• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Anyone familiar with editing carrier bundles? Want to modify mine to enable LTE (my carrier is for some reason not certified by Apple for the iPhone, but LTE iPads work fine).

plainr_

could you elaborate on this?

Basically, you don't want to overdo it.

-Avoid installing tweaks in alpha/beta form.
-Avoid installing tweaks from untrusted sources.
-Don't add sources you see on youtube. lol
-Don't install two of the same tweaks. They might conflict with one another.
-Don't go crazy with animated themes.
-Don't install old tweaks from previous iOS versions.

Accident

I'm glad that I'm able to hipsterize my phone again.
I don't think there is currently a way to get rid of the grey line at the bottom.

tDaudLl.png

My maps, mail, camera, and photo app icons aren't being changed when I select a theme. It is happening with multiple themes. Anyone know how I can fix this?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
My maps, mail, camera, and photo app icons aren't being changed when I select a theme. It is happening with multiple themes. Anyone know how I can fix this?
Have you tried setting the theme at the very top of your winterboard list? It's loaded based on priority.

Mr. Hyde

I am liking the jailbreak on my Iphone 4S but I haven't decided if it's worth doing it on my Ipad 4 yet. I am sure I will find a reason to cave soon enough.

The themes probably need to be updated. The way they work is they match an icon with a certain name the application has (like com.apple.bullshitgoeshere) and sometimes Apple change those strings.

neemmss

I keep getting a 3014 error when trying to update my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 jailbreak to 6.1. Anyone got a solution for this? I already tried what the apple faq told me to do and it didn't work.

Enzom21

I keep getting a 3014 error when trying to update my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 jailbreak to 6.1. Anyone got a solution for this? I already tried what the apple faq told me to do and it didn't work.
You're currently jailbroken? If you are, you need to restore not update.

To update your theme yourself you can use iFile or iExplorer and change the file names in:

/var/stash/Themes***/****/Bundles/

****** = your theme name

Mail
Folder: com.apple.mobilemail
Icon Name: Icon@2x.png

Maps:
Folder: com.apple.Maps
Icon Name: Icon-57@2x.png

Camera
Folder: com.apple.camera
Icon Name: Camera@2x~iphone.png

Photo
Folder: com.apple.mobileslideshow
Icon Name: Photos@2x~iphone.png

I think I know the answer (no) but is there a tweak to have Safari display desktop versions of web pages by switching the user agent? Preferably with a toggle.

Paradicia

My current lockscreen after not being able to fix the grey bar.

hj2xZb6.png

Undecided whether or not to translate the dark theme to the homescreen. Haven't really messed around with new icon packages so I don't wanna do any drastic changes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can't really think of any downsides to jailbreaking.

You might run into some unstable tweaks that could crash your phone. But it's not anything serious since the phone just resprings itselfs back to normal. Just be careful with what you install and you should be fine.

Also if and when you go to service your iPhone/iPad at the Apple Store, just remember to restore the device back to a clean state in iTunes. They won't detect a thing.

When/if you have to restore your phone to get rid of jailbreak stuff, are you able to restore your old data as well, or is it not possible cause the backup was created while jailbroken? I think when I did jailbreaking on my iPod Touch in the past, I still had some elements of jailbreaking in my backup even though I was getting rid of it

Want to jailbreak but I'm kinda nervous since I value my phone being functional

Here's a newb question:

I jailbroke my phone today (super easy), but now my enterprise app for work is saying that it won't work on jailbroken devices.

Is there a way to un-jailbreak without having to do a fresh install?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When/if you have to restore your phone to get rid of jailbreak stuff, are you able to restore your old data as well, or is it not possible cause the backup was created while jailbroken? I think when I did jailbreaking on my iPod Touch in the past, I still had some elements of jailbreaking in my backup even though I was getting rid of it

At most, if you have way too much shit on your phone, it will crash, but then MobileSubstrate will save your ass and respring it in a safe mode. Jailbreaks only add functionality, and now that the phones are a lot more powerful than they were years ago with much more RAM and battery life, there are less chances of that happening really. Tethered jailbreaks are pretty much the only thing to avoid, otherwise I've never really had my phone let me down when it was jailbroken and has only really added to my experience.

Espresso

Banned
Here's a newb question:

I jailbroke my phone today (super easy), but now my enterprise app for work is saying that it won't work on jailbroken devices.

Is there a way to un-jailbreak without having to do a fresh install?
http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/xcon-v20-cydia-tweak-update/

Luckily however, as Jailbreaking is all about innovation, there is a Cydia tweak available called xCon that will patch these applications so that they can still run on Jailbroken iOS devices.

This might help.

Higgy

Anyone else getting errors when downloading tweaks? I can't even get sbs settings or the autocorrect to download without errors.

plainr_

Yes, you can restore a backup from a jailbroken phone to one that is not. I've done it several times.

Some elements that might carry over are tweaks like Carrier name change. If you clear that prior to backing up you should not have any traces after a restore.

amrod

How long should this take on a Ipad 3... Mine seems stuck on

Injecting Stage 2 Jailbreak data (step 1/3) ...

Been on it for probably 20min so far

My current lockscreen after not being able to fix the grey bar.

hj2xZb6.png

Undecided whether or not to translate the dark theme to the homescreen. Haven't really messed around with new icon packages so I don't wanna do any drastic changes.
I have always wanted one of those physical clocks. Where can I find that lockscreen/theme?

Red

I like how it's shaping up.

Couple problems though: springboard crashes if I get my unlock password wrong, and sometimes I'll get stuck at a black screen while switching apps. I have to lock and then unlock the phone to get things working again. Not sure what the cause is.

The lag weirdness that happened last night with f.lux seems to be gone now, so that's good. Still, a couple of these cydia apps seem kind of crash-happy.

Best tweaks so far are swipeselection and f.lux. DietBar and Webscrollian are good, too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ugh, I'm trying to make this custom icon, but for some reason it won't change. The others I have done have worked though. What am I doing wrong?

- The icon is saved for web format, filename is exactly Icon@2x.png (optimized for Retina name)
- The Bundle ID is accurate according to the info.plist and AppInfo (com.softwareline.youtubealternative for McTube)
- The icon is the correct dimensions (114x114)

For some reason it's icon won't show up in AppInfo though, but I don't know what that'd infer since it already has an icon on the springboard and other apps like Google Maps are like that in AppInfo too.

Anyone else getting errors when downloading tweaks? I can't even get sbs settings or the autocorrect to download without errors.
Was getting issues about 15-30 mins ago, trying to download AppInfo. But now it's all good again.

asdad123

Im having a problem with bitesms. I have my phone synced with Facebook pictures as contact pictures, and then bitesms to show contact pictures. Some peoples pictures show up in bitesms, while others don't. The pictures show up fine under the contact, but then nothing on bitesms.

Any ideas?

TheContact

Does anyone know a good lockscreen theme?

I would recommend Typophone Weather from Cydia then go to the Apple App store and download Typophone Clock (the app from the App store is basically the Settings for the Cydia app)

There's a couple different Themes so it can look different, and you can add your own background. Mine looks like this:

One thing I've noticed since updating to ios6 is that my message notifications weren't appearing on my lock screen, but getting BiteSMS fixed that. That's a great app to have anyway.

Ugh, I'm trying to make this custom icon, but for some reason it won't change. The others I have done have worked though. What am I doing wrong?

- The icon is saved for web format, filename is exactly Icon@2x.png (optimized for Retina name)
- The Bundle ID is accurate according to the info.plist and AppInfo (com.softwareline.youtubealternative for McTube)
- The icon is the correct dimensions (114x114)

For some reason it's icon won't show up in AppInfo though, but I don't know what that'd infer since it already has an icon on the springboard and other apps like Google Maps are like that in AppInfo too.

Was getting issues about 15-30 mins ago, trying to download AppInfo. But now it's all good again.

Rename folder: com.softwareline.youtubealternative
Or
com.softwareline.youtubealternativepro for pro version.
Rename icon: app_icon@2x.png

Is there a way to change where a third party podcast app saves podcasts? I'm wondering because I'd like to use something besides the Apple podcast app, but would like to retain Siri being able to play podcasts by name. I assume the only way to do that would be to somehow change the save location for podcasts in a 3rd party app to the same location that the Apple app would save them.

Top Bottom