• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Banglish

Did you try the recovery loop fixer in iReb?

I'm trying it but it's not working, in reb there's an asterisk saying that recovery loops cannot be removed from tethered jail-broken iphones..
I'm just tried tinyumbrella as well a couple times, not working.
For both programs it rebooted but was still in recovery mode.

iLLmAtlc

I'm trying it but it's not working, in reb there's an asterisk saying that recovery loops cannot be removed from tethered jail-broken iphones..

In that case you should take the 4.2.1 Ipsw and create a no baseband version using redsnow. Then, go into pwned dfu mode using redsnow and restore with the no baseband Ipsw in iTunes:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=25144

Get into pwned dfu mode from recovery loop:

1. Open redsnow and go into pwned dfu mode function.

2. Follow these instructions:

http://www.jbfaq.com/article.asp?id=60

Please post back with progress

Banglish

In that case you should take the 4.2.1 Ipsw and create a no baseband version using redsnow. Then, go into pwned dfu mode using redsnow and restore with the no baseband Ipsw in iTunes:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=25144

Get into pwned dfu mode from recovery loop:

1. Open redsnow and go into pwned dfu mode function.

2. Follow these instructions:

http://www.jbfaq.com/article.asp?id=60

Please post back with progress

So in the iclairfied guide, step 8 is where I'm getting stuck.
Redsnow is telling me DFU mode is required, but as I try to get into DFU mode, I return to the recovery screen.

Edit: I was able to get into DFU mode, but when I try to proceed it says, "Couldn't upload WTF"..

iLLmAtlc

So in the iclairfied guide, step 8 is where I'm getting stuck.
Redsnow is telling me DFU mode is required, but as I try to get into DFU mode, I return to the recovery screen.

Edit: I was able to get into DFU mode, but when I try to proceed it says, "Couldn't upload WTF"..

where does it say that?

once you were able to get into DFU Mode redsnow should have tried to put the device into Pwned DFU mode

Banglish

where does it say that?

once you were able to get into DFU Mode redsnow should have tried to put the device into Pwned DFU mode

After I select the ipsw to be restored, it says "redsnow can modify this ipsw during the restore to prevent the baseband from being updated.

Would you like redsnow to do this?"

I click yes, then an error window pops up saying "Couldn't upload WTF".
UUXiG5L.jpg

iLLmAtlc

After I select the ipsw to be restored, it says "redsnow can modify this ipsw during the restore to prevent the baseband from being updated.

Would you like redsnow to do this?"

I click yes, then an error window pops up saying "Couldn't upload WTF".
UUXiG5L.jpg

Wait a sec. You're not supposed to be in even more-> restore.

Go to Extras -> Custom IPSW -> Select 4.2.1 IPSW

Sorry that was my bad, I didn't even look at the guide and linked you to the wrong one.

Once the IPSW is created go back to redsn0w and hit Pwned DFU on the "extras" menu, then follow the instructions I posted earlier to get into DFU Mode from the recovery loop.

Once you are in pwned dfu mode, goto iTunes and do shift + restore again and this time pick the NO_BB Ipsw created by redsn0w

please post back with progress

Banglish

Wait a sec. You're not supposed to be in even more-> restore.

Go to Extras -> Custom IPSW -> Select 4.2.1 IPSW

Sorry that was my bad, I didn't even look at the guide and linked you to the wrong one.

Once the IPSW is created go back to redsn0w and hit Pwned DFU on the "extras" menu, then follow the instructions I posted earlier to get into DFU Mode from the recovery loop.

Once you are in pwned dfu mode, goto iTunes and do shift + restore again and this time pick the NO_BB Ipsw created by redsn0w

please post back with progress

Okay, I created the custom ispw, no problems. Got into DFU using your instructions, but when I click "Pwned DFU", I have a "USB communication problem".
iwEbHDY.jpg

iLLmAtlc

Okay, I created the custom ispw, no problems. Got into DFU using your instructions, but when I click "Pwned DFU", I have a "USB communication problem".
iwEbHDY.jpg

That's a pretty common problem with the latest version of redsnow and 3G I think, it happened to me too. That's ok, try 9.14b2 or another older version of redsnow on your computer first. Ps you only have to try the pwned dfu function and do not have to make the Ipsw again.

Banglish

That's a pretty common problem with the latest version of redsnow and 3G I think, it happened to me too. That's ok, try 9.14b2 or another older version of redsnow on your computer first. Ps you only have to try the pwned dfu function and do not have to make the Ipsw again.

The 9.14b2 version worked. So after it finished putting my iphone in Pwned DFU mode, I opened itunes and attempted restoring with the custom ispw, but I'm getting error 3194.

iLLmAtlc

The 9.14b2 version worked. So after it finished putting my iphone in Pwned DFU mode, I opened itunes and attempted restoring with the custom ispw, but I'm getting error 3194.

Wow that's so weird, pwned dfu is supposed to help by pass these errors.

What version of iTunes do you have?

Banglish

Ok it's probably not iTunes.

I think the wtf mode is our problem. Try this?

http://www.megaleecher.net/Fixing_iPhone_WTF_Mode

Hmm the problem here is that it requires the newer version of redsnow (09.15b3). So even though it has the ability to turn off the wtf mode, I can't proceed with pwned DFU mode because of the USB communication error.
Do you think there is a version without the communication error and ability to turn off wtf mode?

iLLmAtlc

Hmm the problem here is that it requires the newer version of redsnow (09.15b3). So even though it has the ability to turn off the wtf mode, I can't proceed with pwned DFU mode because of the USB communication error.

Ok try some different ways of getting into pwned dfu mode. For example, try going into pwned dfu on 9.14 redsniw by powering off your device and following redsnows instructions instead of the one I linked to earlier.

Also, try downloading iReb and using that to get into pwned dfu mode.

After each time, try restoring the no bb Ipsw in iTunes.

Banglish

Ok try some different ways of getting into pwned dfu mode. For example, try going into pwned dfu on 9.14 redsniw by powering off your device and following redsnows instructions instead of the one I linked to earlier.

Also, try downloading iReb and using that to get into pwned dfu mode.

After each time, try restoring the no bb Ipsw in iTunes.

I tried following the instructions on redsnow to put it into pwned DFU but because it is in the recovery loop it won't allow me to proceed. So instead I put it into DFU mode before I enter the pwned DFU, which allows me to get a pwned DFU, but after I restore I still get error 3194.

Same thing happened with iReb, I was able to put it into pwned DFU mode, but same error.
I'm not even sure if I am in pwned DFU really because in redsnow it's saying wtf mode.

iLLmAtlc

I tried following the instructions on redsnow to put it into pwned DFU but because it is in the recovery loop it won't allow me to proceed. So instead I put it into DFU mode before I enter the pwned DFU, which allows me to get a pwned DFU, but after I restore I still get error 3194.

Same thing happened with iReb, I was able to put it into pwned DFU mode, but same error.
I'm not even sure if I am in pwned DFU really because in redsnow it's saying wtf mode.

Yeah I think the wtf mode is def the problem. But I have an idea lets try this:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23009

For you select the 4.2.1 Ipsw. If successful goto redsnow and try to enter into pwned dfu mode and restore the no bb immediately. Fingers crossed

iLLmAtlc

No luck, error 3194. :(

I did some research on the issue and it seems 4.2.1 has a problem with the recovery loop. Some guides said to try to restore 4.1 IPSW instead, and according to SHSH wikiSHSH you should still be able to restore to that version

Now once you complete the restore you should end up in the recovery loop again. From here, you should have more luck using iREB to kick out of the recovery loop. If not, try going into DFU mode again and see if you can get out of the WTF mode.

Good luck and please post back with progress

Banglish

I did some research on the issue and it seems 4.2.1 has a problem with the recovery loop. Some guides said to try to restore 4.1 IPSW instead, and according to SHSH wikiSHSH you should still be able to restore to that version

Now once you complete the restore you should end up in the recovery loop again. From here, you should have more luck using iREB to kick out of the recovery loop. If not, try going into DFU mode again and see if you can get out of the WTF mode.

Good luck and please post back with progress

To restore to 4.1 do I need to put the phone in pwned DFU or regular DFU mode??

Banglish

Just regular dfu I think

Also I should clarify that if u can get on dfu after successfully restoring to 4.1 try to get into pwned dfu and restore your 4.2.1 no bb.

I'm keeping redsnow open to see what mode I'm in when I try to restore. I am able to successfully put the phone in DFU mode but when I click okay on itunes where it says, "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used", it automatically goes into WTF mode. I tried to restore to 4.1 anyway but I'm still getting error 3194.

iLLmAtlc

I'm keeping redsnow open to see what mode I'm in when I try to restore. I am able to successfully put the phone in DFU mode but when I click okay on itunes where it says, "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used", it automatically goes into WTF mode. I tried to restore to 4.1 anyway but I'm still getting error 3194.

Can you restore to 4.1 straight from the recovery mode screen?

123rl

I know the answer but I'll ask anyway - I've had to exchange my faulty iPhone today. I've been given a new phone on 6.1.4 so I can't jailbreak, right? I'll miss my jailbreak but I'm happy to have a working phone again

123rl

The charge port was faulty and my phone wouldn't charge up. When it did, it would connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect etc with even the slightest tap or knock. Little faults and glitches, I could have lived with but this was serious and had to fixed

ChanHuk

Banned
I think I broke my jailbreak guys. I did a restore from backup and Cydia and apps were still there. They just won't integrate with iOS. Am I screwed?

ChanHuk

Banned
Had to get my 5 replaced and of course the new one came with the latest ios. Just to be sure, there is no way I can go back right?

You and I should be friends, I had to go into Apple and they replaced my front display. Of course I had to revert back to stock :(

Gonna jump on iOS7 I suppose.

You and I should be friends, I had to go into Apple and they replaced my front display. Of course I had to revert back to stock :(

Gonna jump on iOS7 I suppose.

Pretty much. That's what I keep telling myself. I probably would have dumped it to check out ios7 when it drops like I did when ios6 came out.

Yeah I know. Now every time I slide to view a text notification and its prompts me for my unlock code, I stare at it for a second not knowing what to do next lol. Seems so wrong. Apple will probably have bitesms style texting on ios9 at the rate they adopt jailbreak stuff.

pulga

Banned
I think Im in some serious fucking shit

So, Im on a jailbroken iPhone 5 with 6.1.2, was stupidly trying to directly upgrade to 6.1.4.

Now Im stuck in a recovery loop. TinyUmbrella won't exit the recovery loop, and I cant for the life of me go into DFU mode.

Im also getting a 3194 error on iTunes.

What the fuck do I do now?

Shaneus

So I've just received a replacement iPad 3 refurb from Apple (lost my other one) and it's 6.1.3. I'm boned, aren't I?

Is there any harm in upgrading to the iOS7 beta? Can I downgrade to 6.1.3 if so?

Probably the wrong thread, but figured I'd try here anyway :)

TUSR

Banned
So I've just received a replacement iPad 3 refurb from Apple (lost my other one) and it's 6.1.3. I'm boned, aren't I?

Is there any harm in upgrading to the iOS7 beta? Can I downgrade to 6.1.3 if so?

Probably the wrong thread, but figured I'd try here anyway :)

You can downgrade to 6.1.3 with a backup easily. Because Apple is still signing 6.1.3

And yeah, you're boned

Shaneus

You can downgrade to 6.1.3 with a backup easily. Because Apple is still signing 6.1.3

And yeah, you're boned
Ah, bugger. At least I can play with 7b then. Damn, I'll miss... pretty much fucking everything :( (colour correction probably the biggest, funnily enough)

iLLmAtlc

I think Im in some serious fucking shit

So, Im on a jailbroken iPhone 5 with 6.1.2, was stupidly trying to directly upgrade to 6.1.4.

Now Im stuck in a recovery loop. TinyUmbrella won't exit the recovery loop, and I cant for the life of me go into DFU mode.

Im also getting a 3194 error on iTunes.

What the fuck do I do now?

When you are using Tiny Umbrella to kick out of recovery loop, do you see an instance where the screen goes black before the apple logo appears again? If you do, try to start the DFU actions as soon as the screen goes black (hold power + sleep, etc). If you don't remember them have redsn0w open and follow the on-screen instructions.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone following the Unthreaded JB people? o.o They claim that they want to release a 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and iOS 7 Beta jailbreak and so far it looks like there is a chance of 50/50 for them to be fake or not, they did release a 5.x Jailbreak for CDMA phones which wasn't available before so they atleast seem to have some creditability.

TUSR

Banned
Just out of curiosity, is anyone following the Unthreaded JB people? o.o They claim that they want to release a 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and iOS 7 Beta jailbreak and so far it looks like there is a chance of 50/50 for them to be fake or not, they did release a 5.x Jailbreak for CDMA phones which wasn't available before so they atleast seem to have some creditability.

They really didn't do the legwork for that jailbreak. People think that Unthreaded is someone else in the community, like Geohot.

I just wanna share the two tweaks I found this week that I really liked.

NCEnough - shortens the notification center to just fit items in it. 99 cents
9412223282_16cc5274b0_o.jpg

LS Squares - LS with some useful info. free
9412222954_c2473400f3_o.jpg

I'd really like to hear some recommendations from you guys, keep finding nice tweaks everyday but only keep the ones I really like.

Shaneus

I've never heard of them before. Hopefully they announce something that doesn't double-up or risk something that evad3rs are using for iOS7. I'm guessing there'd be a number of holes they know about already which have been patched with the latest beta but still work on 6.1.3/4. Hope so, at least.

If the JB they have for 6.1.3 is the same as the 7 beta, my guess is that they'll hold off until the full release of 7 or even the first point release (7.0.1?) so that people get the earliest/best version of it that Apple have bugfixed (the first release of 7 will likely have stacks of bugs/"features" to be fixed).

Yeah. There's a lot I like about iOS7, but iFile and making Google Maps the default are kinda non-negotiable.
I'm liking it more than I thought, but I only realised last night that the SIM I have that allows tethering on my 4S and SGS1 for some reason DOESN'T allow it on my iPad... so TetherMe is practically the only thing I'd want to JB for (and the colour tweaker). The rest of the stuff they included is almost enough to keep me happy/interested.

They really didn't do the legwork for that jailbreak. People think that Unthreaded is someone else in the community, like Geohot.

Ah okay I see that's interesting :eek:

I've never heard of them before. Hopefully they announce something that doesn't double-up or risk something that evad3rs are using for iOS7. I'm guessing there'd be a number of holes they know about already which have been patched with the latest beta but still work on 6.1.3/4. Hope so, at least.

If the JB they have for 6.1.3 is the same as the 7 beta, my guess is that they'll hold off until the full release of 7 or even the first point release (7.0.1?) so that people get the earliest/best version of it that Apple have bugfixed (the first release of 7 will likely have stacks of bugs/"features" to be fixed).

Hmm yeah I have the same hope as you, if they have a few holes for 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 that won't affect future iOS7 jailbreaks I would be happy because the lack of a jailbreak is the only thing that stops me from picking up my iPhone 5 that is waiting for me at T-Mobile and I already have a person waiting for my current iPhone 4 so the faster a jailbreak for 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 come the better (And I will be so selfish to say that I don't care much about iOS 7 because I don't really like the new aesthetics but that's of course just my opinion :p)

Top Bottom