• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Have any of you had a problem with songs not playing on a JB'd iPhone?

10-20% of the time if I click on an item in my library (on the phone) it will quickly skip to the end of the song as if it's done playing, and move to the next one.

This happens with songs, podcasts etc.

Anybody seen this? I don't have "remember playback position" enabled for the majority of these items so it isn't that.

LegoDad

PalaceBrother said:

10-20% of the time if I click on an item in my library (on the phone) it will quickly skip to the end of the song as if it's done playing, and move to the next one.

Anybody seen this? I don't have "remember playback position" enabled for the majority of these items so it isn't that.

I have this issue, just thought my songs were corrupted or something.

njean777

graywolf323 said:
nice now I don't have to worry when 4.3 comes out :-D

doesnt work on windows? all i see are dmg's. Also if i have 4.2.1 on my ipad non-jailbroken how do i use pwnage tool to jailbreak it? I only know the greenpoison way....

Ashhong

PalaceBrother said:

If you click that song again does it skip to the end again? Have you tried resyncing the song?

Ashhong said:
If you click that song again does it skip to the end again? Have you tried resyncing the song?

50% of the time it will skip again, sometimes it will play though.

The weird thing is it will play 100% of the time if I go into the album screen (upper right button) and select the song.

What do you mean by resyncing the song? Like unchecking, syncing and checking again? I could try that...but it happens regularly for podcasts that aren't permanent fixtures on the device.

the-iek

I'm on 4.1 right now and would like to update my phone to 4.2. What are my options without having to reinstall all my Cydia apps again?

Can anyone explain to me why I couldn't JB my 3GS 4.2.1 using Pwnage Tool? I tried a couple of times, the package got compiled nicely, then I restored, but no dice - activate/don't activate, still wouldn't install and run Cydia (the icon appeared but it was not working).

Finally I installed greenpois0n and without the need to restore and back-up anything I have a jailbroken 3GS.

Any reason for that?

giga

Find My iPhone is completely GPS and IP based right? It’s activated on my phone but I can’t get it to locate me or do any of the other features on me.com.

iPhone 4, 4.2.1/01.59.00, T-Mobile, hacktivated. GPS and Wi-Fi both work fine.

dream said:
So what's the best way to fix the iBooks bug? Rejailbreak? Or is there a patch I can download?
Someone posted it above.

golem

giga said:
Find My iPhone is completely GPS and IP based right? It’s activated on my phone but I can’t get it to locate me or do any of the other features on me.com.

iPhone 4, 4.2.1/01.59.00, T-Mobile, hacktivated. GPS and Wi-Fi both work fine.
It works on my iPhone 4 on T-mobile but its an unlocked one not hacktivated. Does it work when youre wifi only?

giga

golem said:
It works on my iPhone 4 on T-mobile but its an unlocked one not hacktivated. Does it work when youre wifi only?
Nope. Same deal when it’s just wifi. Ultrasnow or the hacktivate method in PwnageTool must be doing something I assume. Racking my brain trying to figure out what else could be conflicting it.

njc4z

Is it supposed to show Inactive in the push settings? The Find My iPhone switch is set to On in the MobileMe preferences.

odc3m

giga

Figured it out guys! Doing the “hacktivation" method (I did it via pwnagetool) was causing the conflict. I couldn’t get push notifications because my certificate wasn’t unique (60 other people had the same one. Use push checker to see if yours is unique.).

Basically had to remake/restore a custom firmware with Pwnage and make sure to uncheck their fake activation method using Expert Mode. So to activate it after I restored, I just used an old AT&T sim and plugged it into iTunes. Voila. Unique push certificate and activated now. Works now!

wrmnj

Ok, so I got to the point where I have Loader on screen. But when I touch it, Loader won't load. I've tried the jailbreak twice with the same results.

angelfly

How easy is jailbreaking an AppleTV (gen2) compared to iPhone and the Touch? I assume this is the right thread to ask since it's also based on iOS (at least I think it is). I was planning to get one for my parents and sticking XBMC on it.

angelfly said:
How easy is jailbreaking an AppleTV (gen2) compared to iPhone and the Touch? I assume this is the right thread to ask since it's also based on iOS (at least I think it is). I was planning to get one for my parents and sticking XBMC on it.

It's pretty easy and quick to do. It's just a tad more complicated to get it into DFU mode but not really that bad. It's only slightly more complicated cuz you have to deal with a power cable and the AppleTV doesn't have a screen.

Hellsing321 said:
I'm having a hard time trying to get subtitles to display from MKVs on XBMC for AppleTV 2. Does anyone here an expert on XBMC?

Which revision of XBMC do you have? I know when it first came out, subtitles were an issue that was being worked on. I'm not sure if it has been resolved yet or not.

giga

Lagspike_exe said:
Can you unlock a new iPhone 4? My friend wants to import one from the States, but I'm not sure if it's possible for him to use it over here.
01.59.00 is the only unlockable baseband. Pretty rare to find these days in the US. He should go to a country where they have factory unlocked ones like Canada.

angelfly

Marty Chinn said:
It's pretty easy and quick to do. It's just a tad more complicated to get it into DFU mode but not really that bad. It's only slightly more complicated cuz you have to deal with a power cable and the AppleTV doesn't have a screen.
Thanks, was going to get them a Boxee Box but with ATV being $100 cheaper running regular XBMC it seems like a better option.

okno

So, I have a 3GS jailbroken on 4.0 (did the jailbreakme.com trick last summer). I'm about to get myself a laptop (likely a MacBook), and it just hit me today that when I get the laptop I am naturally going to want to link my phone to my laptop...

I'm scared, to say the least. What are my options? I know to link a phone to a computer I have to do a full refresh of the phone, which will in turn mean I must download the latest firmware, correct? Is there any work around for this? I really, really, really don't want to lose all my cydia apps :( It would kill me to go back to the regular text app..

Dez

okno said:
So, I have a 3GS jailbroken on 4.0 (did the jailbreakme.com trick last summer). I'm about to get myself a laptop (likely a MacBook), and it just hit me today that when I get the laptop I am naturally going to want to link my phone to my laptop...

I'm scared, to say the least. What are my options? I know to link a phone to a computer I have to do a full refresh of the phone, which will in turn mean I must download the latest firmware, correct? Is there any work around for this? I really, really, really don't want to lose all my cydia apps :( It would kill me to go back to the regular text app..
Linking your phone to your computer will not require you to update your firmware.

RS4-

Anyone have their wifi randomly dropping or not being able to connect until you reconnect within settings? Just noticed it happening today, haven't updated anything important from Cydia in a week or so

Edit - nm, uninstalled lockinfo last night and snowcover a few days ago because the latter randomly crashes and goes into safe mode

LegoDad

RS4- said:
Anyone have their wifi randomly dropping or not being able to connect until you reconnect within settings? Just noticed it happening today, haven't updated anything important from Cydia in a week or so

just started having this issue as well.

Pctx

Banned
okno said:

Okno....

I was in the same boat.

I downloaded the DevTeams latest (GreenPoison works the same), created an IPSW off my old 4.0.1 jailbreak, ran the whole DFU mode (which is a huge pain in the ass.... IMO... screen wasn't even on when I was in DFU mode.... WTF!?) of which you run the restore, put the custom firmware in place and then run a restore once the phone reboots. Process takes about 15-20 minutes. BTW, this was done a mac if you're wondering.

After my sync is done, I'll log back into Cydia, re-download my apps and be on the latest firmware.

Could somebody summarise the extent of customisation for a jailbreak? I've read the OP and other sites, and I keep seeing words like, limitless, free, open etc. I have also noticed that to experience the iPhone (or Apple product) without restrictions, you will be using apps from Cydia which you wouldn't otherwise be able to achieve.

So by JB-ing, you will be able to fully utilise your product's capabilities without restrictions, but only if you have the right app? Is that a reasonable summary?

I also looked at Cydia and there's no search function. Are the only available apps already on display in the 'featured' and 'products' page?

Thanks

Axion22

33-Hit-Combo said:
Could somebody summarise the extent of customisation for a jailbreak? I've read the OP and other sites, and I keep seeing words like, limitless, free, open etc. I have also noticed that to experience the iPhone (or Apple product) without restrictions, you will be using apps from Cydia which you wouldn't otherwise be able to achieve.

So by JB-ing, you will be able to fully utilise your product's capabilities without restrictions, but only if you have the right app? Is that a reasonable summary?

I also looked at Cydia and there's no search function. Are the only available apps already on display in the 'featured' and 'products' page?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what your summary means. Cydia is basically just an "underground" app store. To get Cydia, you need to be jailbroken.

The search function is in the Cydia app.

Axion22 said:
I'm not quite sure what your summary means. Cydia is basically just an "underground" app store. To get Cydia, you need to be jailbroken.

The search function is in the Cydia app.

Oh okay. It's just that I googled Cydia and thought that the website was where the collection of apps were.

Blackhead

Redarse
33-Hit-Combo said:

Thanks
we need a better op

Charred Greyface said:
A mod might be willing to edit this OP, if someone provides a new writeup.

I support this! I'm interested in what it can do as I lack the knowledge and everything I've read appears very vague

Ashhong

BigNastyCurve said:
Verizon iPhone 4 here. 4.2.6? Are there any drawbacks to jailbreaking right now? Anything that doesn't work properly?

There almost never is.

However I have seen reports of MMS not working, but also seen plenty of successful jailbreaks.

Top Bottom