• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Noema

Hot Damn! After paying $6 total for this app and setting up the server on my PC, this delivered instant streaming to my entire collection. No issues yet.

Now I can read anything I want while on the can.

Might have to look into this.

Can it stream via Internet as well? Or is it limited to local Wifi?

Furyous

I've used Files app as a replacement for izip.

Allegedly (from what a friend told me) Azul Media Player downloads WSHH and Xvideos.

I need an app that blurs out photos. Any suggestions?

Sean

Banned
Tweetbot 3 teaser (iOS7 icon). Looking forward to the rest of the redesign, hopefully not too much longer now...

tb3.png

Tweetbot 3 teaser (iOS7 icon). Looking forward to the rest of the redesign, hopefully not too much longer now...

tb3.png

Thank God... both that and Calcbot need to have updated ios icons.

As for instagram, there's gotta be a way to make it more flat as I really do dislike the current icon when compared to the rest of the ios7-ified icons from third parties. Granted, Apple's own pages icon looks like crap now too.

The Boat

Sorry if someone already asked this, but any good free app to put my uni weekly schedule in? Something as simple as possible.

xbhaskarx

Am I the only one who likes the flatness of the new OS yet doesn't really care if every app is updated or not? I kinda like the current Tweetbot icon...

LCfiner

Am I the only one who likes the flatness of the new OS yet doesn't really care if every app is updated or not? I kinda like the current Tweetbot icon...

I mainly want quick updates so that a consistent keyboard pops up in all apps. or constant nav buttons. stuff like that. it’s a little weird seeing a mix of the iOS 6 and 7 system keyboards across apps

I don’t require that every app icon be redesigned, though.

But I really like it when stuff is redesigned with a nice effort like instacast, reeder, etc

Ninja Dom

ahh... well 60fps does seem to work when i tested it :)

its a great update for a great app that i've been using for years. And now it finally looks half decent!

Can you give me more info? You can shoot 60fps video with this app? Can you share the 60 FPS video so that it plays at 60 FPS on somebody else's device

I got the 5S and while it takes 120 FPS video. I have difficulty sharing the videos and keeping the frame rate.

Number45

Yay for the new Tweetbot icon. Is it going to be an update to the existing app, or am I going to have to buy it again
5 times
?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
While I quite like the flat style of the Apple apps and so on, I don't think it's going to suit everything, plus if every icon was like that it could get very same-y very quickly. I don't see why companies should feel the need to update their icons to match the asthetic that Apple is going for, obviously there's going to be a huge mix of different clashing styles of icon, might as well embrace it.

dream

I'm afraid though that Air Video has been orphaned. It hasn't been updated in a while and probably won't get an iOS7 makeover.

They actually released a new version called Air Video HD a few weeks ago, but it's somehow gone under the radar so much that I didn't even know about it until I went to their web site to see if there are any issues with iOS 7 and the original Air Video.

Number45

what ever happen to google music for ios?
Nobody knows.

While I quite like the flat style of the Apple apps and so on, I don't think it's going to suit everything, plus if every icon was like that it could get very same-y very quickly. I don't see why companies should feel the need to update their icons to match the asthetic that Apple is going for, obviously there's going to be a huge mix of different clashing styles of icon, might as well embrace it.
I'll take a flat icon that's not quite suited to being flat over a 3D icon on a home screen where everything else is flat.

X-Frame

They actually released a new version called Air Video HD a few weeks ago, but it's somehow gone under the radar so much that I didn't even know about it until I went to their web site to see if there are any issues with iOS 7 and the original Air Video.

Oh interesting, I suppose I'll bite and grab it, I use it a lot and I don't mind paying for new successors that are written from the ground up.

LCfiner

Oh interesting, I suppose I'll bite and grab it, I use it a lot and I don't mind paying for new successors that are written from the ground up.

I just got air video HD last week and I quite like it. setup and UI is simplified a bit from the older version and I like how it can play videos with controls in portrait mode - that's useful when pushing stuff to a apple TV and using the app like a remote.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I just got air video HD last week and I quite like it. setup and UI is simplified a bit from the older version and I like how it can play videos with controls in portrait mode - that's useful when pushing stuff to a apple TV and using the app like a remote.

How does offline mode work? Does it encode and save a tailored-for-the-device version of the video on the spot?

Vyer

Been playing more with photo apps lately. VSCO Cam, ProCamera, TiltShiftGen are all very polished.

ProCamera in particular seems to have a nice feature set. The live data is a nice touch

Quick

Banned
I like the new Instagram design (icon aside), but I was hoping they'd finally include badge notifications. They're already halfway through with push notifications on Notification Center, might as well finish it up.

Magnus

Just a follow-up. I found something that appears to be perfect!

Swift Player

-Fully downloads video to play later
-Continues playing with the screen off
-Variable speed playback on all those videos (including more than just YouTube)
-Remembers where you are
-Ability to save bookmarks
-Stable, doesn't crash

Does it work well, and is it legal? I thought YouTube prohibited playback of its content except by streaming it.

Also, haven't some of these features worked before on apps (like screen-off playing) and then been locked down? Id hate to pay $4 here and be locked out of those features next week.

dLMN8R

Does it work well, and is it legal? I thought YouTube prohibited playback of its content except by streaming it.

Also, haven't some of these features worked before on apps (like screen-off playing) and then been locked down? Id hate to pay $4 here and be locked out of those features next week.

I don't care if it's "legal", but it works incredibly well for me. Well worth the $4 risk to finally be able to listen to some long lectures I've wanted to listen to for a long time.

Quick

Banned
Somebody suggested '30 Days to Flatter Apps' or something like that. I thought that was amusing.

VSCOcam and ProCamera should definitely be added to the Photography section IMO

Oh yes, VSCO Cam. Forgot about that. I'll add both in, thanks!

Heel

i0nF2sIzfDYMa.png

Opening post is now flat!

I also took off some redundant apps, added some missing ones, renamed the Comics to Reading and added book apps. Totally missed that.

I noticed that McTube links no longer work and it's now McTube Pro for YouTube as far as I can tell. I can't really speak for the new app, but reviews say they no longer do offline caching.

I'm happy with the official YouTube app now that it's Universal and expected to allow offline playback in November. The only drawback for me is there's no video quality selector and no way to set a preference.

I noticed that McTube links no longer work and it's now McTube Pro for YouTube as far as I can tell. I can't really speak for the new app, but reviews say they no longer do offline caching.

I'm happy with the official YouTube app now that it's Universal and expected to allow offline playback in November. The only drawback for me is there's no video quality selector and no way to set a preference.

Download MxTube, its ios7-ified McTube.

Top Bottom