• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Simple question, would love if someone could help. When I'm in Gmail's web interface, my email replies thread perfectly. When I'm in Mail on my iPhone 5 (in iOS7), they're all separate replies. Is this a bug in iOS7? Am I missing something very obvious?

Quick

Banned
Simple question, would love if someone could help. When I'm in Gmail's web interface, my email replies thread perfectly. When I'm in Mail on my iPhone 5 (in iOS7), they're all separate replies. Is this a bug in iOS7? Am I missing something very obvious?

I'm seeing separate replies, too. But there's up and down arrows to quickly jump to each preceeding email in the same folder, though. But that's not quite what you're looking for.

Check out the Gmail app or Mailbox if you want actual threading.

null_zps37dff9dc.png

Authentic Weather - the only weather app you need!

coldfoot

Banned
Does anyone have a list of apps by developers who stated they would never support Android? I'd like to buy their apps and support them.

coldfoot

Banned
It shouldn't even be a factor. Just get the best app out there that does the job. No need to limit yourself to some silly vendetta against Android.
But knowing that Android users aren't getting my experience makes me extra happy and satisfied, so that's why I asked.
Anyone have a list?

Quick

Banned
It's fine "hating" an OS, even if it's a bit immature. Do you hate it because you had a negative experience using Android devices, or because of fierce brand loyalty to Apple?

Having actually used a few Android devices, I can say that it's just not for me, but I don't "hate" it.

We're not allowed to dislike/hate other OS's?
Anyway, got TweetBot, Cardmunch, and Prismatic, if anyone was wondering.

It's one thing to hate an OS because you don't like it's design, or usage, or how it works. It's another to go out of your way to ignore an app because the developer also makes a version for the competing OS. You are then hurting your experience based on some childish vendetta that really shouldn't affect you. It should just be a simple, is this app great? Not is this app great? Oh but they have an Android version, fuck them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Figured I'd ask this in here. I preordered an album using the "complete my album" option but the two singles I had previously bought aren't in the full album listing, they're still just listed as separate singles and it just says I've already purchased them on the iTunes store. Any way to get them in the full tracklist?

Quick

Banned
Figured I'd ask this in here. I preordered an album using the "complete my album" option but the two singles I had previously bought aren't in the full album listing, they're still just listed as separate singles and it just says I've already purchased them on the iTunes store. Any way to get them in the full tracklist?

You could manually edit those tracks on iTunes.

coldfoot

Banned
It's fine "hating" an OS, even if it's a bit immature. Do you hate it because you had a negative experience using Android devices, or because of fierce brand loyalty to Apple?
Horrendous experiences with the Android community and Touchwiz. IMO an OS that allows whatever a carrier or a hardware maker wants to install, without the option to remove them is horrendous. It's like those Windows laptops loaded with bloatware, but unlike Windows, you can't reinstall your OS to remove them. A nightmare. Not only I don't like Android, but I don't like people who like Android as well, and I'd prefer to reward those devs who don't go to the other side. I have no problem with Windows Phone, wish it got more apps.

In any case people have no issues and don't get bans insulting others that they don't know here I guess. I just put them on ignore but I wish that feature worked when someone quoted them as well.

Mafro

Comic Zeal is the best iOS comic reader. I was wary due to the price but it was worth every penny. The iOS 7 update is really nice too.

Comic Zeal is the best iOS comic reader. I was wary due to the price but it was worth every penny. The iOS 7 update is really nice too.

Thanks. A lot of comic reader round up articles I read seemed to say the same thing, I was only asking because the iOS 7 update for it seems to have some fairly mixed reviews in the App Store. After reading though most of them it seems like the reason that people were giving it low marks was because they were nostalgic for the look the app had before it got updated to the iOS 7 look.

Quick

Banned
I've been looking for a comic reader for iPad. I was looking at Comic Zeal since it seems to have pretty good reviews, but it's $5. Anyone have experience with Comic Zeal and Chunky Comic Reader?

+1 to Comic Zeal. Easy to use and zero issues with it.

I jumped from Comic Flow, which is barebones but good.

oipic

I've been looking for a comic reader for iPad. I was looking at Comic Zeal since it seems to have pretty good reviews, but it's $5. Anyone have experience with Comic Zeal and Chunky Comic Reader?

I've bought and used ALL of them, it seems, and ComicRack is the reader of choice in my opinion. Having said that, it's not cheap, and while it's a great reader in its own right, where it really shines is when paired (and synced) with the desktop application of the same name - so its full gamut of features may not be of much interest unless you're using ComicRack to manage and catalog your comic collection. For those of us that do, it is GODLY.

Prior to ComicRack's release on iOS, I used ComicGlass. A little plain-jane in appearance compared to some of the flashier alternatives, but lacks nothing in the way of viewing options and preferences - once setup just the way you like it, it really just gets out of the way and lets the comics do the talking.

Edit: sloppily-pasted link fixed - nice catch, thanks Fuu. :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've bought and used ALL of them, it seems, and ComicRack is the reader of choice in my opinion. Having said that, it's not cheap, and while it's a great reader in its own right, where it really shines is when paired (and synced) with the desktop application of the same name - so its full gamut of features may not be of much interest unless you're using ComicRack to manage and catalog your comic collection. For those of us that do, it is GODLY.

Prior to ComicRack's release on iOS, I used ComicGlass. A little plain-jane in appearance compared to some of the flashier alternatives, but lacks nothing in the way of viewing options and preferences - once setup just the way you like it, it really just gets out of the way and lets the comics do the talking.
I can also vouch for ComicGlass, it's usually overlooked but I haven't missed any features in my two years of use. Good support too.

(the link got an extra http:// by accident btw!)

Heel

Figure is the free App of the Week.

One of my favorite apps. Trust me, you do not have to be very musically inclined to enjoy this thing, tinker around and actually make music. Just a great creativity outlet. Try it!

Here's a trailer, or just search for people using the app on YouTube and you'll understand the beauty of this thing.

Quick

Banned
Figure is the free App of the Week.

One of my favorite apps. Trust me, you do not have to be very musically inclined to enjoy this thing, tinker around and actually make music. Just a great creativity outlet. Try it!

Here's a trailer, or just search for people using the app on YouTube and you'll understand the beauty of this thing.

The trailer sold me on the app. I'm definitely not a musical person, but it looks like an app that I can easily mess around with,.

Number45

Yeah, I've bought it across two separate accounts. Five times in total (two iPhone, two iPad and one Mac).

Must resist...

EDIT: Resistance fail...

EDIT2: Dat icon. <3

Number45

I don't like it either, but I love Tweetbot and to me it's worth $2.99. I would flip a shit though if they ever made us pay for updates to the Mac app.
Yeah, that mofo was pricey. I don't know if they'll bother at the moment though, given that there's been no massive overhaul to the OS X UI.

mrkgoo

Again, dumbest criteria ever.
I can see it from the point of having app development focused so you get tighter integration with hardware, perhaps faster update cycles etc

But yeah for a 'just because', it's a pretty weird reason.

Even for the above reason, the general app space for mobile devices isn't really a problem since the focus is generally iOS anyway.

How odd.

Mafro

Those screenshots, yeesh... ok, everybody switch to touting Twitterific as the best mobile twitter app.
I love the new design, so much better than the previous one which has looked dated to hell since iOS 7 came out.

I've got no problems paying again for the app given that I easily use it more than any other and the fact it's the best Twitter app around.

Top Bottom