• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2016 | Your backlog grows in tiny bits

Matt Frost

It's great. Constantly add new puzzle elements, and mixs them up in interesting and challenging ways. It's more varied than you might think

Agreed on all of this about Hundreds. Is also one of those games tailored for the touchscreen, that makes every possible use of it in some very impressive ways. I also have to say that I was stuck on the last level and could never finish it. My brain wasnt as fast... I guess. Loved it nonetheless. Interesting yet challenging.

I've had fun with that one. Fairly simple little puzzle game that works well on the phone.

It's a cute and good puzzler. Nothing amazing but it's worth the money :)

Thanks for the recommendations, with these and some gameplay videos I ended uo buying it. And it ended up being what I wanted: a touchscreen 2D version of Portal, a game I love.

Also, going to buy Lost Socks as well, need another yet different auto runner in my life xD

Also used to support iOS indie devs a lot but Destiny and Division caught up all of my free time until I have nothing left to do in both... And nothing more comes out on the PS4 until the new Mirrors Edge or No Mans Sky arrives so I need some games to pass time... Unless I start Bloodborne for the 10th time and rage quit in spite of me dying with every single foe I encounter... Those two will suffice for the time being... Maybe...

awp69

Anything worth playing from this week's releases?

Honestly tried a bunch and nothing grabbed me at all. Flail Rider is ok I guess. Couldn't get into Hammer Bomb (swipe controls are kind of annoying and imprecise) or Dash Masters.

I haven't tried Prison Run and Gun yet though and have heard good things about it.

mid83

So how does Miitomo work? Is it based on a friends list on the 3DS or Wii U? I don't have any friends on 3DS

killercow

Interesting that the iAP are only £0.79, £2.29 and £3.99

That's weird, I'm sure I read somewhere that it went really high when it was in Japan only. Wonder if that's been changed.

That Powerpuff Girls game looks like an interesting take on match threes. And it's premium. May have to take a look (and have no problems with the theme -- after all the Radiangames shmup was excellent).

Yeah and the mix of action and match-3 seems promising. Especially given that you just have to go from portrait to landscape to switch between the two. Genius.

i'm not interested in buffy comics but i love seeing huge comic collections like that go up for sale 😍😍😍
Really hope there's an Image Bundle again. I like Marvel and DC, but they can't touch Image's stuff. Lazarus, Wytch, Spread, so much good sci-fi and horror

awp69

Is implosion any good? What were the impressions when it released last year?

Looked and sounded good, but the gameplay was mostly mindless hack-and-slash without a whole lot of depth. It could have gotten better in updates, though.

Not sure how much you played but the "ark" system for skills is very deep...honestly a little too deep and confusing IMO.

I loved the game. Lots of variety and tough bosses that you can't just hack and slash away at and expect to get anywhere.

A recent update also provided a new character and mini-campaign (haven't gotten far in it yet and seems pretty challenging).

ParityBit

So is Chunky the preferred reader?

I was so surprised when I found out Humble Bundle did that. I always just thought it was for games. The mobile bundle is pretty nice too!

Finally got BlipBlup. Anyone played that before? It was a minimalist puzzler that Ustwo made before Monument Valley. It's a lot of fun. Super simple to play, quite tricky to solve levels with the "perfect" number of moves, very polished and nicely designed, and it introduces all kinds of interesting elements to mix up its deceptively simple gameplay

iOS Gaming April 2016 | Fool's Gold

1) An April Fools reference
2) Fool's Gold is the name of campaign level in Clash of Clans
3) Fool's gold was a nickname for a worthless rock that people would mistake for valuable gold, which works nicely as a metaphor for the nature of IAPs :p

Perfect

It's also a great song by British rock band The Stone Roses. Totally unrelated to iOS.

I played BlipBlup as a tester. Didn't really like it, can't remember why though. How far in are you?

Matt Frost

Bunch of lurkers took my first five tries, hah. Ungrateful shits.

Yep, except three of you, all lurkers. Next time it would be better with a quote to reveal thingy

Finally got BlipBlup. Anyone played that before? It was a minimalist puzzler that Ustwo made before Monument Valley. It's a lot of fun. Super simple to play, quite tricky to solve levels with the "perfect" number of moves, very polished and nicely designed, and it introduces all kinds of interesting elements to mix up its deceptively simple gameplay

Loved it back in the day, ustwo usual coat of polish.

iOS Gaming April 2016 | Fool's Gold

1) An April Fools reference
2) Fool's Gold is the name of campaign level in Clash of Clans
3) Fool's gold was a nickname for a worthless rock that people would mistake for valuable gold, which works nicely as a metaphor for the nature of IAPs :p

Awesome

Mudo

Well it looks like the thread may reach its goal yay!! I'm off to download Miitomo and get some rewards.

also, can I play Granblue right now or do I have to wait till the 11th???

e: omg top of the page and post 1001 ?!! oh and Fool's Gold is a great subtitle for April OT!!

Matt Frost

Huh, so the new PowerPuff Girls game is made by an extremely awesome dev called Grumpyface Studios, creators of some of the best games on the AppStore... That makes it an instant buy in my book!

Top Bottom