• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Does anyone else have their ipad battery drain fast after jailbreaking? Maybe it has to do with f.lux (the only thing I have installed) but my battery life took a nosedive. Used to end the day with like 70% and now I'm getting down to like 20%, with the same amount of usage.

Shaneus

Everything seems a lot more stable since removing Webscrollian (and possibly that keyboard scrolly thing as well). Suggest everyone having issues tries it (if they have it installed).

Higgy

Does anyone else have their ipad battery drain fast after jailbreaking? Maybe it has to do with f.lux (the only thing I have installed) but my battery life took a nosedive. Used to end the day with like 70% and now I'm getting down to like 20%, with the same amount of usage.

Don't have f.lux installed on mine. I have jailbroken mine, wifes, and a coworkers. All iPad 3's and all behaving the same. No noticiable battery change.

Mafro

Is there a jailbreak tweak that'll let me change an app's icon to something else e.g. changing the Tweetbot icon to the official Twitter app's icon?

Jubern

My iPhone 4 works much, much better without Auxo, so I decided to remove it altogether :/

It just wouldn't stop crashing during the last 2-3 days, didn't really had another choice. Sorry sentry, I'll re-install it when I get a better phone :(

Datrio

My iPhone 4 works much, much better without Auxo, so I decided to remove it altogether :/

It just wouldn't stop crashing during the last 2-3 days, didn't really had another choice. Sorry sentry, I'll re-install it when I get a better phone :(
Same here, sadly. And it's not the phone, on iPhone 5 I has constant crashes - for instance when a BiteSMS popup appeared or I unlocked the phone with Stride. Without Auxo it's working like a charm.

Shaneus

I noticed that there's an update to Auxo in the last day or so. Has it fixed the crashing issue?

Anyone else able to verify/test/confirm that it may be an issue between Auxo and Webscrollian?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I noticed that there's an update to Auxo in the last day or so. Has it fixed the crashing issue?

Anyone else able to verify/test/confirm that it may be an issue between Auxo and Webscrollian?
I updated Auxo this morning and it seems more stable, no crashes yet!

Jubern

Yeah just tested it with Tweetbot and it works.

You get twitter notifications from Tweetbot? For some reason I only get them from the official app, I don't see Tweebot in the list of apps that can display in the Notification Center...

Mafro

You get twitter notifications from Tweetbot? For some reason I only get them from the official app, I don't see Tweebot in the list of apps that can display in the Notification Center...
Do you have the notifications turned on in the settings in the actual Tweetbot app?

Red

The first time I brought up Auxo after the update, it crashed. When it works it seems to be popping up a little faster. But still crashes for me.

Red

I tried getting the Winterboard update. Install failed. Now my phone is stuck in a loop... gives me the option to ignore or forcibly remove. I have to forcibly remove to get it working. But every time I pick that option, Cydia crashes. I see that if it does work, it will remove all of my jailbreak tweaks. Right now that isn't even a possibility though. My phone is unusable. Everything crashes... tweaks, apps, everything. Don't know what I can do to fix it.

For all its advantages, jailbreaking has been a huge pain in the ass.

Well fuck, there is no swipe option on my lock screen now. I can't unlock my phone.

How can I un-jailbreak? Might as well do it now and update to 6.1.1 while all this fuckery is going on.

I tried getting the Winterboard update. Install failed. Now my phone is stuck in a loop... gives me the option to ignore or forcibly remove. I have to forcibly remove to get it working. But every time I pick that option, Cydia crashes. I see that if it does work, it will remove all of my jailbreak tweaks. Right now that isn't even a possibility though. My phone is unusable. Everything crashes... tweaks, apps, everything. Don't know what I can do to fix it.

For all its advantages, jailbreaking has been a huge pain in the ass.

Well fuck, there is no swipe option on my lock screen now. I can't unlock my phone.

How can I un-jailbreak? Might as well do it now and update to 6.1.1 while all this fuckery is going on.

sounds like restoring is your only option

Red

How will I know the phone has been restored? Should it return to factory settings? I clicked restore in iTunes but nothing happened. The option became grayed out and I see "accessing iTunes store." Been like that for ten minutes.

Nevermind, I think I got it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is there anything on Cydia to hide the bars on the lockscreen? I don't want anything fancy, just to remove the dark bars behind the clock etc. without having to use a whole different thing.

Red

Did a full restore, and everything is running pretty well now. Auxo seems more stable, too, which is nice... No crashes so far, even while trying to stress it.

Only problem I'm having is I can't get the "set your own background" message to go away using typophone.

So am I pretty much screwed if I have the 4.12.01 baseband and want to unlock? I've been looking around online, all day, and see no solutions.

Thanks

Something keeps making Safari crash over and over again after it loads a page, usually ones with heavy content. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's really starting to frustrate me.

iPhone 4S with 6.1 if that helps.

Is this stuff legit? I guess I just don't understand the actual process behind these things.

...Like, what *is* an unlock actually? Are they sending me an activation code or something?

Again, thanks guys, the internet has been pretty confusing for answering this stuff...

You send them your IMEI number and they do the unlock on their end.

giga

Is this stuff legit? I guess I just don't understand the actual process behind these things.

...Like, what *is* an unlock actually? Are they sending me an activation code or something?

Again, thanks guys, the internet has been pretty confusing for answering this stuff...
Yes, legit. No activation code. They do it on their end.

Some new tweaks I just got, both FREE

WeeSearch
WeeSearch-Widget_0.jpg

WeeKillBackground
Kills all apps in background. You can buy full version for $1 and you can add apps to exclude list that won't be killed.
WeeKillBackground-Widget_0.jpg

Enzom21

What app did you use to change your signal bars?

Winterboard.
this is the theme I am using.
I am not 100% sure this will work on iOS 6, I made it a while ago and I am not sure I uploaded the most recent one. If it does not work, tell me and I will upload my current one.

Top Bottom