• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is there a way to remotely watch DVDs on my ipad?

Basically I'm going through an old tv show right now which I have on DVD.

I'd like to be able to watch the show on my ipad when I'm doing the dishes and stuff like that.

Is there a way to stream a DVD playing on my PC to the iPad via the network without actually having to rip the DVD? I don't need it on the go, just when I'm at home but not in front of the PC or TV.

You can use Splashtop for that.

Whoever did the new Bing app should be fired.

nTMwbLf.jpg

I mean, it was never a looker, but how couldn't that person at least center the next under the buttons? Holy cow.

Mr. Hyde

As someone who has never used Twitter much, is there a way to turn off the feature of seeing every single tweet strangers post that mention one of the people I follow? I am seeing everyone's post that mentions Neil Gaiman and it becomes so much unnecessary information. I am using Tweetbot as my twitter app.

Edit: Nevermind. Turning off retweets fixed that.

mrkgoo

Is there anyway to redownload an app you have purchased before if the developer has pulled it off your local store?

Doom Classic got an update and is like the newer version.

Previously, you'd be able to access them in the 'Purchased' tab - I could even delete my app and redone load and timeouts be the newer version.

Now it just says unavailable :(

Maybe I'll just have to bite and buy the US version.

mrkgoo

Never mind.

On iTunes, it doesn't show up in my purchased tab at all, but on my phone, if I do a search, it's there. It doesn't say update, however, just open. But when I tapped open, it updated.

Quick

Banned
More snark from TapTapTap with Camera+'s latest update:

So the jury’s in… based on all the feedback from our last update, you nice guys & gals made it loud and clear that you really appreciate that we continuously update Camera+ AND that we don’t try to nickel-and-dime you in the process. There’ve been the cries of, “devs gotta eat!” by a small handful, but we’re more of the mindset that some devs can stand to shed a few pounds (we’re no stranger to the allure of the Baconator ourselves, so we can empathize).

We’re very hard at work on Camera+ 5, which will have some really awesome things in it and will be a totally free update for you... but today we have a very nice, minor update that fixes some problems that some of you are having, especially if you have an iPhone 4S.

We also fixed a few sharing issues including one where the “Open In…” feature wouldn't always work properly. And we added a bunch of options for what you can do with the links you get after you share photos.

In this update we took a little time put more spit-shine on some of the details that we missed during the big rush to get the iOS7ified version of Camera+ out in time for the iOS 7 launch. Our excuse for missing these things the first time around is that our eyes had been recovering from being blinded by all the bright, candy colors in iOS 7.

Quick

Banned
Whoever did the new Bing app should be fired.

nTMwbLf.jpg

I mean, it was never a looker, but how couldn't that person at least center the next under the buttons? Holy cow.

That bothers me. I just wanna fucking centre those.

As someone who has never used Twitter much, is there a way to turn off the feature of seeing every single tweet strangers post that mention one of the people I follow? I am seeing everyone's post that mentions Neil Gaiman and it becomes so much unnecessary information. I am using Tweetbot as my twitter app.

Edit: Nevermind. Turning off retweets fixed that.

And there should be a setting to get notifications from people you follow only as well.

Cr0wn0

Fantastical is awesome and I'm pretty sure I'm going to uninstall Pocket Informant. Great App. Would definitely pay 3$ a year.

Quick

Banned
I decided to delete my Google+ profile (not Google Account), and I'm suddenly getting an Authentication Error message when trying to log back into my Google Account on the YouTube app (iPhone) after it signed me out. I opened up the app on my iPad, and it looks like it was going to sign me out (saw a spinning loading wheel). I closed it before it did.

My account works just fine when I log into YouTube on my PC.

Mairu

Tweetbot slow upon opening for anyone else? Not sure if it has something to do with how background app refresh works on 3.0, but it seems like every time I open it now I have to wait a few seconds before it will actually respond to any touches.

Sakujou

Banned
hi there, is there a manga reader out there, with a drap and drop function?

i have cloudreaders which is perfect, but i cant find the option to drag and drop in itunes...

i hope you can help me.

Quick

Banned
hi there, is there a manga reader out there, with a drap and drop function?

i have cloudreaders which is perfect, but i cant find the option to drag and drop in itunes...

i hope you can help me.

Comic Zeal has the option to mark books as manga to adjust how it turns pages.

GWX

Apple's Remote app finally got updated for iOS 7. On the iPad, it's a hit-and-miss experience: scrolling can be annoyingly choppy in some places. New design is also questionable, if not straight up ugly: a mishmash of the iTunes UX and the iOS 7 UX. Well, at least the app is functional now in landscape. I suspect the iPhone app is much better, sadly (will test tomorrow). Apple has been disappointing me in the iPad software front lately =(

Heel

The Comcast app got updated with live television. Mostly sports channels. Pretty slick.

The new Food Network app is pretty nice, too.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I have a question about the mail app...

I use the "unread" box at the top which is great but right now it only checks my inbox and not the folders under it. This is a company phone using Exchange and I have a bunch of folders and rules set in outlook on my work pc that are automatically used on the phone.

I can get the mails fines in any of the folders but "Unread" will only ever check the root Inbox.

Is there any way to fix that?

Future

So anyone actually leave on the location checking on google now? Left it on for a few days but not seeing anything cool in the google now cards. I thought it was supposed to learn locations and create location based cards

Constant location arrow in the corner starting to worry me. Like I'm gonna burn out the GPS ha. Think I'm gonna shut it off

Guess Who

Banned
Apple's Remote app finally got updated for iOS 7. On the iPad, it's a hit-and-miss experience: scrolling can be annoyingly choppy in some places. New design is also questionable, if not straight up ugly: a mishmash of the iTunes UX and the iOS 7 UX. Well, at least the app is functional now in landscape. I suspect the iPhone app is much better, sadly (will test tomorrow). Apple has been disappointing me in the iPad software front lately =(

I believe I've heard that the Remote app is developed pretty much by one dude.

Heel

I like AppZapp more than App Shopper for sales stuff. There's an app for iPad, pro version goes free constantly, 99 cents to remove ads, lots of ways to look at App Store charts and the apps you have flagged.

X-Frame

Can anyone recommend a good PDF reader app?

I have GoodReader for iPad/iPhone but they don't seem to care about updating their app, so I'm looking for alternatives. I know I could read them in iBooks for iOS, but I'm assuming there are much better options out there.

Thanks!

PFD

Can anyone recommend a good PDF reader app?

I have GoodReader for iPad/iPhone but they don't seem to care about updating their app, so I'm looking for alternatives. I know I could read them in iBooks for iOS, but I'm assuming there are much better options out there.

Thanks!

I too am looking for a decent PDF reader. I've been using good reader for years, but lately its performance has been terrible when I open large files (>300 mb) even on the iPad air.

FerranMG

Has anyone got any problems with notifications (banners and lock-screen notifications) not appearing for some apps?
I have been using the Calvetica calendar for years, and suddenly I'm not seeing any of those in my new 5S and iPad Air.

dream

I too am looking for a decent PDF reader. I've been using good reader for years, but lately its performance has been terrible when I open large files (>300 mb) even on the iPad air.

I've been using Documents by Readdle while waiting for Good Reader to get their shit together. I don't know how it handles massive PDFs, but it does have a very similar featureset to Good Reader.

I don't know if you're allowed to promote your own apps here, if not let me know and I will delete this post.

Me and a buddy have made a kids app: Preschool Professor - Math

Screenshot:
pXHoiAO.png

It's our first attempt at anything really, (well, second, but first attempt was more just to wrap my head around Objective C), so if someone here would like to check it out and give some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Here are some promo codes, it probably makes most sense for people with kids to try it out, but any feedback is welcome:

YMNXAH677TRP
99JNTTNE3AT3
KWNXPEJEH3RY
73EJY9K4FT9J
M6TM7RLWFR7P
4MMMPAR9JWER
L6AALRXWHM3P
PPTPFWHYXP6W
E6WET66JR6TA
LTFT99XM33LN

mrkgoo

I don't know if you're allowed to promote your own apps here, if not let me know and I will delete this post.

Me and a buddy have made a kids app: Preschool Professor - Math

Screenshot:
pXHoiAO.png

It's our first attempt at anything really, (well, second, but first attempt was more just to wrap my head around Objective C), so if someone here would like to check it out and give some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Here are some promo codes, it probably makes most sense for people with kids to try it out, but any feedback is welcome:

YMNXAH677TRP
99JNTTNE3AT3
KWNXPEJEH3RY
73EJY9K4FT9J
M6TM7RLWFR7P
4MMMPAR9JWER
L6AALRXWHM3P
PPTPFWHYXP6W
E6WET66JR6TA
LTFT99XM33LN

Do you have kids?

Top Bottom