• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming May 2015 | May the Watch be with you

awp69

The completely free Forestwalker (no IAP or ads) looks promising.

Possibly Battleheart inspired?

EDIT: it's actually a lane based auto running game where you select your squad and can switch characters from lane to lane depending on what you need to attack incoming enemies. Not bad, but not great. Can't complain too much for a freebie.

One day at a time ;)

Door Kickers seem like it would be right up my alley (don't know much about it, but looks / sounds the part)

Same about This War of Mine, thats on the to get list.

I really need to work through my backlog though :/
Door Kickers is a top down tactical game with a SWAT theme. Stack up, coordinate simultaneous breaches, snake cams, flash bangs, tasers, multi-floor maps, customizable load-outs, etc. It's fantastic

RustyO

Legend of Grimrock is NZ$6.49 from what I can see, so that should be US$5

Door Kickers is a top down tactical game with a SWAT theme. Stack up, coordinate simultaneous breaches, snake cams, flash bangs, tasers, multi-floor maps, customizable load-outs, etc. It's fantastic

Sold!

PS: Interesting OT thread you started over there, surprised at so many of the responses.

awp69

Another interesting small release that may get looked over with Grimlock and Grim Fandango: DigRun. First game I know of that combines match-3 with a runner. Anime style. Buck and no IAPs.

Double D

Well that sucks that Rex Rocket is iPad only. Hopefully something happens in the future where 6 Plus users can get iPad apps or something.

awp69

Saddened that Anodia 2 is F2P. Really liked the first one and I guess you can unlock levels grinding for coins or watching videos. And to unlock all levels without doing those? $29.99. All for supporting devs, but not spending $30 on a brick breaker.

Saddened that Anodia 2 is F2P. Really liked the first one and I guess you can unlock levels grinding for coins or watching videos. And to unlock all levels without doing those? $29.99. All for supporting devs, but not spending $30 on a brick breaker.
Ridiculous. Most PC indies aren't even that expensive.

Rlan

PTa7UKr.jpg

I feel like there should be an achievement for this. :p

It's so wrong, but it feels so right when you do it :p

grmlin

Grim Fandango is out? Holy...

Anyone tried it? Does it control fine on a 6+? It looks like my good old Ipad 3 isn't supported :(

PittaGAF

Yeah, tried the beta for a while. Just as slick as it appears in screenshots.

If you already have it, hit me up for a game!!!
I somewhat suck at the game (expecially since they tweaked the game, for the better) but love it!!!
I feel it's truly chess/go of the digital millennium.

okno

If you already have it, hit me up for a game!!!
I somewhat suck at the game (expecially since they tweaked the game, for the better) but love it!!!
I feel it's truly chess/go of the digital millennium.

I stopped playing the beta almost immediately, because I didn't want to get burnt out by the time the full release came out. What did they change?

PittaGAF

I stopped playing the beta almost immediately, because I didn't want to get burnt out by the time the full release came out. What did they change?

You can now redirect barriers (costs 1 move) and using a tile just used by your opponent gives him a bonus move.
Seems subtle but it changed drastically for the better IMHO an already great strategic approach, broadening the options and making the game more varied.

I did stopped playing shortly after that for the very same reason you did (and also because I sucked with the new rules :p).

Can't wait to play with people on my proper GC list at last.

Apath

Can't speak to SA (haven't played it) but I'm really enjoying Spartan Strike for what it is. I never really played Halo back in the day so to have something in that universe on my iPhone is pretty cool.

SA is awful (and I love DSS and the idea of a top down Halo-mini)
Haven't played SS but I'm interested in finding out if they've fixed the problems SA had.

Hahah! Look at that thread name! :)

Spartan Strike is superior
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going with Spartan Strike.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Version 1.2 of Four Letters has been pushed live, and should be available to all soon. This update includes

- Definitions to help you learn new words
- A Dictionary where you can view all the words you've made

Next update should include Apple Watch support, our first game for the new platform.

awp69

Have to say that the Legend of Grimrock is a fantastic port. Beautiful, brooding dungeon with those forboding sounds, light puzzles and monsters. The touch controls work perfectly. Honestly another game that probably plays better on an iPad over the clumsy keyboard and mouse (there comes out my general distain for PC gaming, even though I'm putting my toes back in a bit).

Absolute steal for $5. Don't know if that's a launch price but it should be double that.

Have to say that the Legend of Grimrock is a fantastic port. Beautiful, brooding dungeon with those forboding sounds, light puzzles and monsters. The touch controls work perfectly. Honestly another game that probably plays better on an iPad over the clumsy keyboard and mouse (there comes out my general distain for PC gaming, even though I'm putting my toes back in a bit).

Absolute steal for $5. Don't know if that's a launch price but it should be double that.
KB/M grows on you. Takes time. In the beginning, I hated it, but now I prefer KB/M to a controller

awp69

KB/M grows on you. Takes time. In the beginning, I hated it, but now I prefer KB/M to a controller

I know especially for complex strategy games there's no substitute. I think I'd always prefer a controller for shooters.

But getting back to LoG, the touch controls are really nice. The devs did a great job with the menus and it's very easy to pick up and play. Not that it's complicated but I'm liking the controls a lot.

PittaGAF

Thanks for this.
Do you feel the graphics is the same as on PC?
I've seen a video and it seemed to me it lacked the cool lighting and textures compared to the PC version I remember, but maybe it was just the compression so I wonder...
Video and screenshots in the AppStore don't help.

Pretty good sales for some games this week, not sure what the occasion is. FF6, IB3, Indigo Prophecy, and GTA San Andreas are half off.

PittaGAF

Kindo is fantastic and pitta is a damn shark! ;)

One of these days I'll update gamecenter. Probably. :p

Good game!!!
Only fault I can find in the game is the default notification sound I can't seem to be able to mute for some reason.
But I know the dev will change it to a more discreet one.

It's that or divorce.

colinp

Banned
Good game!!!
Only fault I can find in the game is the default notification sound I can't seem to be able to mute for some reason.
But I know the dev will change it to a more discreet one.

It's that or divorce.

Good game, indeed! I feel like there was a brief point in the early game where it was going my way but then went horribly wrong. Really tricky, this game.

My phone is perpetually in quiet mode so I haven't had the same problem. I'm sure they'll fix it though.

PittaGAF

Good game, indeed! I feel like there was a brief point in the early game where it was going my way but then went horribly wrong. Really tricky, this game.

My phone is perpetually in quiet mode so I haven't had the same problem. I'm sure they'll fix it though.

Apparently it's a problem of mine, not the game.
Sometimes I turn off notification sounds of one specific app, but sounds still play...I do not know why.
Already happened before (with Lost Cities specifically).
If anyone had a similar problem and solved it, I'm all ears.

awp69

Thanks for this.
Do you feel the graphics is the same as on PC?
I've seen a video and it seemed to me it lacked the cool lighting and textures compared to the PC version I remember, but maybe it was just the compression so I wonder...
Video and screenshots in the AppStore don't help.

Sorry, the reason I used "probably" when refering to the touch controls being better than a keyboard/mouse is because I don't actually own the PC version.

But the graphics, lighting and monster design look great and similar if not the same as the PC gameplay I've seen (the interface, of course, is different).

EDIT: If anyone wants the PC version, just saw that Gamersgate has it on sale for $3.

---

And I need to redownload Kindo myself!

PittaGAF

I'm not sure my iPhone will survive the day if I continue playing KINDO.

Colinp...make your fatality, take your revenge on me (awesome game our last one, sweating here).

Damn this game is freaking addicting and NO casual at all despite the look.

OK guys, i been looking everywhere for a game that playes like the classic Dune for the Amiga.

You build a base, create troops and then go out and kill the enemy base.

Is there anything like that on the Iphone?

OK guys, i been looking everywhere for a game that playes like the classic Dune for the Amiga.

You build a base, create troops and then go out and kill the enemy base.

Is there anything like that on the Iphone?
So an RTS? The Autumn Dynasty games are excellent
http://www.autumndynasty.com/

Also Doomdark's Revenge and The Lords of Midnight are on IOS
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doomdarks-revenge/id809092884?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-lords-of-midnight/id583644181?mt=8

Top Bottom