• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

iLLmAtlc

I wonder how many people realize that Auxo was literally born on NeoGAF, haha. (see the screenshots in Cydia, GAF webapp icon on the springboard :p)

Wouldn't mind giving away several copies to some fellow gaffers! Just quote this with your Cydia # and I'll shoot over a copy.

That's awesome that you're doing this and I'd love to try it, thanks!

Mortalias

Neo Member
While I'm at it, I'll post my LS and HS for fun.

IMG_1942_zps5c665529.png

IMG_1943_zpse2278caa.png

Any apps on Cydia (FREE) that are must haves? The OP is kind of outdated.

I didn't know so many apps were paid apps. :/

Any good free emulator for GBA?

Ashhong

I wonder how many people realize that Auxo was literally born on NeoGAF, haha. (see the screenshots in Cydia, GAF webapp icon on the springboard :p)

Wouldn't mind giving away several copies to some fellow gaffers! Just quote this with your Cydia # and I'll shoot over a copy.

I don't suppose ur still giving out copies :( #5553682 if u are...

Wow thanks! Cydia #5662808

andycapps

Any apps on Cydia (FREE) that are must haves? The OP is kind of outdated.

I didn't know so many apps were paid apps. :/

Any good free emulator for GBA?

I got it before Sentry was passing out codes for free, but Auxo is most definitely worth the $2. NCSettings is free and I prefer it over SBSettings. %hook's law is great.

I agree, there aren't a lot of great free apps. The best ones are for pay, and they seem to be at pretty high amounts, compared to the app store.

I would love a copy if you dont mind :)

Is it possible to turn the toggles off? I prefer toggles being in notification center

my account number is #82078

Soulstar

Here's my setup so far.

I'm mostly happy with it for now but I'm wondering if there is a way to change the font only for the locksreen. While I like the font on the lockscreen it feels too small everywhere else.

Edit:

I remember when you first posted the mock-ups and thinking I would jailbreak my iPhone if it becomes a real thing and here I am. It's a wonderful app btw.

Dunk#7

Here's my setup so far.

It is probably just part of your theme, but did you by chance add that thin slider icon separately?

I have been trying to change to a less noticeable slider like that while maintaining the rest of my lockscreen the way it is.

Also, from the way it looks it appears you were able to make a transparent status bar only on your lockscreen. I have been trying to find a way to do that. I don't want the status bar to be clear on the homescreen or in apps, but I do want it on the lockscreen.

zychi

Banned

Would love to try it!

andycapps

Since I'm having issues with handcent, could I just wipe my phone and then restore from iCloud and run the jailbreak over again? I have to reinstall everything from Cydia, but it's worth it to me to get rid of this issue.

Enzom21

Here's my setup so far.

I'm mostly happy with it for now but I'm wondering if there is a way to change the font only for the locksreen. While I like the font on the lockscreen it feels too small everywhere else.

Edit:

I remember when you first posted the mock-ups and thinking I would jailbreak my iPhone if it becomes a real thing and here I am. It's a wonderful app btw.

Here I made some quick icons to fill in some of your missing ones
Cameraalt-1.png
kobo-1.png
Kodo.png
WellsFargo.png
LastPass.png

For more icons, you can check my thread over at Macthemes http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16806094

To Change the font, you need to go into the LockBackground.html file and look for "fontstyle"

Since I'm having issues with handcent, could I just wipe my phone and then restore from iCloud and run the jailbreak over again? I have to reinstall everything from Cydia, but it's worth it to me to get rid of this issue.

Yes you could do that... couple of things though. I would backup to a compter just in case. The preferences of your jailbreak tweaks are saved in your backup, so this problem might persist.

Dunk#7

Can't you just go into Cydia from safe mode and delete that package?

The route you are talking about should work fine, but it would be a last resort. You could get Pkgbackup in Cydia if you want to make that process a little faster.

andycapps

Can't you just go into Cydia from safe mode and delete that package?

The route you are talking about should work fine, but it would be a last resort. You could get Pkgbackup in Cydia if you want to make that process a little faster.
I've deleted it already but SMS notifications are showing up under handcent category in notification pane. It's a strange issue.

Since I don't see any way around it, can I do the jailbreak while my phone is restoring via iCloud? I assume I could and that my phone would just continue downloading all the apps after the restarts.

Dunk#7

I've deleted it already but SMS notifications are showing up under handcent category in notification pane. It's a strange issue.

Since I don't see any way around it, can I do the jailbreak while my phone is restoring via iCloud? I assume I could and that my phone would just continue downloading all the apps after the restarts.

Hmm I am really not sure if that is possible. I always try to do everything by the book to avoid any problems.

What is a few minutes/hours extra if it means not bricking your phone?

georgc

Hope its not to late :) i was at work and couldnt get my number till I got home. #3467334 Thanks man.

Describe how it's being jacked up. I have no problems with Infinifolders

Sorry, just saw this. Basically most of my apps are out of their folders, and the folders have reverted to the names they had on my 4s. It's not a total deal breaker I guess, but it's annoying to even think that I'm going to have to move around a hundred plus apps just to be able to have large folders or a five icon dock.

Mortalias

Neo Member
Are you going to tell us which ones these are? Because I need them.

Homescreen is all done with Springtomize, just tweaking little things here and there. Dock is a custom file you have to SSH in.

As for the LS, it's my own made with Clock Builder app. Notifications don't come through (because of the winterboard bug), but I'm waiting for a fix. Until then, Intelliscreen serves as my response method from there.

mooooose

Jesus themes are ugly.

The best "visual" change is definitely the notification screen blurred background. Everything else is barf worthy. It all looks like geocities designed iOS

TUSR

Banned
Homescreen is all done with Springtomize, just tweaking little things here and there. Dock is a custom file you have to SSH in.

As for the LS, it's my own made with Clock Builder app. Notifications don't come through (because of the winterboard bug), but I'm waiting for a fix. Until then, Intelliscreen serves as my response method from there.

Thanks for the reply. This damn notification problem is bugging me. I had a really good LS built earlier and was playing around with iFile and got my own picture in but I couldn't handle no notifications.

I started the whole JB experience this morning. Anything you personally enjoy using?

Dunk#7

Jesus themes are ugly.

The best "visual" change is definitely the notification screen blurred background. Everything else is barf worthy. It all looks like geocities designed iOS

Haha you haven't looked long enough or searched online. You can make you phone look just about any way you desire. For a more complex conversion of your phone look and feel try Dreamboard.

I will give you that there is also a lot of crappy looking stuff listed on Cydia, but you have to wade through the crap. There are some real gems.

Oh wow, yes please! #1987612. Thank you sir!

Shaneus

Oh guys, just pony up and buy it. It's only $2!

PS. Didn't even notice, the description even says "Conceptualized & Designed by Sentry". There you go! Do you have any links/quotes or whatever from when the idea first came about? I'd love to see it's inception.

PPS. Ahaha, just noticed the NeoGAF icon <3

Also, update to Activator, Erica utils and the evasi0n (or as I like to say... avoisi0n) jailbreak. Looks like it just disables the OTA update capability.

LegoDad

Looks like HTML lockscreens have a problem with ios6 and winterboard, which is why no one is getting notifications. Saurik is looking into it.

Also what ever happened to dreamboard?

Lkr

best tether app? pdanet is free which i like, but i remember about a year ago some were more secure than others in regards to getting caught

spoon!

I'd very much like a copy please :)

best tether app? pdanet is free which i like, but i remember about a year ago some were more secure than others in regards to getting caught

TetherMe just unlocks the native tethering on the phone, and therefore the one I prefer the most. I don't know what's best for being undetectable. I think they all are in some form.

Lkr

don't know if you're still offering, but I would definitely appreciate it to give it a try and then convince my friends to buy it once they see how great it is!

zychi

Banned
Is it true that a jailbreak for Apple TV3 is coming by early March?

Yes. When Ios6 came out, the jailbreak community set a February 4th date for all devices months in advance.

They set a March 4th date for AppleTv3

Also Half Life 3's release date was released by the jailbreak community, we will have it March 5th of 2007.

KuGsj.gif

No one knows until its actually out, everything is rumors in speculation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the name of the tweak that changed what apps links are opened in? Does that mean I can make it so that the neogaf web app opens in Chrome?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do you rejailbreak? My Cydia is definitely fucked up. I literally can't download anything.
Back up your phone.
Restore via iTunes.
Jailbreak again.

Might wanna take a list down of the apps you have installed to make redownloading less of a pain.

Shaneus

You can make it so all web-based stuff opens in a specific browser. I can't remember the name of it, but if you search for Petrich on the default Cydia repo, you should find it.

How do you rejailbreak? My Cydia is definitely fucked up. I literally can't download anything.
Can't download any Cydia stuff or anything at all? I'd try booting into safe mode (power off, hold the increase volume button and keep it held) then go into Cydia and see if there's an app that might be causing trouble. Hell, I had CyDelete which caused my phone to respring into safe mode any time I deleted *anything* (legit apps or Cydia apps) from the springboard.

Kintaco

If your still giving it out! #5671514

Lkr

are there any quality free emulators out there? disappointing that gba.emu doesn't play gbc games as well

Is there a tweak out there to see what iexactly would be draining my battery? It's at 12% in about 16 hours from full charge. About 2 hours usage.

Top Bottom