• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

cydia is much more stable now. got most of my tweaks back as well. still missing a few tweaks but i hope they will be updated.

repos i used - rpetri.ch/repo/ and hitoriblog.com/apt/

antitint - made the statusbar black permanently instead of changing color.
appinfo - handy for figuring out icons for theming.
callbar - lets me answer calls without interrupting what im doing.
color profiles - my screen has a yellow tint so this lets me adjust the temp of the display.
fastblurrednotificationcenter - makes the notification center much better looking.
ifile - access to the entire file system.
infinidock - can have as many apps/folders in the dock as i want (paging set to on).
infinifolders - lets me have more than 12 apps in a folder (paging set to on).
mapsopener - opens map links in the new google apps map.
ncsettings - quick on/off toggles for things like wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, and more.
nonewsisgoodnews - gets rid of newsstand and brings out all of the stuff inside it on the homescreen now.
respringcachefix - ryan petrichs fix for the temp files being there after a respring.
software update killer - gets rid of the badge and stops the OTA update.
statusbarcustomclock4 - i want the time and date in the statusbar and this lets me do it.
swipeselection - swipe the keyboard to go backwards and forwards.
winterboard - let me use my themes - black ups darkness and ios 4.0 signal bars.
zephyr - just got this a few minutes ago. i want to use my home button less and this is the way to do it, plus its awesome swiping away apps.

Hela

So, a weird thing happened the jailbreak broke after a one day of use.
After locking the screen it won't unlock, it's just black and nothing happenes. The thing is I haven't installed anything from cydia since the first day and I have no idea whot might have caused it. I really haven't time to restore everything again. Any ideas?

Quick update - just restored do stock 6.1, worked as it should; used evasi0n, clean jb just rebooted and it happens again and I'm fresh out of ideas.
Weather works for some reason though.

Mafro

I'm glad that I'm able to hipsterize my phone again.
I don't think there is currently a way to get rid of the grey line at the bottom.

tDaudLl.png
Can you post a link to the tweaks you're using here and how to install them?

Shaneus

If there is one person who makes all the little tweaks that no-one ever realises they want... it's Ryan Petrich. I did it last year when I went to iOS5.1 j/b and a few days ago when I went to 6.1, but the first thing I always do is search for his surname on the Cydia repository and his own. Dude just nails it with tiny little things that make it worthwhile.

plainr_

What platform are you using? I'm on the iPad 2. At gpSPhone's install screen on Cydia the Install button says Recheck instead

iPhone 5.

Zodttd is updating gpsphone in a few days so you might want to wait for that. Installing this has been a hit or miss for some people it seems.

Pachimari

is Springtomize 2 updated for iphone 5 yet?

It doesn't work on mine. I change the settings, reboot etc. but nothing happens.

Though I think everybody have a different experience with the tweak on iPhone 5 so far.

How can I do, so my alarm uses a song from my library instead of the traditional alarm sound? Was it named Alarmer?

It doesn't work on mine. I change the settings, reboot etc. but nothing happens.

Though I think everybody have a different experience with the tweak on iPhone 5 so far.

How can I do, so my alarm uses a song from my library instead of the traditional alarm sound? Was it named Alarmer?

Had it on my iPhone 5 yesterday and man it crashed it bad.. had to uninstall it.

Ristlager

Thats a feature in iOS 6. Just select the clock -> alarm -> sound and then choose songs from library.

Edit: does not work with ringtones

Pachimari

Thats a feature in iOS 6. Just select the clock -> alarm -> sound and then choose songs from library.

Edit: does not work with ringtones
Oh wow I forgot about that. Thanks!

Doesn't matter about ringtones, I'm rocking my Metal Gear codec ringtone already. ^_^

Full Force is now out for iPhone.

Btw, I thought I could download YouTube videoes with Safari Download Manager?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is the jailbroken iMAME better than Gridlee in any meaningful way? GUI, performance?

Has the bug with the layout a stick becoming huge in fullscreen portrait mode been fixed?

Red

I need to figure out what's causing these random springboard crashes. Sometimes when I hit the home button everything completely dies.

Using the biteSMS trial. Useful, but kind of ugly.

So I am running following apps with success on an iPhone 5

Auxo
hooks law
intelliscreen x
zephyr
dashboard x
activator
folder enhancer
winterboard

I love these, kind of changed the entire phone for me!

gAg CruSh3r

Hey quick question. Is there a safe untether jailbreak for iOS 6.0 for iPhone 5? Or should I update to current iOS and jailbreak then?

taylor910

I'm currently running 32 tweaks successfully on iPhone 5.

What is hooks law?

it makes everything "pop" when switching pages or opening apps. It makes things appear to load faster

edit: beat

ok well I'll answer pandora then. I believe 2 or 3 pages back someone posted a link and said it was a weather fix. I did not try it though.

Kunohara

cydia is much more stable now. got most of my tweaks back as well. still missing a few tweaks but i hope they will be updated.

repos i used - rpetri.ch/repo/ and hitoriblog.com/apt/

antitint - made the statusbar black permanently instead of changing color.
appinfo - handy for figuring out icons for theming.
callbar - lets me answer calls without interrupting what im doing.
color profiles - my screen has a yellow tint so this lets me adjust the temp of the display.
fastblurrednotificationcenter - makes the notification center much better looking.
ifile - access to the entire file system.
infinidock - can have as many apps/folders in the dock as i want (paging set to on).
infinifolders - lets me have more than 12 apps in a folder (paging set to on).
mapsopener - opens map links in the new google apps map.
ncsettings - quick on/off toggles for things like wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, and more.
nonewsisgoodnews - gets rid of newsstand and brings out all of the stuff inside it on the homescreen now.
respringcachefix - ryan petrichs fix for the temp files being there after a respring.
software update killer - gets rid of the badge and stops the OTA update.
statusbarcustomclock4 - i want the time and date in the statusbar and this lets me do it.
swipeselection - swipe the keyboard to go backwards and forwards.
winterboard - let me use my themes - black ups darkness and ios 4.0 signal bars.
zephyr - just got this a few minutes ago. i want to use my home button less and this is the way to do it, plus its awesome swiping away apps.

I heard about respringcachefix but I'm not able to find it. How did you add it?

Also, enzo_gt, please tell me what icon set that is, cause it is really nice.

Mr. Hyde

Running Snes9x Ex+ on the iPhone 4S using the wiimote classic controller plus is kind of awesome. Runs on the newest snes9x for pc. I might need to jb the iPad 4. I can't wait to try the updated gba with my copy of mother 3.

If you are using Winterboard, it goes in var/stash/themes.xxxxxx/theme/folders/Springboard.app and it is named FolderSwitcherBG-568h~iphone for the iphone 5.

If you are not using Winterboard, it goes in System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app

It should look something like this when you are done.
B52F27A6-B9B4-4E58-9B1C-AC5995F03B36-375-00000001149234A0.jpg

I'm using WinterBoard and I found /var/stash/theme/MYTHEME/bundle/com.apple.springboard/

I tried using your image name but it doesnt seem to be working. ;/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, there's a Cydia app called NoStoreBUtton which removes the store button in the Music app. Probably the best tweak I have, it's might annoying if your tapping the back button quickly to get out of submenus.

I heard about respringcachefix but I'm not able to find it. How did you add it?

Also, enzo_gt, please tell me what icon set that is, cause it is really nice.
The icon set is Glasklart HD, one of the most famous and most well supported by the community, much less work creating custom icons yourself, and even doing that isn't very hard.

Official release here.
Custom icon database. The link there will automatically generate an up-to-date file with every icon thus far. Also tutorial there if you need to make custom icons.

Also, there's a Cydia app called NoStoreBUtton which removes the store button in the Music app. Probably the best tweak I have, it's might annoying if your tapping the back button quickly to get out of submenus.

The icon set is Glasklart HD, one of the most famous and most well supported by the community, much less work creating custom icons yourself, and even doing that isn't very hard.

Official release here.
Custom icon database. The link there will automatically generate an up-to-date file with every icon thus far. Also tutorial there if you need to make custom icons.

Hey enzo would you mind sharing how you got your lockscreen to be almost empty, looks great.

How well does Frash work on a jailbroken iPhone 4? I've been wanting to watch certain kinds of flash video on my smartphone for awhile and have been considering buying a Nexus 4 to do that. However if I can jailbreak my iPhone 4 to do that than all the better.

Does the iPhone 4 have too little Ram for a flash video that goes on for about 40 minutes? Does it drain the battery crazy fast?

Just use Puffin, its incredible.

Running Snes9x Ex+ on the iPhone 4S using the wiimote classic controller plus is kind of awesome. Runs on the newest snes9x for pc. I might need to jb the iPad 4. I can't wait to try the updated gba with my copy of mother 3.

How is the performance for something like Super Metroid?

Any good jailbreak apps for iPad? IPhone has a bunch for messaging, which are the best, but iPad doesn't give more need for it. Apart from SBSettings, of course.

Mr. Hyde

Just use Puffin, its incredible.

How is the performance for something like Super Metroid?

Good question. I will let you know when I get home from work. I assume it runs fine due to how optimized it is. They say it runs most mode 7 games smoothly. It is a very updated emu for the newest iPhone and iPad models.

Top Bottom