• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Red

I'm really liking all those little tweaks I installed on my phone thanks to the jailbreak: Auxo, Zephyr, BrowserChanger, MapsOpener, etc...

But my iPhone 4 definitely took a big hit in the speed department, with the springboard also crashing at least once per day among other things.

Not sure what to do :(
Yeah bringing up Auxo is slow on my 4S. Causes ast least one crash to safe mode per day. Not sure if it's Auxo by itself or a conflict with another tweak.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Could you share what you used? I like the look

These are the tweaks I downloaded. I also installed the colorgasm HD theme using winterboard.

rrLIWgn.png

Yeah bringing up Auxo is slow on my 4S. Causes ast least one crash to safe mode per day. Not sure if it's Auxo by itself or a conflict with another tweak.

It's not Auxo. I have it on my 4s and not only is it very quick, but my phone is working perfectly. That's with about 12 other tweaks running and about 6 Winterboard changes.

Red

It's not Auxo. I have it on my 4s and not only is it very quick, but my phone is working perfectly. That's with about 12 other tweaks running and about 6 Winterboard changes.
Crashes occur when bringing up Auxo. Pretty sure it is involved somewhere. Maybe not the sole cause, sure.

Shaneus

I'm inclined to agree with you. No idea what it's clashing with, but I'm at the point where I'm not using anything that hasn't been officially recognised as working with iOS 6.1. So anything that's conflicting with it, it's not an iOS version issue.

Sucks, because I love it... but it's definitely not playing ball. I did install Infiniboard recently so it might be to do with that (as that obviously relies on scrolling and probably manipulating the lower edge of the screen) but I dunno.

Red

I'm inclined to agree with you. No idea what it's clashing with, but I'm at the point where I'm not using anything that hasn't been officially recognised as working with iOS 6.1. So anything that's conflicting with it, it's not an iOS version issue.

Sucks, because I love it... but it's definitely not playing ball. I did install Infiniboard recently so it might be to do with that (as that obviously relies on scrolling and probably manipulating the lower edge of the screen) but I dunno.
Besides Auxo, I am using:

Winterboard (typophone 4)
Webscrollian
F.lux
%hook's law
Springtomize
Infinifolders
Swipe selection
Activator/NowNow
Zephyr

Haven't been able to zero in on a culprit besides Auxo. I can't replicate the crashes, either. It just randomly happens when trying to call up the task manager.

noah111

Still Alive
Sorry guys I sent out copies to a bunch of people for a page or two but I can't keep up, haha.

After installing Auxo, I'm seeing some of my apps crash a lot more. Sucks.
Yeah, it seems there is a memory leak issue popping up for some users and causing random crashes. Hard to pin point how to fix it but there are several people looking into it. (thankfully it's not happening for everyone)

That said, may also be a conflicting tweak for some (like excessive springtomize or flux mods), so it all depends.

Latest version of Auxo in testing already improves the performance a lot (I was having some lag issues using it on my iPhone 4 which are now nonexistent) so once we get the leak issue resolved, next update should smooth everything out to normal again (not to mention landscape support).

Red

Sounds good, Sentry. It is a cool app, and I imagine it'll be all but essential after ironing out the last few kinks.

Shaneus

Besides Auxo, I am using:

Winterboard (typophone 4)
Webscrollian
F.lux
%hook's law
Springtomize
Infinifolders
Swipe selection
Activator/NowNow
Zephyr

Haven't been able to zero in on a culprit besides Auxo. I can't replicate the crashes, either. It just randomly happens when trying to call up the task manager.
Almost exactly what I'm using after I cleared house a bit, except no Winterboard or Zephyr (though I have bought Zephyr, I haven't reinstalled it).

Almost exactly what I'm using after I cleared house a bit, except no Winterboard or Zephyr (though I have bought Zephyr, I haven't reinstalled it).

You guys might be able to pinpoint it in here then. I'm getting no crashes but I'm not using f.lux or webscrollian.

It could be one of those.

Edit: sorry, not using hooks law or swipe selection either. Using the rest.

Homeboyd

I believe that's Typophone weather with a modified theme, but I could be wrong.

Get Typophone weather from Cydia
Then go to the Official App store and download Typophone Clock (or something)
It's a dollar, and it allows you to change the settings of Typohphone Weather without having to go to iFile and stuff, plus it has some other cool features like different themes, which I assume he's using.

That's just my opinion anyway. I quoted my Typophone Weather lockscreen in one of the previous pages here with a custom wallpaper, but standard theme.

Anyway, you'll need to enable Typophone weather via Winterboard to actually use it as a lockscreen though
I tried this but whenever I make changes in the typophone app (from the App Store) it doesn't edit the Cydia app that I also installed. It doesn't even seem to update the app itself when I make these changes. Any idea?

Edit: ^^ thanks enzom
Edit: Nvm figured out sync

123rl

Anyone tried ICleaner? I had almost 3.5GB in "Other" so I just assumed it was for Cydia and other apps. ICleaner has removed and recovered almost 2GB of space for me

123rl

Old cache files and unnecessary temporary files, mostly. Safari's browsing data takes up a lot of space. When you use Icleaner it gives you a list of sources/areas to clean. If there's any you are unsure about, you can deselect them

It deleted cookies from some apps that have a built in browser. I also had to log in to Steam again. Nothing major. I didn't lose any downloaded content in apps like Spotify music or my photos/photo stream.

Jubern

Sorry guys I sent out copies to a bunch of people for a page or two but I can't keep up, haha.

Yeah, it seems there is a memory leak issue popping up for some users and causing random crashes. Hard to pin point how to fix it but there are several people looking into it. (thankfully it's not happening for everyone)

That said, may also be a conflicting tweak for some (like excessive springtomize or flux mods), so it all depends.

Latest version of Auxo in testing already improves the performance a lot (I was having some lag issues using it on my iPhone 4 which are now nonexistent) so once we get the leak issue resolved, next update should smooth everything out to normal again (not to mention landscape support).

Great news, thanks a lot.

123rl

Fuckinh bricked my fucking phone installing a fucking music mod. FFS.

Had to reset it and reinstall everything again. I'm just glad that iOS and especially iTunes is so forgiving in this situation and it's so easy to get things working again

Fuckinh bricked my fucking phone installing a fucking music mod. FFS.

Had to reset it and reinstall everything again. I'm just glad that iOS and especially iTunes is so forgiving in this situation and it's so easy to get things working again

Just a point of information: "brick" refers to something no longer working anymore, ever. It wasn't really bricked; probably just stuck in an endless boot loop or something? Forcing you to set it in DFU mode and restore again. "Brick" is a very final term in the tech world.

Anywho, glad you didn't brick your phone...but then again, I've never heard of anyone bricking their iPhone in the 5 or so years I've been jailbreaking. I wonder if that can happen.

Shaneus

I just noticed I had an app called AppAnalytics (tracks how much time you spend in each app) and it hasn't tracked anything since I updated to iOS 6.1, so maybe that's been a bit buggy as well. Removed it, will see how we go.

Just a point of information: "brick" refers to something no longer working anymore, ever. It wasn't really bricked; probably just stuck in an endless boot loop or something? Forcing you to set it in DFU mode and restore again. "Brick" is a very final term in the tech world.

Anywho, glad you didn't brick your phone...but then again, I've never heard of anyone bricking their iPhone in the 5 or so years I've been jailbreaking. I wonder if that can happen.
I think the worst that can happen is you have to recover your phone in DFU mode... but yeah, the extreme worst. With the safe mode boot option they have with the volume button (I think that was an iOS 5.1 j/b thing?) there's nothing to worry about anymore as far as buggy apps go.

123rl

Fair point. It was unusable but it wasn't bricked. An hour later it's almost restored and now I'm jail breaking again

123rl

I now can't get Intelliscreen X to work. It crashes and goes into Safe Mode every time. All I've installed is Auxo, Activator and Dashboard X. Any suggestions?

OK so I just encountered an issue, started Cydia and saw that there was an updates available for something called libstatusbar. Now I have not installed anything called libstatusbar, but it said it was an UPDATE so I figured it was part of a different program that I had installed, so I decided to update.

now the phone ony starts in safemode and non of the tweaks I had previously installed worked...

Had to uninstall that one.

Anyone know what it is for?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
OK so I just encountered an issue, started Cydia and saw that there was an updates available for something called libstatusbar. Now I have not installed anything called libstatusbar, but it said it was an UPDATE so I figured it was part of a different program that I had installed, so I decided to update.

now the phone ony starts in safemode and non of the tweaks I had previously installed worked...

Had to uninstall that one.

Anyone know what it is for?

Same thing just happened to me. Can I uninstall that safely?

EDIT: Uninstalling it also removes IntelliScreenX. Things get back to normal then.

Kirby102

So I noticed that my Weather app doesn't work anymore AFTER installing the fix for it... It was working before the patch though, I'm on iPhone 4 if anyone is wondering.

Is there a way to fix it?

Same thing just happened to me. Can I uninstall that safely?

EDIT: Uninstalling it also removes IntelliScreenX. Things get back to normal then.

Didnt notice until now that removing it also removes intelliscreen.

Installing intelliscreen again, see what happens.

Intalled intelliscreen again and the phone is back in safe mode !

FUCK

uninstalled it and now we are back with working tweaks again and no safe mode.

Seems The guys behind intelliscreen needs to update their Linstatusbar update for intelliscreen as it is crashing the intelliscreen

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
So, no IntelliScreen until the library is fixed. Great.

If you have IntelliScreenX installed and Cydia prompts you to update libstatusbar, DON'T.

Shaneus

There's a new update for libstatusbar already. Installing it... IT WORKS!
What difference does that make? What should I be looking for?

Is it like a library that other apps communicate with to make adjustments to the status bar? (sorry if that's asking the obvious... I just have no idea what these "core" packages do, just the more external ones)

BTW I don't have Intelliscreen so I don't know what significance it has to me. But I do use Springtomize, so would it be associated with the bug it had where it couldn't display the time and the free RAM at once? (edit: No, still broken)

Edit: Nevermind, found a description of what it actually is.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Restoring my iPhone 5 now, just too many app crashes and Springboard resprings when I need it.

Was only running NCSettings and Auxo and it was nice, but need my phone to be stable.

I'm surprised to hear so many of you are seeing stability problems. I'm running a ton of tweaks and I'm having almost no problems. The only big tweaks that I don't have that I hear mentioned in this thread often are Intelliscreen and Winterboard.

giga

Restoring my iPhone 5 now, just too many app crashes and Springboard resprings when I need it.

Was only running NCSettings and Auxo and it was nice, but need my phone to be stable.
It's an issue with Auxo. See sentry's post above.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
it has a number in it when there's voicemail.
Doesn't for me, but maybe because the UK doesn't have visual voicemail? The only time it has numbers for me is when I have a missed call. If I have a missed call and voicemail it shows "1+" or however many missed calls there were. If someone leaves a voicemail and I've been into the recent calls to clear the missed calls it just shows a blank circle.

Edit: as so

kingocfs

I'm surprised to hear so many of you are seeing stability problems. I'm running a ton of tweaks and I'm having almost no problems. The only big tweaks that I don't have that I hear mentioned in this thread often are Intelliscreen and Winterboard.

Same, and I'm running Winterboard. The point update made iOS 6 run so much better on my 4S, and so far none of the stuff I have has made it any worse.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Same, and I'm running Winterboard. The point update made iOS 6 run so much better on my 4S, and so far none of the stuff I have has made it any worse.
Yeah, the only thing that's crashed on me so far is WeeSlider, annoyingly enough. I just uninstalled it, hopefully it'll get updated as it was pretty handy.

Top Bottom