• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2016 | Crashlands Bandicoot

Cab203kUkAALHqE.jpg:large
1) It looks like your items (keys, bombs, ect.) will be part of an item bar in the bottom center a la crashlands

2) looks like you can make the virtual controls invisible

3) with how many pics they have been teasing of this
recently I suspect that this isn't far off, right?

Pachimari

Oh wow, I gotta give it to them. I already got an answer about the Horizon Chase issue:

Hi Name, could you please try the last update? was published few minutes ago and should be fixing the issue. Also try the Restore button in the map menu if the update is not fixing the issue by itself.

Only that there isn't any update for the game. It'll probably pop up within the next few hours then.

awp69

Two great games, Mutant Mudds and Pizza vs. Skeletons, are currently free!

There's a $1.99 IAP for the recently added 20 ghost levels in MM that you can (should) get if you want to support the devs.

How is Xcom: Enemy Within on iOS? I have an iPad Air and an iPhone 6s.

Isn't 2K terrible with keeping their games updated for the latest iOS? Maybe I'll just get it on Steam.

Pachimari

I'm gonna have them all on my mobile come my vacation.

I'm also getting Dragon Quest VI but I'm hoping for a sale before April, as I have to complete IV and V first anyway. And I'm looking into Adventures of Mana now too.

[edit]
Bought Fotonica. Gonna try it out tonight when I go to bed, with my headset.

Zodzilla

Yes, definitely

Fotonica, if just for the weirdly gorgeous levels and sense of speed. Beat Sneak Bandit for one of the best rhythm games on mobilee. And Pape Sangre for sheer uniqueness

I beg to differ on some of these.

Fotonica is cool to look at, but kind of sparse in terms of dynamics.

Beat Sneak Bandit is fucking rad, but then hits a wall in terms of trial and error difficulty, which is a shame because it's still amazing on all other fronts.

Love them both to a degree, but would be hard pressed to recommend them without these caveats.

Haven't played papa sangre.

Danneee

How is Xcom: Enemy Within on iOS? I have an iPad Air and an iPhone 6s.

Isn't 2K terrible with keeping their games updated for the latest iOS? Maybe I'll just get it on Steam.

It's great on my Air 2. I think the only thing you miss out on if you play it on the iPad versus phone 6s is some shadows but the bigger screen is just so much more comfortable to play it on.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i love XCOM on my iPhone 6S but if i had a newer iPad i'd be playing it on there - the extra real estate is useful.

it's one of the finest strategy games of all time, though, so if you haven't played it make sure you cop it.

Pachimari

Is it just me, or are the controls in The World Ends With You super cumbersome in battles? Way too often I can't move Neku, and when I decide to tap the enemy to use lightning, it also activates my partners attacks.

What's up with this?

[edit]
Football Manager 2016 is on sale with 50%! Just bought it and I know I'm gonna waste tons of hours on it on the go.

heringer

If you are on the market for an old school, challenging platformer, Super Dangerous Dungeons is pretty cool! It's free too (IAP to remove ads).

It's great on my Air 2. I think the only thing you miss out on if you play it on the iPad versus phone 6s is some shadows but the bigger screen is just so much more comfortable to play it on.

i love XCOM on my iPhone 6S but if i had a newer iPad i'd be playing it on there - the extra real estate is useful.

it's one of the finest strategy games of all time, though, so if you haven't played it make sure you cop it.

Noted, thanks to the both of you.

autoduelist

looking for recommendations -- I've only had my device for a month.

Really enjoy tactical games... so far my favorites have been Hoplite, Kingturn RPG, Card Crawl, and right now Decromancer. All turn based, all have rpg elements. Roguelikes, srpgs, deck building games, etc.

Somewhere around $2 is my limit per game, though I do make exceptions [kingturn rpg was more, but had a nice demo so I wasn't taking a blind chance on it].

I've found lots of games that -look- like I might enjoy them, but don't really have a soul or are clearly pay-to-win. Any recommendations? Basically - turn based, some sort of rpg-like upgrade system, some sort of player/army mechanic, very solid combat mechanics with tactical depth.

heringer

Really enjoy tactical games... so far my favorites have been Hoplite, Kingturn RPG, Card Crawl, and right now Decromancer. All turn based, all have rpg elements. Roguelikes, srpgs, deck building games, etc.

Somewhere around $2 is my limit per game, though I do make exceptions [kingturn rpg was more, but had a nice demo so I wasn't taking a blind chance on it].

I've found lots of games that -look- like I might enjoy them, but don't really have a soul or are clearly pay-to-win. Any recommendations? Basically - turn based, some sort of rpg-like upgrade system, some sort of player/army mechanic, very solid combat mechanics with tactical depth.

Tactics Maiden is the best SRPG in the AppStore (aside from ports like FFT, XCOM, etc). Since you like Kingturn, it's a nobrainer. Same dev.

If you like Kingturn, did you check out Tactics Maiden?

These two threads have Strategy/RPG sections:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160360
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921676

Also thanks for mentioning Decromancer. It's right up my alley and I had never heard of it

awp69

I'd also highly recommend Templar Battleforce RPG for SRPG, but it's $6.99 (currently on sale from $9.99).

Oh, and congrats Mr. Moderator, More_Badass.

Voidance

Nicely done, MB! The champion iOS gaming needs and deserves.

Having a lot of fun with Dungelot, especially post patch. It's beating Crashlands for screen time, that's for sure, and I'm not much of a roguelike fan.

oipic

Oh, and congrats Mr. Moderator, More_Badass.

That's great news, congrats MB! You're one of the finest posters on GAF, so the responsibility is in great hands.

Some very worthy and widely respected folks deservingly became mods today - today is a good day for GAF.

PittaGAF

Congrats More_Badass!!!

Apparently The Binding of Isaac not only exists, it has been already submitted rejected from Apple......

PittaGAF

So...I feel really stupid now about my reservations...but thanks to anyone that suggested me Dust: An Elysian tale.

Wow.

2 hours later on my 6S I'm super hooked.
I'm surprisingly even into the characters...probably because of the nice dubbing.
So so fluid and it controls SO WELL....I can't believe I'm able to pull those combos.
It is actiony but so far it's really interesting.

I should have bought it long ago.

colinp

Banned
So...I feel really stupid now about my reservations...but thanks to anyone that suggested me Dust: An Elysian tale.

Wow.

2 hours later on my 6S I'm super hooked.
I'm surprisingly even into the characters...probably because of the nice dubbing.
So so fluid and it controls SO WELL....I can't believe I'm able to pull those combos.
It is actiony but so far it's really interesting.

I should have bought it long ago.

Yeah that's a great game. Does it really control so well on phone? I've got it for PC and feel like it needs a real controller.

Congrats More_Badass!!!

Apparently The Binding of Isaac not only exists, it has been already submitted rejected from Apple......
Well of course. Did they say if it was rejected bfcause of an IOS 9 issue or because of the content? 9th Dawn 2 was rejected because an problem with IOS 9.2

awp69

The Binding of Issac rejection is such BS. It's so cartoony. Yes, it's also a bit blasphemous. Why does Apple even have a 17+ rating on the store?

Games may be easier to get for kids but isn't that what good parenting is for?

PittaGAF

Yeah that's a great game. Does it really control so well on phone? I've got it for PC and feel like it needs a real controller.

I'm 4 hours in (non stop!!!) and so far they have been perfect.
Really liking the game in general and especially when you get full attack power with the gems and the basic monsters go down in 1 hit (before it was a bit too chaotic).

Great game!!!

Pachimari

Splash Cars looks very interesting. It's a mix of Pako and Splatoon. It is free too, and unfortunately have some bad timers.

But if it is possible, would you guys be up for playing online? Just to try it out.

[edit]
Actually, I think it's Splat Wars.

The Binding of Issac rejection is such BS. It's so cartoony. Yes, it's also a bit blasphemous. Why does Apple even have a 17+ rating on the store?

Games may be easier to get for kids but isn't that what good parenting is for?
And don't forget, Limbo is on the IOS too, And that is way more graphic in its depiction of child violence. Decapitation, getting impaled, crushed, drowning, ground up by saw blades, etc.

Afro

Have you guys played Flewn? Premise and art style look so cool.

"Flewn immerses you in the surreal journey of an old whale walking on stilts through a desert in search of a lost ocean."

Pachimari

Just bought Beat Sneak Bandit as well. Thinking of buying Adventures of Mana and I never played the original Final Fantasy Adventure game.

Oynox

I forgot to research which games released last Friday. Can anyone give me a quick overview about the highlights?

Emarv

I'm an idiot. Ever have that game you quickly glance at and thinks it's just immediately not for you?

I looked at Hoplite and for some reason thought the mechanics were way different than what they were. This game is so great and right up my alley. So glad I just randomly gave it a go.

Top Bottom