. You can even set up to 10 locations (wi-fi) spots for auto refresh and downloads. I have it set to my home, so new podcasts get downloaded in the morning. You can also set it to your workplace, etc.

It's a really good app, I highly recommend it.

Number45

Downcast does this. You can even set up to 10 locations (wi-fi) spots for auto refresh and downloads. I have it set to my home, so new podcasts get downloaded in the morning. You can also set it to your workplace, etc.

It's a really good app, I highly recommend it.
Nice, I assume this is the same for the iPad as well? It's a wifi only model, and I want it to download when I'm at home without me having to worry about opening the app (at which point I might as well just tether it and stream). Video podcasts mostly, if that makes any difference.

Nice, I assume this is the same for the iPad as well? It's a wifi only model, and I want it to download when I'm at home without me having to worry about opening the app (at which point I might as well just tether it and stream). Video podcasts mostly, if that makes any difference.

I only have an iPhone 4S, so I don't know about the iPad. I assume its the same, though.

PaulLFC

If a newsstand subscription is on offer when you purchase it, does it renew at the offer price when the renewal date arrives, or will it renew at whatever the current subscription price is on that future date?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If a newsstand subscription is on offer when you purchase it, does it renew at the offer price when the renewal date arrives, or will it renew at whatever the current subscription price is on that future date?

I can't say for sure, but I imagine it'll be at whatever the current price is at that date. I don't see why they'd continue to offer discounts permanently.

BeeDog

Sorry for bumping, but with the latest Spotify app update, has anyone else experienced broken syncing of local files? None of the new .mp3's I've added to my sync folder are synced to my phone anymore.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Who wants some free shit?

Apple is celebrating five years of the App Store by giving away a few apps for free.

Barefoot World Atlas
Barefoot World Atlas is a magical interactive 3D globe that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world, discovering hundreds of fascinating features and immersing themselves in the rich wonders of our planet. This is a multi-language, universal app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. The rich and beautifully detailed graphics take full advantage of the amazing new high definition retina screen.

Day One
A new way to journal. Enter your memories, ideas, events and photos to have them synced to your iPhone and iPad using iCloud or Dropbox.

How to Cook Everything
This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything® from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.

Over
Add text and artwork to your photos.

Traktor DJ
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPhone. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.

Maybe we have a dedicated thread, but I haven't seen it. I could see myself using all of these (once, then forgetting about them forever).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thanks for the heads up about the free apps, too bad I bought Traktor DJ about 2 weeks ago =/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My work recently bought me an Ipad to use when I go around doing inspections so i can have one place to store notes, and pictures etc.

I am not overly familiar with Ipad apps so I was hoping someone may have a suggestion for an app to use.

What I basically need to be able to do is generate custom lists of things I see (would be awesome if it was checklists that could be checked off later as done) as I walk around a location.

For example, inventory outs, missing signs, cleanliness issues, etc.

The ability to add a photo to this 'report" would be crucial as well. Also being able to file it away by date or title and/or being able to export it (PDF?) would be bonuses as well.

This making sense?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My work recently bought me an Ipad to use when I go around doing inspections so i can have one place to store notes, and pictures etc.

I am not overly familiar with Ipad apps so I was hoping someone may have a suggestion for an app to use.

What I basically need to be able to do is generate custom lists of things I see (would be awesome if it was checklists that could be checked off later as done) as I walk around a location.

For example, inventory outs, missing signs, cleanliness issues, etc.

The ability to add a photo to this 'report" would be crucial as well. Also being able to file it away by date or title and/or being able to export it (PDF?) would be bonuses as well.

This making sense?
Maybe this?

Not familiar with the app itself, just googled around and it seems like it might fit the bill.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are there any helpful guides for the iOS version Traktor DJ? I can't figure out how to save or delete a track. There doesn't seem to be any kind of front end menu.

Heel

Have to agree with the OP's recommendation of Paprika as a recipe / grocery / meal planning app. So slick. It even has its own web browser with tons of recipe sites bookmarked to search through that will automatically format in the app when you save them.

If you're browsing the net outside of the app and see a recipe you like, all you do is copy the link to your clipboard. When you switch to Paprika, it automatically prompts you to open the link to save the recipe. If it's a site that it cannot automatically format, there's a really simple UI where you can copy and paste the necessary information manually.

Only drawback is the iPhone, iPad and Mac app are all separate. That means if you want to use their cloud saving (e.g. go through your recipes to put together a grocery list and send it to your iPhone to use at the store) you need to buy each app separately. But even then, well worth $5 bucks a pop on mobile.

If you like cooking, don't hesitate and buy it. Your recipes will not be trapped in their ecosystem. There are options to export and import in HTML, email any or all of your recipes, print them out etc.

http://www.paprikaapp.com/

Revamped Google Maps for iOS launches: supports iPad, indoor maps, enhanced navigation

screen-shot-2013-07-16-at-6-34-00-pm.png

snacknuts

we all knew her
How do i access indoor maps

Assuming it works the same on iOS as it does on Android, just zoom way in on the building you want to see the indoor map of. If necessary, it will add buttons off to the side to select which story of the building you want to look at (useful for shopping malls).

Top Bottom