• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Pachimari

Check out MountainLionCenter. Changes the way Notification Center appears in iOS to how it does on OS X.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/06/04/mountainlioncenter/

MountainLionCenter-02.jpeg
Oh wow that would be preferable. I'll jailbreak my Mini right away.

Phew, yesterday I jailbroke an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. Today I'll jailbreak an iPhone 4, iPad Mini and Apple TV 2.

Quick

Banned
Has anyone been able to try out Flex? Just saw an iDownload Blog video about it, and thought it looks really awesome. It's $3.99 on Cydia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-dICc0i0o

It interests me because I've always wanted to make my own tweaks/patches. My concern is if it's really that deep of a tool that really lets me tinker with some apps.

Enzom21

Oh wow that would be preferable. I'll jailbreak my Mini right away.

Phew, yesterday I jailbroke an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. Today I'll jailbreak an iPhone 4, iPad Mini and Apple TV 2.

I would hold off on updating and jailbreaking your appletv 2.
Plex and XBMC need to be updated to work with 5.2 and without those two things it would be pointless to jailbreak.

Damn the PSX emulator is still garbage. It's depressing because I just put FF7 on my friend's Galaxy Note 2 and it runs and looks amazing. PSX4ALL on my iphone 4s STILL has black jaggy screen tearing lines every time there's movement and runs even slower than it did on my 3GS. I thought by now ZODTTD would have either fixed PSX4ALL or someone would have made a new emulator. Why is the Android one so much better?

At least the gameboy advance emulator is working good. The only problem with THAT one is that it doesn't multi-task, and even trying to force it with things like GoNative doesn't work. Does anyone know another way to make it run multi tasking?
All android emulators are better than any on iOS from what I've played.

Shaneus

There is a significant drop since the jailbreak. And I'm only running 3 active tweaks.
I'm running far more, but I've definitely noticed a significant drop in battery. The only thing I can think of that I'm running now that I wasn't on 5.1 that could affect the battery is Auxo. I might do a little hunting around to see if I can find any more info on it.

Mr. Hyde

Damn the PSX emulator is still garbage. It's depressing because I just put FF7 on my friend's Galaxy Note 2 and it runs and looks amazing. PSX4ALL on my iphone 4s STILL has black jaggy screen tearing lines every time there's movement and runs even slower than it did on my 3GS. I thought by now ZODTTD would have either fixed PSX4ALL or someone would have made a new emulator. Why is the Android one so much better?

At least the gameboy advance emulator is working good. The only problem with THAT one is that it doesn't multi-task, and even trying to force it with things like GoNative doesn't work. Does anyone know another way to make it run multi tasking?

I haven't tried the gba yet but the new version of gpsphone should be out in a few days, or so says the guys twitter. Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

Red

My battery is fine. It might be a little worse, but if so it is hardly noticeable. Got about 8 hours of music played on it yesterday, still had a couple drops left in the tank.

Carlisle

I don't think it's caused by your previous libweather installation, but there's a fix to stop the app from crashing:

http://www.cultofmac.com/214783/cyd...x-ios-6-weather-app-bug-in-evasi0n-jailbreak/

Amazing! Thank you, that worked great. Weather app stopped crashing. I still have that annoying temperature badge stuck on the icon though. I thought libweather had its own settings management section in the settings app, but it's not there anymore. That's how to turn the badge on and off, if I recall. Unless there's a different tweak for that, but I'm positive it was all under libweather.

taylor910

I'm glad that I'm able to hipsterize my phone again.
I don't think there is currently a way to get rid of the grey line at the bottom.

tDaudLl.png

Does anyone know what this lock screen theme is? 3 or 4 ppl asked and I just scanned through the last 4 pages and didn't see an answer, thanks

Red

Auxo now I think.
Auxo is great. Two small problems I've noticed: little bit of lag between double tapping and having it pop up, and sometimes it forgets what state your apps were in and displays a default background or splash screen. Outside of that, it's very slick.

TheContact

Does anyone know what this lock screen theme is? 3 or 4 ppl asked and I just scanned through the last 4 pages and didn't see an answer, thanks

I believe that's Typophone weather with a modified theme, but I could be wrong.

Get Typophone weather from Cydia
Then go to the Official App store and download Typophone Clock (or something)
It's a dollar, and it allows you to change the settings of Typohphone Weather without having to go to iFile and stuff, plus it has some other cool features like different themes, which I assume he's using.

That's just my opinion anyway. I quoted my Typophone Weather lockscreen in one of the previous pages here with a custom wallpaper, but standard theme.

Anyway, you'll need to enable Typophone weather via Winterboard to actually use it as a lockscreen though

knitoe

can someone post the link to how to fix the ios weather app after jailbreaking please?

This worked for me.

Guide:
1) Install iFile in cydia or use any filesystem manager for your idevice.
2) Navigate to \private\var\mobile\Library\Caches
3) Delete com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
4) iFile may unexpectedly quit but reopen iFile
4) Delete com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
5) Reboot
6) You may notice some app icons on your springboard is gone
7) Wait patiently:) and the app icons will gradually reappear.
8) Try opening the weather app.

Pachimari

Auxo is great. Two small problems I've noticed: little bit of lag between double tapping and having it pop up, and sometimes it forgets what state your apps were in and displays a default background or splash screen. Outside of that, it's very slick.
Well I'm not double clicking. I'm using Zephyr so it's perfect with no lag. :) gotta keep an eye on the other problem though.

Tain

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to all of this.

Are there any decent free emulators I can use with my newly-jailbroken iPhone 5? Cydia showed me a few but the only free one I found was MAME, which is covered by Gridlee. I'm not really sure what an installation process outside of Cydia would be, either.

Auxo now I think.
Thanks but even though its a great tweak I don't want it to do all that. I'd also rather it be free instead of paid. I'm gonna be using NCSettings for the wifi/bluetooth/etc and I want a multi task tweak that shows a big preview on the full screen and does only that.

Card Switcher seems to do that very well but it looks like it's an older tweak which is why I wondered if there was a newer tweak with the same functionality.

Pachimari

Thanks but even though its a great tweak I don't want it to do all that. I'm gonna use NCSettings for the wifi/bluetooth/etc and I want a multi task tweak that shows a big preview on the full screen and does only that.

Card Switcher seems to do that very well but it looks like it's an older tweak which is why I wondered if there was a newer tweak with the same functionality.
I think Aero but it only shows the app icon.

Well, you can off the toggles in Auxo. I'm using it with NCSettings.

Maybe someone else know about a newer tweak.

Plasmid

I have an 4S and i'm wanting to get some more tweaks other than what's been mentioned. Are there any lists or sites that may have them?

Shaneus

Oh man, my thing's crashing like Romain Grosjean. No idea why... I suspect maybe Springtomize still isn't working 100% yet.

Guess I have to go through and remove pretty much everything and put it all back on one-by-one :/

Quick

Banned
The only thing you need to do that involves some effort is pressing the Evasi0n icon on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.

No, I played with JB before, does all of the apps come from cydia?

Yes. Repositories are loaded into it, and you can add other ones, as well. There are a couple given out here.

plainr_

For this you need three things:

-TypoClock Builder
-Lockscreen Clock Hide
-Clock Builder from the AppStore (99 cents).

Be warned though, as of right now you can't see any notifications on the lockscreen. It's a bug and who knows when they'll be updating this.

Shaneus

Okay, found the culprit... it was CyDelete :/ Even had a warning on it's Cydia page, but I had no idea because it was auto-installed by PkgBackup. Damn.

All good now though!

Top Bottom