• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Vyer

IFTT is interesting. Obviously it's got to work within the background limitations that iOS has, but I do find the app itself pretty sharp and the different possible automations are useful even with those limitations.

Currently testing with the 'load photos into Skydrive' recipe.

PFD

If I zoom in on the city in general, does that cache everything within the zoom boundaries?

Yep. I just cached Montreal, turned off wifi, and was still able to zoom in to the max level and get the names of tiny alleys.

Would anybody have the precedent version of AVPlayerHD where there is still the DTS support ? No idea if they're shareable or something like this in a non-jailbroken way ?
Updated the app without looking and now half my files don't have sound ...

I use HD Player for DTS files. It's a barebones player, but it does its job.

Li Kao

Hmm, so guys, I'm shit outta luck. Really. All I touch these days becomes broken (video card freezes, phone dead, mobile phone semi dead, satellite tv not working, to name a few...). But this is not so interesting for you, so let's cut to the point.

I need to prioritize. First thing is finding a way to get out of middle-age and have bookmark sync.
So as I'm a Firefox guy and an Ipad guy I am officially fucked. Not love at first sight between the two. Ok, I install Chrome, import my Firefox bookmarks and... lol, lastpass don't work on my bank account in chrome. Lolroflbbq indeed.
What do you say gaf ? I am really pissed (doesn't help that my firefox doesn't play well anymore with my 560ti and the pc need a reboot regularly).
Ideally I would like to keep Firefox, nothing against Google but the inability to use page down etc in the bookmark menu is a little jarring to me. And the absence of shortcut to open the real bookmark manager doesn't help.

What are my options ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So as I'm a Firefox guy and an Ipad guy I am officially fucked. Not love at first sight between the two. Ok, I install Chrome, import my Firefox bookmarks and... lol, lastpass don't work on my bank account in chrome. Lolroflbbq indeed.

Definitely works, it's just a matter of making sure it's set up properly. Sometimes to auto submit thing doesn't play well, just use the auto-fill and manually submit

Li Kao

Definitely works, it's just a matter of making sure it's set up properly. Sometimes to auto submit thing doesn't play well, just use the auto-fill and manually submit

Nope. I mean you seem to describe exactly what happened to me on Firefox. the bank login/pass would not auto-fill, but as in a few clicks I could target a field and initiate a "manual" fill, what did I care.
On Chrome, auto-fill is not working (big deal, as I said), but the "manual" fill is just giving me... blank fields.

So I'm clearly new to Last Pass and wouldn't dare say I am 100% sure of myself, but there seems to be some problems in LP handling of Chrome. A quick search on their forum showed quite a lot a site that don't play well for one reason or another. And more importantly I read a post by someone which looked in charge saying that Last Pass use an API that plays well on Firefox but is more problematic on Chrome. This is a distorted summary of a post I glimpsed over some hours ago, I don't guarantee anything I just said. In fact you should certainly burn your PC after reading it, just to be sure. I have never existed. I am a dog.

GggwFI8.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've got a question about Downcast that maybe someone will know.

Does it resync the playback time if I go from listening to a podcast on my pc through itunes to leaving and going out? are they symaptico in that way?

I've got a question about Downcast that maybe someone will know.

Does it resync the playback time if I go from listening to a podcast on my pc through itunes to leaving and going out? are they symaptico in that way?

iTunes podcasts don't sync with Downcast on iOS. There is a Downcast Mac app that you can buy though that will do that.

Mr.Fresh

Is there any good apps for finding out upcoming events in Cities such as NY or Philly? I was supposed to take a girl to fashion week but we forgot about it and we never made it there.

Z..

What are the best alternatives to the native "ipod" music playing app? I hate the damn shuffle...

I spotted Track 8 on the OP, is there anything else I should be aware of?

I downloaded the Iron Man 3 Jarvis app yesterday... It's a lot of fun as yes, he does respond to voice commands and it is Paul Bettany's voice.

I do need to download the ringtones/message tones that the app has and use them as I think they're great.

It's also a second screen app for IM3 of course.

PFD

What are the best alternatives to the native "ipod" music playing app? I hate the damn shuffle...

You mean you hate the fact that it shuffles when you shake your device? You can turn that off in the settings

I just...why is there a Reeder 2? I haven't using RSS for a long time but didn't Google stop Google Reader? I think I downloaded Reeder for my iPad when it was free but never actually used it.

I really don't know what I'm talking about
There are other RSS services that replaced Google Reader.

Quick

Banned
Pocket Casts 4

Looks like the music controls on the lock screen. Pretty cool.

1a.jpg

I did but yet it still syncs
Even turned off documents n data

Should help if you take out your iCloud.com email account. I use my Gmail as my iCloud account, but anytime I (accidentally, most of the time) try to enable notes sync, it asks me to create one, and it's easy enough to just hit the "Create" button and forget about it.

Milamber

A legitimate app that lets me stream all my documents and comics (well, mostly comics) from my PC to my iPad (like Air Video) has finally surfaced!

The AirBookReader has some issues though. Can't open from *.rar files, only *.zip. Also it has a weird numbering convention of only 1 character. Also it doesn't remember one level back so you have to scroll down again to where you last were.

But it's a start. Hopefully they fix these in an update. Is there any other types of apps that do this other than this?

tsumineko

A legitimate app that lets me stream all my documents and comics (well, mostly comics) from my PC to my iPad (like Air Video) has finally surfaced!

The AirBookReader has some issues though. Can't open from *.rar files, only *.zip. Also it has a weird numbering convention of only 1 character. Also it doesn't remember one level back so you have to scroll down again to where you last were.

But it's a start. Hopefully they fix these in an update. Is there any other types of apps that do this other than this?

This sounds fantastic. Can it stream from an Airport Extreme's USB HDD?

Pocket Casts 4

hope its free update!

Biggest problem i have with pocketcast is that it usually takes a while for feeds to update. Could be hours even though the rss feed is up for some reason.

You know, downcast really could use a visual makeover.

been using reeder 2. another $5... but its really good! The gestures work nicely, and the animations are top notch. It's a bit laggy on my mini though, but hey, at least its finally universal now.

Heel

Speaking of podcasts, I hope Downcast implements iOS 7's background task features. I've never been able to get the scheduled feed refreshing to work right, and waiting for a manual refresh is pretty slow.

Speaking of podcasts, I hope Downcast implements iOS 7's background task features. I've never been able to get the scheduled feed refreshing to work right, and waiting for a manual refresh is pretty slow.

They confirmed via Twitter that the next Downcast update includes changes to the UI to closer match iOS 7 and support for background app refresh.

I'm still a bit pissed that it's not an update of the old app, while the iphone version got updated much faster and was free for a while. I might wait for some sort of sale or something.

I normally wouldn't have a problem paying for it again, since it is a great app. But at this point I've paid $5 each for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac OSX versions of Reeder. While it's nice that the developer is finally making the app universal, it certainly sucks for those of us who have supported all of his previous efforts.

I normally wouldn't have a problem paying for it again, since it is a great app. But at this point I've paid $5 each for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac OSX versions of Reeder. While it's nice that the developer is finally making the app universal, it certainly sucks for those of us who have supported all of his previous efforts.

but then you think about it, I don't think Reeder has any real type of 'sponsored feeds' shitting it up. Makes sense to charge for big updates.

Still odd that there isn't anyway to do 'paid updates' on app store.

Top Bottom