• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Shaneus

Yeah I've tried the RSS. Is there a way to drop the RSS into a widget on your homescreen? Maybe espn's RSS could scroll across that way? Just doesn't update the same way the live ticker does on TV. I mean... It seems like the perfect widget.
No idea, I'm not an RSS kinda guy, sorry :(

On another note... still experiencing crashes. Which is weird, because I haven't encountered a single one on my iPad and I'm pretty sure I have basically the same packages installed (even Auxo, despite the fact it's not actually supported yet).

mf.luder

Did anyone else install the tweak 'pulltorefresh' for safari? I found it made browsing mobile GAF useless. I couldn't go forward to the next page.

I removed it and this no longer occurs.

TUSR

Banned
Did anyone else install the tweak 'pulltorefresh' for safari? I found it made browsing mobile GAF useless. I couldn't go forward to the next page.

I removed it and this no longer occurs.

Never understood that tweak, mobile GAF has a button at the bottom of the page and Safari itself has one right at the top.

jts

...hate me...
Do you have Mobile Substrate installed? If not, install it.
I did (do).

I'm beginning to think it was the 5 icon dock thing I also had installed. Because it didn't work and returned a couple of bugs instead.

Been rebooting since with no problem... but I'll tread lightly.

I installed BTNotificationEnabler earlier today which is supposed to push all notifications over bluetooth so that it'd work with my Pebble watch but it looks like it crashes my phone whenever I try to make a call.

Wiz

So for some reason several of my apps have larger than normal icon sizes. I have not changed or installed anything that would increase them (that I know of), and the last thing I installed was Android Lock XT.

Anyone had this problem or know what is going on?

So for some reason several of my apps have larger than normal icon sizes. I have not changed or installed anything that would increase them (that I know of), and the last thing I installed was Android Lock XT.

Anyone had this problem or know what is going on?

I had the same problem, I think the update to Springtomize fixed it.

Shaneus

Yup. I didn't have the issue, but they said the most recent one included a fix for it.

Meanwhile, I still can't display time + free RAM in the status bar with it. Is anyone else still having this issue?

mf.luder

Never understood that tweak, mobile GAF has a button at the bottom of the page and Safari itself has one right at the top.

Well, I browse other websites other than GAF, you can't turn it off per website.

It was more of just a nifty feature. But yes, if I had to be at the top of the screen to use it, why wouldn't I just use the refresh icon?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So how's the battery life after jailbreaking and installing your tweaks? (better/worse)

No difference here. iPad Mini and iPhone 5. Keep in mind you use the device more when you jailbreak, so quite naturally your phone stays lit longer, thus draining the battery faster.

Homeboyd

I have a custom theme and custom lockscreen (different themes) and noticed my lockscreen notifications haven't worked since. There a way to override this and get them working with these themes?

Shaneus

Can the 4s users update to 6.1.1 and jailbreak? It's only for 4s users and fixes alot of 6.1 issues.
Oh really? When did it come out?

Is there a list of fixes?

(Something or other Cydia package was updated only to support 6.1.1 only on 4S so maybe there's one out?)

Enzom21

I have a custom theme and custom lockscreen (different themes) and noticed my lockscreen notifications haven't worked since. There a way to override this and get them working with these themes?
It's a known bug in winterboard if you are using an HTML lockscreen theme. You will have to wait for an update to winterboard or use a non-HTML lockscreen.

Shaneus

It should still be fine.
Yup:
Multiple reports noted that Evasi0n was downloaded over seven million times in four days, making the so-called liberation tool the most popular in iOS history.

Apple's release of iOS 6.1.1 on Monday broke compatibility with the software hack, but version 1.3 brings back support for all iOS devices, including the iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Apple's iOS release targeted battery life and 3G issues seen by some iPhone 4S users, and was not meant to patch the Evasi0n exploit.
So I guess I should PkgBackup all up in this bitch, then do a full restore to 6.1.1? Or is there an easier way for me to upgrade so I don't have to back up all my application and Cydia package data?

Double D

Think the Apple 3 TV jailbreak is really coming soon? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

I had my ATV 2 jailbroken and had put XBMC on it. I tried forever to get that thing to work but I never could figure out how to stream videos to it.

Higgy

I had my ATV 2 jailbroken and had put XBMC on it. I tried forever to get that thing to work but I never could figure out how to stream videos to it.

Did you have problems straming through xbmc or did you install and try to play files through aTV Flash?

LegoDad

Yup:

So I guess I should PkgBackup all up in this bitch, then do a full restore to 6.1.1? Or is there an easier way for me to upgrade so I don't have to back up all my application and Cydia package data?

Looks like Evasi0n was updated for 6.1.1.

PkgBackup is what I used to use.

Usually i just do a clean setup and redownload everything now.

So what do you guys think about IntelliscreenX 6? Is it worth the $10 compared to the free LockInfo? Is the Messages+ it comes with also make the purchase worth it compared to BiteSMS?

Shaneus

Looks like Evasi0n was updated for 6.1.1.

PkgBackup is what I used to use.

Usually i just do a clean setup and redownload everything now.
I was trying it just then prior to update/restore and it would just fire up then close. So probably something else blocking it, but I didn't have time to diagnose so I just backed up all my app stuff via iFunBox and let 'er rip.

I do hope the update to 6.1.1 is worth it. I can only cross my fingers that there some of the other buggy stuff I encountered with the j/b is fixed with it as well (or something).

Homeboyd

Have a question. I'm trying to use an iPhone 4 theme on my iPhone 5. Specifically, "boss LS Circle" from ithemesky.

I changed the height x width to 583x320 and it fills the screen properly, but the background time/weather/temp widgets stayed in their original location and didn't "move" with the background, so they're out of place. Anyone have any idea how to readjust these widgets in the homescreen?

Shaneus

Well, colour me surprised. I was planning on doing a very basic upgrade, thinking I'd have to manually copy all of my settings back.

I was wrong.

The only thing I can assume is that when running a backup via iTunes, the Cydia app settings somehow manage to weasel their way into the area of the file structure that get backed up. It was bare bones to start, but as soon as Springtomize was on there, all my icons arranged themselves as they were and had all the other config options (no labels, 5x5, concave row of icons along the bottom) as well as Auxo (option to switch music/toggle controls, customised toggle options). Even the regular iOS applications managed to maintain their settings (which I was NOT expecting, although I'd hazard a guess it's been like that for a while, I've just never known). Really happy with how easy it is.

And I'm glad I've gone the route of installing individual Cydia packages as well. Feels like I have more control than just using PkgBackup and expecting everything to work (especially with compatibility issues that I had honestly not expected).

Homeboyd

Well, colour me surprised. I was planning on doing a very basic upgrade, thinking I'd have to manually copy all of my settings back.

I was wrong.

The only thing I can assume is that when running a backup via iTunes, the Cydia app settings somehow manage to weasel their way into the area of the file structure that get backed up. It was bare bones to start, but as soon as Springtomize was on there, all my icons arranged themselves as they were and had all the other config options (no labels, 5x5, concave row of icons along the bottom) as well as Auxo (option to switch music/toggle controls, customised toggle options). Even the regular iOS applications managed to maintain their settings (which I was NOT expecting, although I'd hazard a guess it's been like that for a while, I've just never known). Really happy with how easy it is.

And I'm glad I've gone the route of installing individual Cydia packages as well. Feels like I have more control than just using PkgBackup and expecting everything to work (especially with compatibility issues that I had honestly not expected).
So did it back up your jailbreak to iTunes? i.e. you now don't have a clean "default" backup on iTunes?

Shaneus

So did it back up your jailbreak to iTunes? i.e. you now don't have a clean "default" backup on iTunes?
Well, it didn't backup my jailbreak technically, but it backed up a lot more that I thought it would. I never had a "clean" backup in the first place so I'm not worried at all about that, but if I just restored without jailbreaking again, I guess all those settings and layouts would be there, but just inaccessible by whatever official apps are available.

If you're thinking that it could be somehow detected or something, I doubt there's any concern for that. If there was, they wouldn't be advising people to backup to iTunes every time there's a newly-jailbroken iOS version out.

Enzom21

Have a question. I'm trying to use an iPhone 4 theme on my iPhone 5. Specifically, "boss LS Circle" from ithemesky.

I changed the height x width to 583x320 and it fills the screen properly, but the background time/weather/temp widgets stayed in their original location and didn't "move" with the background, so they're out of place. Anyone have any idea how to readjust these widgets in the homescreen?
You can change the location of those in the plist or HTML files.
it does not backup the jailbreak tweaks or apps but it will backup the settings for each tweak.
Well, it didn't backup my jailbreak technically, but it backed up a lot more that I thought it would. I never had a "clean" backup in the first place so I'm not worried at all about that, but if I just restored without jailbreaking again, I guess all those settings and layouts would be there, but just inaccessible by whatever official apps are available.

If you're thinking that it could be somehow detected or something, I doubt there's any concern for that. If there was, they wouldn't be advising people to backup to iTunes every time there's a newly-jailbroken iOS version out.
The only way to have a jailbreak free backup is to setup as a new phone.

Homeboyd

You can change the location of those in the plist or HTML files.
That's just it though... I can't find where to do this in the HTML file or which location I should be using. I think it would take someone else seeing this particular file to see what I'm talking about.

TheDanger

Banned
Is Weekillbackgroundpro working for you guys on iOs 6 ? It says it supports iOs 6, but my iPhone freezes completely when I drag down the notification center with the widget enabled.

Anyone having problems with your phone constantly crashing. It appears to be activator related because its always when I try to swipe down from the top bar for home or multitasking.

iPhone 4
Activator
Auxo
Remove recents
Webscrollian
Nocoverflow
Spring flash
F.lux
BlurredNCbackground
Bitesms
Nostorebutton
Fakeclockup

Anyone having problems with your phone constantly crashing. It appears to be activator related because its always when I try to swipe down from the top bar for home or multitasking.

iPhone 4
Activator
Auxo
Remove recents
Webscrollian
Nocoverflow
Spring flash
F.lux
BlurredNCbackground
Bitesms
Nostorebutton
Fakeclockup

It's Auxo.

Quick

Banned

I'm having issues with my apps crashing, specifically.

The common app we have is Auxo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Getting crashes now. Mobile Substrate saving me, but now for some reason my automatic brightness isn't working :|

BTNoticationEnabler finally works, I can get all my notifications sent to my Pebble watch. It's neat in the nerdiest way possible.

I haven't received my Pebble yet, but I thought all of the notifications that displayed in notification center were already supposed to be pushed to the watch already.

Ashhong

So my phone seems to crash when I swipe notifications on the lock screen away. I don't mean slide the icon to open, but swipe to remove it from the lock screen. Problem is I don't know what mod I have that allows that lol. Or is that stock and I didn't even realize?

Enzom21

So my phone seems to crash when I swipe notifications on the lock screen away. I don't mean slide the icon to open, but swipe to remove it from the lock screen. Problem is I don't know what mod I have that allows that lol. Or is that stock and I didn't even realize?

I don't think that is stock. Do you have Ipsum installed?

Homeboyd

Getting crashes now. Mobile Substrate saving me, but now for some reason my automatic brightness isn't working :|
Springboard sometimes does the brightness this to me too. I use Crash Report (w/ a couple add-ons) to identify the problem causing add-ons. I had a crash once that stuck me in the dreaded apple logo loop but luckily got out of it and located the problematic file through Crash Report and removed it. No problems since. Turned out it was something not designed for my iOS version.

Top Bottom