• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Can someone recommend a theme or app that will display the weekly (and possibly current) weather on the lockscreen.

I know LockInfo and Intelliscreen will do it but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on those.

N916HLH.png

Cydia is being weird today and loading up super small on my iPad.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone that has used TetherMe with AT&T get warnings from them?
Seems so from looking online.

I just want to tether every once in a while, I'm not on the Unlimited data plan anymore either.

undecided

I think I am already going to revert back to stock iOS.. the quality of the software packages is just too low, having things crash on my phone is not going to fly.

Anyone that has used TetherMe with AT&T get warnings from them?
Seems so from looking online.

I just want to tether every once in a while, I'm not on the Unlimited data plan anymore either.

If you're not on the Unlimited plan can't you just use the built in iPhone tethering?

As for the warnings I've seen a ton of stories online about people getting warnings or even switched to different plans based on their usage. I haven't received a warning yet but I'm pretty careful about limiting how much I use it and what I'm downloading when I use it.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Hey guys,

will spoofing my location enable me to get push notifications again while still being in Germany? Push has been disabled by Apple in Germany over a year ago as some of you might know.

What's a good/free location spoofer? don't want to pay money not knowing if it would work - thx.

Enzom21

I got the theme, thanks! Yeah I'm using an iPhone 5.
Here is the orignal file sans the @ The location you described should be correct. You can also try the location I described earlier.
FolderSwitcherBG-568h2xiphone.png

What theme are we talking about?
The SimplScreen theme that I edited.

If you're not on the Unlimited plan can't you just use the built in iPhone tethering?

Nope, you have to pay extra to use your data however you want.

Hela

So it seems that folderenhancer was the culprit of my black screen problem from few pages ago. After uninstalling it everything works as it should. Will wait for the next version to try it again.

pacman85

Nope, you have to pay extra to use your data however you want.
Yep and not just a little bit extra. We are talking $20 extra PER MONTH to "enable" tethering on your phone no matter what data plan you have for AT&T. It's just a matter of is it worth POSSIBLY getting caught and losing my unlimited plan for me. That's the only thing holding me back from dropping $5 on TetherMe.

Pachimari

I already have tethering but if I have TetherMe can I use my iPhone as a hotspot for my MacBook Air to connect to when I'm on the train?

Kunohara

Also, there's a Cydia app called NoStoreBUtton which removes the store button in the Music app. Probably the best tweak I have, it's might annoying if your tapping the back button quickly to get out of submenus.

The icon set is Glasklart HD, one of the most famous and most well supported by the community, much less work creating custom icons yourself, and even doing that isn't very hard.

Official release here.
Custom icon database. The link there will automatically generate an up-to-date file with every icon thus far. Also tutorial there if you need to make custom icons.

Thanks alot man.

tm24

Ok, i know the podcast button was still in the music app yesterday after Jbing and now its gone. Any ideas of what happened?

Double D

Trying to use custom lock screens but I can't figure out how to make the default one go away. I've downloaded a couple of things that I would think should do the trick but nothing seems to work. Help a brother out.

pacman85

Really? I could've sworn I read something about AT&T changing all of it's iPhone plans, except for unlimited, to DataConnect or whatever they call it that enables tethering.
I was curious about this so I did a bit more research to make sure I wasn't giving out outdated information. It appears that tethering is allowed for free on their Mobile Share Data Plans. It says in the terms of those plans:

Tethering and/or mobile hotspot use is permitted with Mobile Share plans with capable Designated Devices; provided, however, that such use is limited to a maximum of five (5) simultaneous users per Device.

However on the individual plans the only mention of tethering is this in the fine print:

1 5GB data plan is required to enable Mobile Hotspot or tethering.

So, it actually doesn't mention the $20 on there anymore but I am pretty sure they are trying to bury that fee in as small fine print as possible because of how stupid it is on some page on their website that I can't find right now. And I like that you can only get tethering on the $50/month 5GB individual data plan. You figure they would want to "allow" you to pay the $20/month extra on any data plan, especially the lowest tiered as you would run out of data faster and they could hit with all kinds of fees/penalties.

PS. I am getting all this from here: www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

pacman85

I already have tethering but if I have TetherMe can I use my iPhone as a hotspot for my MacBook Air to connect to when I'm on the train?
Why can't you currently do that if you already have and pay for tethering? From what I have researched, all TetherMe does is just allow you to enable the default Mobile Hotspot/Tethering option in the Settings on your phone.

Pachimari

Why can't you currently do that if you already have and pay for tethering? From what I have researched, all TetherMe does is just allow you to enable the default Mobile Hotspot/Tethering option in the Settings on your phone.
Oh, I'm gonna try out my carriers tethering tomorrow then.

Just purchased this theme from Cydia. It's called Carla. A little feminine but I love it. It's gorgeous.

I just have to figure out how to change the lockscreen temperateure to Fahrenheit.
Does it change ALL icons for that theme?

Is anyone experiencing a bug with Auxo where their brightness is slowly being turned all the way down? And also is anyone's music app crashing on launch? Playing music through the multitasking tray works fine but when I launch the app it crashes.

Okay, I have to access some files from the theme I downloaded to change the lockscreen temp from Celcius to F. What is the easiest way to do that? I haven't done this in years. Is it still SSH to the phone and navigate to the folder and change the file?

Enzom21

What does everyone think about us starting a theme thread? Make it something similar to what was at Macthemes.net, where we can post our themes and icon requests.

Thanks a lot for the replies, enzo and skeezer!

So this is my current set up. First two wallpapers do a pretty good job of hiding that annoying slider line.

I think I'm satisfied with what I have now in terms of JB apps and aesthetic tweaks.
Time to start my readings.

enzo, here is the SimplScreen with translucent statusbar
http://www.mediafire.com/?93q1x052cqqr5n3
71677768-43D1-4C7B-AA46-A3BA9E93BF23-2265-0000004D2C957257.jpg

Here is the Touchit theme that works with 6.1.
http://www.mediafire.com/?l1815cscu22pm7w

I'm using Typophone Weather and like others, my missed calls and other notifications don't show up on lockscreen anymore.

I noticed LockInfo 5 is on sale right now. Is it worth getting it, or will it clash with Typophone Weather?

Alternatively I could get Bulletin to enable NC from the lockscreen...

Edit: I tried LockInfo and I can confirm that it doesn't display as long as Typophone Weather is enabled

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Mr. Hyde

I'm using Typophone Weather and like others, my missed calls and other notifications don't show up on lockscreen anymore.

I noticed LockInfo 5 is on sale right now. Is it worth getting it, or will it clash with Typophone Weather?

Alternatively I could get Bulletin to enable NC from the lockscreen...

I am having the same issue with Typophone Weather. Your questions are mine, too.

Ashhong

Is anyone experiencing a bug with Auxo where their brightness is slowly being turned all the way down? And also is anyone's music app crashing on launch? Playing music through the multitasking tray works fine but when I launch the app it crashes.

I get that if I use Auxo to respring. The screen comes back with brightness all the way. Turning screen off and on fixes it though.

Is the weather app fixed for everyone? I did the update but mines still busted. I also don't see that ui program thing in my packages. iPhone 5 here

I get that if I use Auxo to respring. The screen comes back with brightness all the way. Turning screen off and on fixes it though.

Is the weather app fixed for everyone? I did the update but mines still busted. I also don't see that ui program thing in my packages. iPhone 5 here

Uninstall AppSync, according to Planetbeing that's what stops the fix from working. If you don't have AppSync then send him SysLogs and/or make sure UIKits update is actually installed.

Ashhong

Uninstall AppSync, according to Planetbeing that's what stops the fix from working. If you don't have AppSync then send him SysLogs and/or make sure UIKits update is actually installed.

Can I reinstall appsync after? And should I somehow update again? Ill try it now

Pachimari

What does everyone think about us starting a theme thread? Make it something similar to what was at Macthemes.net, where we can post our themes and icon requests.

enzo, here is the SimplScreen with translucent statusbar
71677768-43D1-4C7B-AA46-A3BA9E93BF23-2265-0000004D2C957257.jpg

Here is the Touchit theme that works with 6.1.
I would like a separate thread for themes and how to do it.

How do you get those themes on your phone? SHSH?

Guys, I promised to jailbreak my parents iPhone 4 and 4S tonight - do you have links? The evasi0n.com one is down and I also need to get to bed as I'm gonna wake up early for school.

EDIT:
Found one.

Top Bottom