• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Pachimari

While I'm at it, I'll post my LS and HS for fun.

IMG_1942_zps5c665529.png

IMG_1943_zpse2278caa.png
Can you share your background? :)

Requiem

I wonder how many people realize that Auxo was literally born on NeoGAF, haha. (see the screenshots in Cydia, GAF webapp icon on the springboard :p)

Wouldn't mind giving away several copies to some fellow gaffers! Just quote this with your Cydia # and I'll shoot over a copy.

Not sure if you're still willing to do this but my Cydia # is 5680707

Thanks!

So this is my first JB; I had no clue that there were so many paid apps and they aren't super cheap either....having a difficult time deciding what's worth my money...

Question, whats the deal with themes? How do I get them on the phone to test the ones I like? I checked MacThemes.net but I have no clue on where to start or how to even get some of those themes on my phone. Any help would be appreciated...

best tether app? pdanet is free which i like, but i remember about a year ago some were more secure than others in regards to getting caught

I forget which tethering program had that secure option but I think I remember reading that people were getting caught with that too. I've been using tethering via MyWi for a long time now and I haven't been caught yet but I'm also careful of what I'm using it for.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Anyone tried Insomnia on 6.1? I'm looking for a Backgrounder alternative to keep my apps connected longer than the annoying 10 min limit (anything else around to achieve that?).

Mortalias

Neo Member
Thanks for the reply. This damn notification problem is bugging me. I had a really good LS built earlier and was playing around with iFile and got my own picture in but I couldn't handle no notifications.

I started the whole JB experience this morning. Anything you personally enjoy using?

Agreed the notification problem bothers me too. With Intelliscreen though, you can access the Notification Center from the lock screen, and a little text bubble (along with calls, emails, etc) comes up in the status bar to let you know you have a message.

These are my favorites:
Intelliscreen X
Zephyr
Auxo (go Gaf!)
Barrel
Springtomize 2
BytaFont

Mortalias

Neo Member
Can you share your background? :)

There ya go.

IMG_1937_zps672d8452.jpg

Alright then, so what do I use to get a start screen like this, and do notifications along with music play controls still work?

That LS was created with an App Store app called Clock Builder, where you basically get to construct and place everything yourself. Then, make sure you have Winterboard downloaded and go into Cydia and search for "clock builder." The Winterboard theme file is the one you want. Then head over to Winterboard, activate it, and done.

That LS was created with an App Store app called Clock Builder, where you basically get to construct and place everything yourself. Then, make sure you have Winterboard downloaded and go into Cydia and search for "clock builder." The Winterboard theme file is the one you want. Then head over to Winterboard, activate it, and done.

do notifications still work on the lock screen with clock builder?

Anyone been having issues with the YouTube app since jailbreaking? lt's been really laggy for me and needs to buffer a lot, and the quality's really bad a lot of the time. Not sure why that would happen but before the jailbreak it wasn't an issue at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone been having issues with the YouTube app since jailbreaking? lt's been really laggy for me and needs to buffer a lot, and the quality's really bad a lot of the time. Not sure why that would happen but before the jailbreak it wasn't an issue at all.
I'm noticing this too.. But I'm not quite sure if its because of the jailbreak specifically. Just since yesterday I've been having trouble loading YT videos via embedded links which pop open in Safari.

Man I really wish these Siri tweaks were compatible with iOS6

edit: OH, and what the hell, is it just me or is lockinfo 5 really bad? all I want is my twitter feed on my lockscreen like it used to work. Now it's completely different for the worse

TUSR

Banned
Buy Auxo, stop asking for free copies. Sentry deserves your money for this mod. So god damn good.

I'm looking for a font similar to the one used on the iPhone 5 box, myriad right?

Lkr

am i doing something wrong with glaskart? the icons are pretty transparent, i thought they were going to be black

Pachimari

I have the opposite question, why don't I have a clock on my status bar on the lock screen? It only turns up when I slide and have to put in my password. I also don't have music controls on the lock screen.

I have neither Springtomize nor Winterboard installed.

TUSR

Banned
I have the opposite question, why don't I have a clock on my status bar on the lock screen? It only turns up when I slide and have to put in my password. I also don't have music controls on the lock screen.

I have neither Springtomize nor Winterboard installed.
How do you hide the clock in the status bar on the lock screen only?

App called clock hide

Mafro

App called clock hide
Got it, thanks.

Is there any way of fixing the problem with notifications not appearing on the lock screen with some themes? I managed to make a theme using Clock Builder that looks identical to Typophone 4 but takes advantage of the iPhone 5's larger screen. Really annoying that notifications don't appear.

sUmH9X2l.png

Quick

Banned
Here's a Chrome replacement icon for anyone that wants to replace the default.

i9SjHdBjQyYT6.png

The original one sucks, so I navigated to the apps directory and replaced the default to that. No need to jailbreak, but I figured I'd share it here. The edges automatically round when you import.

Red

Well, this sucks... My phone crashed while trying to access Auxo, it took like ten minutes to reboot and when it finally did all my jailbreak changes were reverted and all my settings (even folder and normal app changes) reverted to how they were at the beginning of the week. And to top it off, I can't connect to any data service. Only wifi works. So... That sucks.

Well, this sucks... My phone crashed while trying to access Auxo, it took like ten minutes to reboot and when it finally did all my jailbreak changes were reverted and all my settings (even folder and normal app changes) reverted to how they were at the beginning of the week. And to top it off, I can't connect to any data service. Only wifi works. So... That sucks.

All your jailbreak settings reverted? Are you sure you're not in safe mode?

Shaneus

Sounds like safe mode to me.

I'm getting occasional crashes when trying to open up Auxo as well... and things like the generic Music app. Still weeding out which Cydia packages it could be, running out of options.

I don't remember encountering this kind of instability when the 5.1 j/b came out.

Red

It's not safe mode. I've crashed to safe mode before. No message or option to revert to normal. Restarted, still no data connection. Fuck.

Hook's law and Auxo are still installed but won't work.

Homeboyd

I'm noticing this too.. But I'm not quite sure if its because of the jailbreak specifically. Just since yesterday I've been having trouble loading YT videos via embedded links which pop open in Safari.
PMs!

I'm back!

Edit: Maybe someone else can help. Jailbreaking for the first time, just wanted to backup/restore from backup in itunes before jailbreaking. itunes telling me not enough free space to restore (even though phone says restore complete). Do I need to worry about this or is the back up I have on itunes good enough to proceed?

(I know NOTHING about this process. Just want to make sure I have a good backup available in case something goes wrong)

Ashhong

Does anybody have Bulletin? I want to see if it crashes for anybody else when you pull down the Notification Center in the lockscreen and swipe away emails. I swipe like 5 to clear them and then it goes into safe mode..

Red

If you guys have any suggestions for restoring a data connection to my phone I would really appreciate them. This sucks. I don't know what happened.

Quick

Banned
If you guys have any suggestions for restoring a data connection to my phone I would really appreciate them. This sucks. I don't know what happened.

My quick fix suggestion: download the iOS 6 ipsw and do a factory reset, then redo the jailbreak. Write down the tweaks you've been using and re-apply after.

EDIT: Not sure if this will do the trick, but doing a restore is always a good option.

Lkr

so i made the mistake of not updating to 6.1 before jailbreaking. is there an easy way to upgrade or would i have to restore my backup, upgrade, then jailbreak and do tweaks again?

123rl

Download Crash Reporter from cydia. I had a problem where my phone wouldn't come out of safe mode. I had installed something that was causing a problem. CR finds problematic apps and tells you which ones to delete/change

Red

My quick fix suggestion: download the iOS 6 ipsw and do a factory reset, then redo the jailbreak. Write down the tweaks you've been using and re-apply after.

EDIT: Not sure if this will do the trick, but doing a restore is always a good option.
That's a pain. Trying to figure something out without doing a full reset, but I can't even get it to search for service. It's just like there's no attempt to connect.

Crash reporter is showing records of my many springboard crashes but no suspected causes.

Red

So apparently my phone was deactivated somehow? I called *228 and it started working again. How does that happen?

Aaaand it's not really fixed. *228 is the only number that works. Data connection just shuts down if I try something else.

Working again. Had to sit through the full *228 phone programming thing. No idea what caused the crash, or how it would touch my data connection, but at least it's working again.

Quick

Banned
Auxo users: have you guys noticed random switches toggling on or off by itself at random?

When I initially installed Auxo, it switched off my 3G. It just switched off orientation lock.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Is there a tweak or app on Cydia that will lift the legacy adapter restrictions? I already have the VGA and HDMI adapter for the old connector and I get the 'This accessory is not supported by iPhone' message.

Any way around this?

Is there a tweak or app on Cydia that will lift the legacy adapter restrictions? I already have the VGA and HDMI adapter for the old connector and I get the 'This accessory is not supported by iPhone' message.

Any way around this?

I believe the tweak "Resupported" does this, I have no idea if it works for iOS 6 or iPhone 5 though.

Jubern

I'm really liking all those little tweaks I installed on my phone thanks to the jailbreak: Auxo, Zephyr, BrowserChanger, MapsOpener, etc...

But my iPhone 4 definitely took a big hit in the speed department, with the springboard also crashing at least once per day among other things.

Not sure what to do :(

giga

I'm really liking all those little tweaks I installed on my phone thanks to the jailbreak: Auxo, Zephyr, BrowserChanger, MapsOpener, etc...

But my iPhone 4 definitely took a big hit in the speed department, with the springboard also crashing at least once per day among other things.

Not sure what to do :(
After installing Auxo, I'm seeing some of my apps crash a lot more. Sucks.

Top Bottom