• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management

randome

Can anyone recommend a hero for Kingdom Rush Frontiers please? Also, is there any way to get more of those little hero sales pop up? I got a bunch in the beginning but havent seen any lately. Thanks!

Emarv

I'm Emarv on GameCenter, too. I've lost 3 online games in a row, so feel free to hit me up if you feel like winning.

Emarv

What's sandbox and where do I find my sandbox name?

I got an invite, woohoo, and played against the AI. Pretty fun!

It's in the gamecenter. you have to go to the settings for gamecenter and toggle the sandbox tab. then in gamecenter it gives you a specific sandbox name that you set up.

PittaGAF

Dark Echo.

I must be missing something very obvious because I can't for the life of me compkete level 29.
I tried stealth, throwing rocks, walking everywhere....I'm still killed.

Any help?

Dark Echo.

I must be missing something very obvious because I can't for the life of me compkete level 29.
I tried stealth, throwing rocks, walking everywhere....I'm still killed.

Any help?
Ah, okay, it's actually pretty simple. Took me a while to figure out as well. First move forward a few steps and start stomping a few times. You'll notice that the walls in the passage you're trying to get through are moving, closing and opening. You have to time your movement to get through.

The areas in between with strips/bars are safe

How long have you been playing? I'm still surprised by how long this game is. I'm only on level 36, and there are 80 total. At least 3 hours so far and I'm not even halfway through yet

PittaGAF

Ah, okay, it's actually pretty simple. Took me a while to figure out as well. First move forward a few steps and start stomping a few times. You'll notice that the walls in the passage you're trying to get through are moving, closing and opening. You have to time your movement to get through.

The areas in between with strips/bars are safe

How long have you been playing? I'm still surprised by how long this game is. I'm only on level 36, and there are 80 total. At least 3 hours so far and I'm not even halfway through yet

Thanks!!!!
I noticed they were moving but I didn't notice it was the upper and lower walls!!!
Just did it, thanks again!!!

Yeah the game seems massive and they keep adding new mechanics.
Great gem.

PittaGAF

KINDO is fantastic.
Just...fantastic.

Can't wait for it to be finally out for everyone.
I'm so addicted I keep the sandbox active on one device (and I'm a heavy async user in general...so I must have active my normal GC a account).

PittaGAF

Enabled sandbox mode and lost all of my friends and achievements.

Yay.

Add me for Kindo: eirikist

Disable sandbox and all should return normal. Sandbox is basically a new GC account (without anything).
It's normal that you have no friends in sandbox.

Well, besides the well known stuff like 80 Days, Framed, and Monument Valley, here are other quality games on that I'd recommend

- Sometimes You Die
- Pako
- ALONE...
- RETRY
- First Strike
- Smash Hit
- Chronology

Thank you! I do love Smash Hit in very small doses.
I'll look up the others. Thanks as always :D

This Kindo game everyone's raving about seems worthwhile too.

Got into the Kindo test, but I can't seem to play online at all. It just gives me the spinning wheel while trying to connect to GameCenter.

PittaGAF

Got into the Kindo test, but I can't seem to play online at all. It just gives me the spinning wheel while trying to connect to GameCenter.

You need to activate sandbox mode or it won't work.
In sandbox (basically a test GC account) you won't have any friends or achievements.
Switch back when you want to play your other, non beta, games.

PittaGAF

Ok guys, is anyone here a REAL fan of the old '90 Championship Manager and one than can spend days managing a virtual football club?

I'm the only Italian with no love for football, so I'm looking for people who really knows their stuff.

Italians preferred :p
Not really

If you are, send me a private message.

awp69

Auro looks good and was quite highly regarded on Android. Curious to see how it will be received on iOS.

It got quite a bit better after some updates. At first, it was a bit of a mess. Now it's finally in shape for prime time. I need to get back to it and put more time into it with the latest updates. Quite a difficult game that looks simplistic at first thinking all you do is bump enemies off the playing field, but it's much deeper than that (the tutorial alone is 31 levels!).

Anilones

Ok guys, is anyone here a REAL fan of the old '90 Championship Manager and one than can spend days managing a virtual football club?

I'm the only Italian with no love for football, so I'm looking for people who really knows their stuff.

Italians preferred :p
Not really

If you are, send me a private message.

I've sent you a PM.

Adding Auro, Dark Echo, Nobody Said It Was Easy, Yet It Moves, and Odd Bot Out to the OP tonight. Anything else OP-worthy? Midnight Star?

awp69

Adding Auro, Dark Echo, Nobody Said It Was Easy, Yet It Moves, and Odd Bot Out to the OP tonight. Anything else OP-worthy? Midnight Star?

I'd say Midnight Star is OP worthy. Yet another game that I need to spend some more time with but, aside from wishing it were premium, it's got some really nice gameplay techniques that make it feel more than just a traditional rail shooter.

okno

I'm at once turned on and turned off by Auro. I love the art style, but the overall look of it is really off-putting to me at the same time. For $3, though, and with all of the praise it has continued to receive after release, I'll give it a go.

awp69

Wow. The tutorial is much better than it used to be in Auro. Great to see when a game truly evolves. Even though I kind of feel like Android was more or less used as a beta test, the dev at least used it to greatly enhance a game vs. Exiles, which I was sad to see not improved before its iOS release.

Regardless, I always knew Auro had the chance at greatness and it feels like, at least the current Android version, it finally has.

Looking forward to diving into this again with a fresh perspective.

Don't go into it thinking it's a Hoplite clone. It's way deeper than that game. Without strategy and knowing your enemies, you will get nowhere in this game.

colinp

Banned
Wow. The tutorial is much better than it used to be in Auro. Great to see when a game truly evolves. Even though I kind of feel like Android was more or less used as a beta test, the dev at least used it to greatly enhance a game vs. Exiles, which I was sad to see not improved before its iOS release.

Regardless, I always knew Auro had the chance at greatness and it feels like, at least the current Android version, it finally has.

Looking forward to diving into this again with a fresh perspective.

Don't go into it thinking it's a Hoplite clone. It's way deeper than that game. Without strategy and knowing your enemies, you will get nowhere in this game.

The mere mention of Hoplite got my attention. I'll try it out! Won't be able to dig in until after work, alas.

Top Bottom