• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

I have always found Winterboard laggy. Using it for a few days makes it go away, but disabling it with SBSettings would show how much speed has been sacrificed.

Homeboyd

What are some good lock slider editors/minimizers? Using the typophone weather lockscreen but the default background is black, so when I change the background to a custom wallpaper, it leaves the (large) lock slider area (background) still black. Want to make this transparent or minimize it while using typophone weather if possible. Any ideas?

Also, noticing some icons disappearing. Bitesms icon gone right now, but still installed. Should I use iwipe cache to try and get it back?

Ambitious

Is there a tweak that allows me to open new tabs in Safari in the background without changing the default behavior? I'd really prefer an additional option. OpenTabBackground, the only tweak I could find, does override the default command.

Concept17

Kind of off topic here, but has anyone had the issues of their Iphone4's speaker going to headphone? Can't seem to get it to switch back, despite there not being any headphones plugged in. Tried plugging in and out some, but so far no luck. Any ideas?

What are some good lock slider editors/minimizers? Using the typophone weather lockscreen but the default background is black, so when I change the background to a custom wallpaper, it leaves the (large) lock slider area (background) still black. Want to make this transparent or minimize it while using typophone weather if possible. Any ideas?

Also, noticing some icons disappearing. Bitesms icon gone right now, but still installed. Should I use iwipe cache to try and get it back?

Minimal Slider HD looks great, try that. Springtomize 2 will allow you to edit the slider also.

Homeboyd

Minimal Slider HD looks great, try that. Springtomize 2 will allow you to edit the slider also.
Thanks. Just tried that and it changed the slider, but doubled the black background space. So now half of my lockscreen is black, and the other half has my wallpaper/typophone stuff. : /

Edit: Reloaded and it's back down to how it was before, just replaced the slider. So still a large black bar on the bottom of the screen

Red

Kind of off topic here, but has anyone had the issues of their Iphone4's speaker going to headphone? Can't seem to get it to switch back, despite there not being any headphones plugged in. Tried plugging in and out some, but so far no luck. Any ideas?
I haven't had any trouble with my iPhone, but in the past I've had handsets get stuck on headphone sound when there was dust or moisture on the contacts.

@wetflame: I think you're right, the number pops up for visual voicemail. That's why I haven't seen a blank bubble before. But I didn't have a voicemail anyway, so I'm not sure why it was there.

Thanks. Just tried that and it changed the slider, but doubled the black background space. So now half of my lockscreen is black, and the other half has my wallpaper/typophone stuff. : /

Edit: Reloaded and it's back down to how it was before, just replaced the slider. So still a large black bar on the bottom of the screen

My bad, you should also download Slider Remover from ModMyi, then enable it in Winterboard.

Homeboyd

My bad, you should also download Slider Remover from ModMyi, then enable it in Winterboard.
That gave me the option to remove the background (which actually just removed the slider bar), the slider knob, or slide to unlock. None will get rid of the black background.

Aaaahhhh

That gave me the option to remove the background (which actually just removed the slider bar), the slider knob, or slide to unlock. None will get rid of the black background.

Aaaahhhh

Thats odd, I used it and it completely removed the background for me.

Sure its not something weird built into your theme?

Shaneus

I think MathAlarm Plus is buggy too (even though it's OK'd to work on iOS6.1) and made by Ryan Petrich. Alarm went off this morning, slid to unlock... crashed. Alarm started in safe mode, hit cancel, exited safe mode... (math) alarm went off again, then crashed to safe mode.

Xrenity

First time I've jailbreaked and I love it. Especially the customization! Also thanks for the tips in this thread.

Anyone know how to move the position of the lockscreen notifications though? I've rekoved the clock background and now notifications float from the middle. Can't find anything on this.

TheMan

earlier in the thread, someone noted that their battery life had degraded since jailbreaking their phone. has anyone noticed this too?

Ashhong

earlier in the thread, someone noted that their battery life had degraded since jailbreaking their phone. has anyone noticed this too?

I have, at least I think it has. It's hard to tell because I'm using the phone more now. Although I think it does faster when I'm sleeping.

I think it depends on your tweaks. I don't have anything that would be running and draining my battery though...

So in the iOS 6.1 directory structure, does anyone know where the Gmail, Google Maps, and Chrome icons are stored? I can't seem to find them using iPhoneBrowser. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mine has stayed pretty much exactly the same, I don't have crazy power-hungry tweaks though, it's never jailbreaking alone that affects what happens to your battery life.

If you have fancy widgets or constantly updating stuff like live feeds in your UI, then yeah, you should expect your battery life to suffer.

Dunk#7

I finally got mine looking the way I want...

VKZWphG.png

281H86N.png

VgoEP6U.png

Dosia

Has anyone else had the issue of the notification center being buggy when trying to push it back up while in the lockscreen using springtomize 2? While in springboard the NC is snappy, but for some reaosn while in the lockscreen i have to bring it up slowly to close the NC, or else it just snaps back down and wont close.

Mr. Hyde

I have a couple of neat gps weather lock screen themes but the weather part says N/a when I use them. Does anyone know how to fix that issue?

Can anyone tell me if theres something thatll remove the slider to unlock the phone on the lock screen. Not jsut make it invisible but remove it. Thanks

one thatll also remove the camera slider

knitoe

Any reason my iphone 4S is draining battery life after jailbreaking?

An app running in the background, a tweak you installed or something went wrong with the jailbreak. Start closing all apps. Then, removing tweaks and find what which one. If still persist, restore the phone as a "new device" and rejailbreak.

Enzom21

Is there a good source like this for iPhone 5 lockscreens? I'm using typophone weather now but am having an issue with a black bar that bothers me and the featured HD themes in cydia aren't all that great. Know there's some good lockscreens out there, just don't know where to find them.

iThemesky has lockscreens, icon themes, and fonts. You can sort by device.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Has anyone run into this bug with Cydia where it doesn't display full screen? It makes it unusable. My work around is to force safe mode via Activator, but it's annoying and I'm curious what causes it. Seems random.

50490471dac218fa1864803ab4116df2.jpg

This a known bug? There a fix?

Quick

Banned
I'll ask again: has anybody tried out Flex yet?

Is winterboard even worth doing on an iPad? Seems like no one really customizes the iPad.

Noticed this, as well. I restored my iPad back to stock firmware because of the lack of tweaks I could add to it in general.

Dosia

I only use the Carla theme for the mini unlock. The icons are from Avenue B theme. As for the weather widget, it's from Forecast.

Cool thanks. Is there a way to edit the end call button along with the accept or reject call buttons? I hate how they overlap that white stripe from the unlock screen.

Shaneus

So in the iOS 6.1 directory structure, does anyone know where the Gmail, Google Maps, and Chrome icons are stored? I can't seem to find them using iPhoneBrowser. :(
*Pretty* sure they're located in the top directory of the app's folder itself. Or one level in after that.

Mr. Hyde

I'll ask again: has anybody tried out Flex yet?

Noticed this, as well. I restored my iPad back to stock firmware because of the lack of tweaks I could add to it in general.

I'd restore mine but xbmc and the snes emulator (snes9x ex+) are amazing on the ipad.

Enzom21

They are located here but they are not named after their app name, it's a bunch of random letters and numbers.
F0BF622B-3463-47AD-87EC-54E460562DFA-6693-00000061D8D8C0CA.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
When I look at the restrictions of iOS, one of the big ones is the fact that suspended apps will eventually "sleep" after a few minutes. You can't have apps indefinitely running in the background (some functionality excepted). Does any jailbreak tweak address this?

For example, though it would kill the battery, I'd love it if I could leave Downcast running in the background, with its existing function to check for new casts every few hours. As it works now, it will check the next time you manually launch the app. ..

Enzom21

When I look at the restrictions of iOS, one of the big ones is the fact that suspended apps will eventually "sleep" after a few minutes. You can't have apps indefinitely running in the background (some functionality excepted). Does any jailbreak tweak address this?

For example, though it would kill the battery, I'd love it if I could leave Downcast running in the background, with its existing function to check for new casts every few hours. As it works now, it will check the next time you manually launch the app. ..
Backgrounder used to do this, but it hasn't been updated since iOS4.

Plasmid

Is there a way to add songs to my itunes without having to sync? My laptop died and i don't wanna resync because i don't have the same music i had. :(

Bridge.

Shaneus

I have a theory on Auxo... is it possible that the little Apple task switcher sub-applet thingy it replaces also auto-manages the memory, but because it's not running anymore there's no memory management and that's why it crashes? Just an uneducated stab in the dark, though.

Is there a way to add songs to my itunes without having to sync? My laptop died and i don't wanna resync because i don't have the same music i had. :(
There's several options:
CopyTrans Manager, which is free to let you add songs to your device, but if you want to do other stuff like backup the different music *from* your phone to your laptop, you need CopyTrans (different software, same people).

If you want to transfer stuff you've downloaded on your phone to the music library on your phone, you can use either MewSeek (which also has some search engines included, if you're that way inclined) or Bridge (both are via Cydia) which just lets you transfer MP3s from anywhere on your device (like a 3rd party browser's download folder) to your music library.

Ashhong

Alright guys, quick question. I just read that Apple is sending out 6.1.1 which likely fixes the jailbreak so I want to update my parent's iPad from iOS5. It's currently jailbroken. If I press upgrade from iTunes will that break anything? Obviously the jailbreak will be gone, but will it leave behind old files or anything I need to be aware of? I'd rather not go through a restore process if upgrading is fine. I'm going to jailbreak it once I get it to 6.1.

Enzom21

Alright guys, quick question. I just read that Apple is sending out 6.1.1 which likely fixes the jailbreak so I want to update my parent's iPad from iOS5. It's currently jailbroken. If I press upgrade from iTunes will that break anything? Obviously the jailbreak will be gone, but will it leave behind old files or anything I need to be aware of? I'd rather not go through a restore process if upgrading is fine. I'm going to jailbreak it once I get it to 6.1.
6.1.1 is a developers beta and it doesn't close the jailbreak exploit. You are going to have to restore to 6.1. You cannot update from a jailbroken firmware, you will get an error.

Homeboyd

6.1.1 is a developers beta and it doesn't close the jailbreak exploit. You are going to have to restore to 6.1. You cannot update from a jailbroken firmware, you will get an error.
So what's the process of upgrading to the new iOS as they release? Is there a way to keep all your jailbreak settings during this process?

Ashhong

How come in Cydia they dont tell you that you have to restore? Says you can update via iTunes, just that it will become jailbroken. Guess I'll restore though, thanks for the info. Saw that the closed exploit post was from like a week ago, so I guess it's outdated info.

Top Bottom