• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

anyone know how to get rid of that top bar with the carrier and clock etc on the lock screen with springtomize 2?

I set the "Hide top bar" to NO on lockscreen in springtomize 2 and respringed but that top bar is still there on the lock screen.

I want everything at the top gone while I am on the lock screen

Shaneus

Thankfully, Springtomize has been updated so that the time/RAM thing works. It also looks like it's fixed a few crashes of which I had no idea of the origin. Nice.

Thankfully, Springtomize has been updated so that the time/RAM thing works. It also looks like it's fixed a few crashes of which I had no idea of the origin. Nice.

I am not getting Springtomize to work on mine, I have set to show top bar on lockscreen to NO and it is still there.

I just tried it and it got rid of the clock portion of the screen. Was that what you were trying to do?

I want the entire top bar to dissapear completely from the lockscreen. I am using a custome lockscreen theme and it already has a clock on the theme...so all that stuff at the top black bar is just making the lockscreen theme look like ass :)

Shaneus

I am not getting Springtomize to work on mine, I have set to show top bar on lockscreen to NO and it is still there.
That's probably it. Have you upgraded in the last, um, 6 hours or so I guess? Check Cydia, you'll probably find an upgrade there.

Although having said that, I've just resprung (resprang?) and while it managed to hide my alarm and lock icons, it still doesn't display the time/free RAM at all... there's no time or free RAM or anything. Icons I do want there, battery etc... but no time/RAM :/

Even if I leave all status bar icons on and just change the time to time/RAM... still doesn't work. Fuck.

That's probably it. Have you upgraded in the last, um, 6 hours or so I guess? Check Cydia, you'll probably find an upgrade there.

Although having said that, I've just resprung (resprang?) and while it managed to hide my alarm and lock icons, it still doesn't display the time/free RAM at all... there's no time or free RAM or anything. Icons I do want there, battery etc... but no time/RAM :/

I just downloaded springtomize like 30 minutes ago. I have a feeling it is not really working 100%

Shaneus

are you also experiencing that the brightness of the screen drops all the way down to the lowest setting when you respring after changing a setting in springtomize?
Fuck, is it Springtomize doing that? That would explain SO FUCKING MUCH.

I thought it might've just been a weird jailbreak thing with iOS 6 so I just put up with it. But if it's Springtomize, that'd make more sense.

are you also experiencing that the brightness of the screen drops all the way down to the lowest setting when you respring after changing a setting in springtomize?

Yeah but I didn't think much of it, I just assumed it was one of those quirks that come with jailbreaking.

I thought it might've just been a weird jailbreak thing with iOS 6 so I just put up with it. But if it's Springtomize, that'd make more sense.

I experienced this before I uninstalled Springtomize the day after the jailbreak came out and experienced this, and so I deleted it as it was not optimized for iphone 5 yet. now when I heard they updated it I downloaded it again and lo and behold, the same issue is there again....

So its springtomize that keeps dropping the brightness setting for some reason when you respring. WIll uninstall it again and wait for a proper updated version of it.

Ashhong

I have this issue and I don't use Springtomize though. I think mine is because of Auxo. Turning off the screen and back on fixes it for me. The brightness slider is on the same spot, but its just the screen thats dim somehow

I have this issue and I don't use Springtomize though. I think mine is because of Auxo. Turning off the screen and back on fixes it for me. The brightness slider is on the same spot, but its just the screen thats dim somehow

I am only getting this from the respring of SPringtomize 2, I have auxo installed as well and never experienced an issue with that.

Shaneus

I've found problems with Auxo as well. Particularly with auto brightness (I think) via the regular Apple settings menu... I'll increase the brightness with auto brightness on, and it'll over-adjust the brightness itself.

I've seen a crash or two with Auxo as well, where I'll double-click and it'll just restart. I guess these are things that just need ironing out, but I don't remember having this many bugs with different apps when the 5.1 jailbreak came out :/

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is the jailbroken iMAME better than Gridlee in any meaningful way? GUI, performance?

Has the bug with the layout a stick becoming huge in fullscreen portrait mode been fixed?
Answering my own question that bug doesn't seem to exist on either of Valdeita's MAME releases but on the other hand the Reloaded one which is the one based on the same MAME version as Gridlee (the other one is based on an older version of MAME that performs better but of course has lesser compatibility) lacks at least one feature that has, the "auto" setting for what buttons display on screen which I quite like (even though it isn't 100% accurate since some games still have non functional buttons register). Of course, both the bug and the feature are irrelevant if you're only using it with iCade anyway.

Pachimari

Is there a tweak that let's me download YouTube videos?

And why don't the BigBoss tweaks upgrades say what's new in the new versions? Like CallBar and Zephyr just got updates but it doesn't say what the updates do.

anyone else having issues with usage/standby times being blank when checking? Its off a full charge and this has happened a few times now after installing the jailbreak

123rl

So I've downloaded a few themes that I like but it has disabled lock screen notifications. Any suggestions?

Quoting my problem again but has anyone with an iPhone 5 been able to use a custom lock screen and still receive lock notifications?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Quoting my problem again but has anyone with an iPhone 5 been able to use a custom lock screen and still receive lock notifications?
Nope. It's a known winterboard issue. Once a fix is found, there should be a fix for winterboard through cydia.

pacman85

I see you guys are having problems with the brightness going all the way down to the lowest setting but has anyone experienced issues with the Auto-Brightness not working as well? I don't have Springtomize so I know it's not that. I do have Auxo and have experienced the same issue you guys are having as well as the Auto-Brightness not making the screen dimmer when I am in a dark room. It is quite annoying as I used my phone when I got up this morning in my dark room and it was incredibly bright. Could it be something related to f.lux? Thanks!

harSon

Banned
I think I'm going to have to rejail break. I keep getting a lot of errors when I try to download stuff from Cydia :(

So far, jailbreaking my iPad was worth it for the ability to swipe select alone. It's so much more intuitive and accurate than the magnifying glass.

Enzom21

So Macthemes is back up.
Large resource for themes and lockscreens. Hopefully most of the original contributors return.

I think I'm going to have to rejail break. I keep getting a lot of errors when I try to download stuff from Cydia :(

So far, jailbreaking my iPad was worth it for the ability to swipe select alone. It's so much more intuitive and accurate than the magnifying glass.
What kind of errors?

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

I think that's just happening because of the load of people on cydia right now. You have to try downloading things a bunch of times before it goes through. To make it easier download each component you need before downloading the actual tweak/app.

belvedere

Junior Butler
gclKM4W.png

Ok, what tool was used to get the awesome storm trooper in the status bar?

harSon

Banned
I think that's just happening because of the load of people on cydia right now. You have to try downloading things a bunch of times before it goes through. To make it easier download each component you need before downloading the actual tweak/app.

I've been trying to download Widgets for Dashboard X for the longest :|

TheContact

Damn the PSX emulator is still garbage. It's depressing because I just put FF7 on my friend's Galaxy Note 2 and it runs and looks amazing. PSX4ALL on my iphone 4s STILL has black jaggy screen tearing lines every time there's movement and runs even slower than it did on my 3GS. I thought by now ZODTTD would have either fixed PSX4ALL or someone would have made a new emulator. Why is the Android one so much better?

At least the gameboy advance emulator is working good. The only problem with THAT one is that it doesn't multi-task, and even trying to force it with things like GoNative doesn't work. Does anyone know another way to make it run multi tasking?

LegoDad

So I went to go jailbreak yesterday and none of my computers recognize my iphone 4s. My main computer nothing shows up, on secondary laptops, i get an unrecognized device.. all have itunes, does the same in recovery mode and DFU mode...

Any suggestions?

I reinstalled Itunes, restarted computer, uninstalled USB ports, etc.

So I went to go jailbreak yesterday and none of my computers recognize my iphone 4s. My main computer nothing shows up, on secondary laptops, i get an unrecognized device.. all have itunes, does the same in recovery mode and DFU mode...

Any suggestions?

Evasi0n doesn't recognize the phone or the computer doesn't?

TheContact

Any suggestions?

Are you able to get into your pictures at least? Like does it open from My Computer?

The computer, which doesn't let Itunes let me restore or anything.

Doesn't even pull it up as a camera, and let me pull pics...

Edit: Ah, that is weird. As a last resort I would try backing up all (or most) of your data to iCloud then trying a setting reset

123rl

The only app that doesn't really work for me is the Game loyalty app. Army Of Darkness worked well but it just moves the game window so it's useless there. I used it for 5 On Demand though and it can play videos in widescreen now. I'm damn impressed that it worked so well with that one

Red

No more crashes for me after downloading a couple of updates this morning. Hopefully I've seen the last of them.

Quick

Banned
Is there a tweak that would allow Tweetbot to launch when opening Twitter links instead of a new Safari tab or the Twitter app (if installed)?

Pachimari

Which tweaks are you guys using for your iPads?

I'm thinking of:
- NowNow
- Auxo
- NCSettings
- BlurriedNCSettings (or what it's named)
- a App lock tweak (you know of any?)
- And wasn't there a tweak for multiple log ins to the iPad?

Top Bottom