• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

LogicStep

freshair said:
You should be able to as long as the baseband are one of these:

01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00.

and not:

05.14.02 and 05.15.04.
That is the modem firmware? Mine is 03.10.01

freshair

zazrx said:
That is the modem firmware? Mine is 03.10.01

Yes, the modem software. I amended my post with a few more unsupported basebands with ultrasnow 1.2.2 and it looks like that one is unsupported :(

General rule of thumb is that if you updated you're iphone to a recent firmware without jailbreaking it or using tinyumbrella then you have upgraded the baseband and you will almost certainly not be able to unlock it until the dev team cracks the new baseband, which doesn't happen too often.

zychi

Banned
Any word on ipad2 jailbreak? Google leads me to a bunch of "the ipad 2 is jailbroken!" articles from march, and sites that just want you to buy some bs software

freshair

zychi said:
Any word on ipad2 jailbreak? Google leads me to a bunch of "the ipad 2 is jailbroken!" articles from march, and sites that just want you to buy some bs software

not yet! but getting close...

9LGi9.png

:)

rc213

dallow_bg said:
I wanted to save my SHSH for my iPad 2 which is still on the original 4.3.

Never used TinyUmbrella before but it seemed straightforward.

The log however says this:

Code:
04/26/2011 23:13:53.154 Caching shsh files... 
04/26/2011 23:13:53.170 Found [0] shsh files to cache... 
04/26/2011 23:13:53.175 Cached [0] shsh files 
04/26/2011 23:13:53.186 Device connected: iPad 
04/26/2011 23:13:53.192 Loaded History... 
04/26/2011 23:13:53.258 Loaded History... 
04/26/2011 23:14:33.209 Started saving SHSHs for [iPad] 
04/26/2011 23:14:38.522 This device isn't eligible for the requested build.  
04/26/2011 23:14:38.528 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad2WIFI 4.3 (8F191) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. 
04/26/2011 23:14:47.406 You have saved your iPad2WIFI 4.3.2 (8H7) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version. 
04/26/2011 23:15:25.419 This device isn't eligible for the requested build.  
04/26/2011 23:15:25.427 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad2WIFI 4.3.1 (8G4) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. 
04/26/2011 23:15:25.434 Finished saving SHSHs for [iPad]
04/26/2011 23:15:25.516 Caching shsh files... 
04/26/2011 23:15:25.526 Found [1] shsh files to cache... 
04/26/2011 23:15:25.533 Cached [1] shsh files

Is that normal?
Just wondering why it says it saved 4.3.2 when I don't have that FW. And the "device isn't eligible" notes.

TinyUmbrella/Cydia/iSHSHit can only save a SHSH blob for the firmware Apple is signing only. Once a new version is released they usually leave a couple weeks before they stop signing the older firmware.

They may be waiting to see what Apple has in store for us regarding the iPhone 5 or 4S or whatever they end up calling it. If it sticks to the regular release schedule instead of august or september like people think, then it may make more sense to just hold onto the jailbreak for now.

Guys one question, what do you´ll know about those FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONE 4 that APPLE sells in EUROPE and some parts of the US and even EBAY, what does that means?

Right now i am going to Spain, if i buy a factory unlocked iphone 4 in spain and i use a MOVISTAR chip in SPAIN, when i go back to the US can i put a T-MOBILE chip and it works in the US or not?

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Guys one question, what do you´ll know about those FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONE 4 that APPLE sells in EUROPE and some parts of the US and even EBAY, what does that means?

Right now i am going to Spain, if i buy a factory unlocked iphone 4 in spain and i use a MOVISTAR chip in SPAIN, when i go back to the US can i put a T-MOBILE chip and it works in the US or not?

It will work with any gsm carrier in the world, which is most of them, but you won't be able to use T-Mobile 3g as it uses different bands so you'd be stuck on edge.

LyleLanley said:
It will work with any gsm carrier in the world, which is most of them, but you won't be able to use T-Mobile 3g as it uses different bands so you'd be stuck on edge.

Ok so its confirmed that if a buy a UNLOCKED FACTORY IPHONE 4 it works with any GSM carrier of the world, the only downside is the 3G conection.

Ashhong said:
They are also easy to flip for about 600$ if you can buy them cheaper than that.

So i can buy a Unlocked Factory Iphone 4 for $600 or less, is that right, can you tell me where please.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Ok so its confirmed that if a buy a UNLOCKED FACTORY IPHONE 4 it works with any GSM carrier of the world, the only downside is the 3G conection.

So i can buy a Unlocked Factory Iphone 4 for $600 or less, is that right, can you tell me where please.

Yes, if you buy a factory unlocked iphone 4 it will work with any GSM carrier. It may or may not work with 3G depending on the carrier, but at the very least it will work as a phone.

As for the price, I seriously doubt you can get an unlocked phone for less than $600. Here is the Hong Kong website where they sell it unlocked. http://store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

The price ranges from about $640 to $770

LyleLanley said:
Yes, if you buy a factory unlocked iphone 4 it will work with any GSM carrier. It may or may not work with 3G depending on the carrier, but at the very least it will work as a phone.

As for the price, I seriously doubt you can get an unlocked phone for less than $600. Here is the Hong Kong website where they sell it unlocked. http://store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

The price ranges from about $640 to $770

Thanks very much for the information, i am so happy because if i found one in my trip in europe i´ll buy it and be confident that will work with any carrier, so awesome.

Ashhong

Ebay regularly has them for about 650$. I said 600$ because that's how much you would make after fees/shipping if you sold one. I didn't mean you could get one for that cheap. However Canada sells them contractless for about 600$ USD the last time I checked.

Ashhong said:
Ebay regularly has them for about 650$. I said 600$ because that's how much you would make after fees/shipping if you sold one. I didn't mean you could get one for that cheap. However Canada sells them contractless for about 600$ USD the last time I checked.

Just to be clear, contractless doesn't always mean unlocked. As is the case with AT&T here in america.

Ashhong

LyleLanley said:
Just to be clear, contractless doesn't always mean unlocked. As is the case with AT&T here in america.

I didn't mean for that interpretation. Canadian iPhones are unlocked, and I was just stating the price of a contractless iPhone.

Kirby102

Hmm, I'm trying to update my iPhone 4 to 4.3.2 (originally I wanted to restore my iOS 4.3.1, but it's not signed anymore), but it seems that I am not able to... What am I doing wrong?

- Trying to restore to 4.3.2 via Apple's server, it's giving me the 10xx error
- Tried kicking it out of recovery using TinyUmbrella, still looping to the recovery screen
- Tried to restore to 4.3.2 via TSS Server, since I have the SHSH for it, still giving me the 10xx error.

Please help :( Phone's been stuck like this for an hour or so at least.

rc213

Kirby102 said:
Hmm, I'm trying to update my iPhone 4 to 4.3.2 (originally I wanted to restore my iOS 4.3.1, but it's not signed anymore), but it seems that I am not able to... What am I doing wrong?

- Tried kicking it out of recovery using TinyUmbrella, still looping to the recovery screen
- Tried to restore to 4.3.2 via TSS Server, since I have the SHSH for it, still giving me the 10xx error.

You don't care about baseband? If so, Go into Tinyumbrella > Advanced > Uncheck Set hosts to cydia

Kirby102

rc213 said:
You don't care about baseband? If so, Go into Tinyumbrella > Advanced > Uncheck Set hosts to cydia
My iPhone 4 is already unlocked, and it's still reporting back with the 10xx error loop. :\ (iTunes 10.2.2 in case no one knew)

rc213

Kirby102 said:
My iPhone 4 is already unlocked, and it's still reporting back with the 10xx error loop. :\ (iTunes 10.2.2 in case no one knew)

Try fixrecovery from the tinyumbrella site.

Kirby102

rc213 said:
Try fixrecovery from the tinyumbrella site.
I'm running it, it seems that each time I open it, it closes all instances of iTunes, which is weird since it needs friggen iTunes and iTunesHelper.

*biggest rage fit imminent* :p Thanks for replying so quickly :)

rc213

Kirby102 said:
I'm running it, it seems that each time I open it, it closes all instances of iTunes, which is weird since it needs friggen iTunes and iTunesHelper.

*biggest rage fit imminent* :p Thanks for replying so quickly :)

I feel your pain, Just last Sat/Sunday I was raging when I spent about 4hrs trying to get my 3GS to 4.3.2 while maintaining the baseband.

Was wondering if someone who knows css can help me fix this widget im using

It is the weather/date widget that can be found here:
http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16809357

when i enable it through winterboard it looks fine, but i only want it on my first page so I decided to enable it through PerPageHTML+ instead and when I do that its not lined up properly

here are 2 screenshots comparing it on winterboard vs PerPageHTML+

2mqnnnr.jpg

2i1mnh5.jpg

and here is the code for the .css file, I have no idea what im supposed to change to make the entire thing move up, any help would be appreciated:

Code:
#city{
  display:none;
  position:absolute; width:320px; height:480px; top:-50px; right:0px; down:0px; left:50px; 
  text-align:center;
  font-family:Helvetica;
//font-weight:bold;
  font-size:11px;
  color:#ffffff;
  text-shadow:0px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);
  text-transform:uppercase;
  margin-top:0px;
  padding-right:0px;
//opacity:0.7;
  z-index:14;
}

#temp{
//display:none;
  position:absolute; width:320px; height:480px; top:-20px; right:0px; down:0px; left:134px; 
  font-size:10px;
  margin-top:0px;
  opacity:1.0;
}

#desc{
  display:none;
  position:absolute; width:320px; height:480px; top:-30px; right:0px; down:0px; left:75px;
  font-size:11px;
  letter-spacing:0.1em;
}

#weatherIcon{
//display:none;
  position:absolute; width:320px; height:480px; top:-58px; right:0px; down:0px; left:225px;
  height:70;
  width:70;
}

#WeatherContainer{
    background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);
}

#TextContainer{
  font-weight:bold;
  font-size:55px;
}

#TextContainer p{
  margin:0;
}

td#pagewrap_temp{ 
  position:absolute; 
  width:640px; 
  height:960px; 
  top:-242px; 
  left:-162px; 
  overflow:hidden; 
  -webkit-transform:scale(0.5);
}

Ashhong said:
I didn't mean for that interpretation. Canadian iPhones are unlocked, and I was just stating the price of a contractless iPhone.

Oh, I know you didn't mean that I just wanted to make sure others knew that. Wouldn't want someone spending $600 on a locked phone from AT&T.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
rc213 said:
TinyUmbrella/Cydia/iSHSHit can only save a SHSH blob for the firmware Apple is signing only. Once a new version is released they usually leave a couple weeks before they stop signing the older firmware.
That explains it thanks!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
dallow_bg said:
That explains it thanks!

To add to that, the more SHSH blobs you have stored (locally or via Cydia), the greater your options for downgrading your firmware, should you want to. Now that you have the 4.3.2 blob saved, you'll be able to return to 4.3.2 even once Apple pushes 4.3.3 through and stops signing 4.3.2.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Kirby102 said:

Did you ever resolve this?
Are you trying to install vanilla 4.3.2?
An error 1003 (IIRC) is normal if you're using TinyUmbrella to preserve the baseband, and all it means is that the baseband update failed (which is what you want). The next logical step in most JB tutorials would be to power into DFU recovery mode and use a JB app (such as greenpois0n) to JB the vanilla FW you just installed.

With 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, the old limera1n and greenpois0n apps are no longer supported, so you should be using PwnTunes, redsn0w or sn0wbreeze (depending on your needs and PC OS) to install 4.3.x. For preserving baseband and installing via a Windows PC, sn0wbreeze is recommended, in which case you don't need TinyUmbrella at all, as what sn0wbreeze does is take that vanilla 4.3.2 IPSW file and convert it into a custom 4.3.2 IPSW for you to install via iTunes. With sn0wbreeze you have the option to install a "clean" and non-JB'ed version of 4.3.2, or a JB'ed 4.3.2. Regardless of which way you go, sn0wbreeze will ALWAYS preserve baseband (which is why you don't need TSS.

Kirby102

Mejilan said:
Did you ever resolve this?
Are you trying to install vanilla 4.3.2?
An error 1003 (IIRC) is normal if you're using TinyUmbrella to preserve the baseband, and all it means is that the baseband update failed (which is what you want). The next logical step in most JB tutorials would be to power into DFU recovery mode and use a JB app (such as greenpois0n) to JB the vanilla FW you just installed.

With 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, the old limera1n and greenpois0n apps are no longer supported, so you should be using PwnTunes, redsn0w or sn0wbreeze (depending on your needs and PC OS) to install 4.3.x. For preserving baseband and installing via a Windows PC, sn0wbreeze is recommended, in which case you don't need TinyUmbrella at all, as what sn0wbreeze does is take that vanilla 4.3.2 IPSW file and convert it into a custom 4.3.2 IPSW for you to install via iTunes. With sn0wbreeze you have the option to install a "clean" and non-JB'ed version of 4.3.2, or a JB'ed 4.3.2. Regardless of which way you go, sn0wbreeze will ALWAYS preserve baseband (which is why you don't need TSS.
I got it to work eventually, yeah... it just confused me how I had everything well and proper, and still didn't update.

I got the 1013 error, but yeah I was using redsn0w, since I pretty much just wanted a JB solution.

Thanks for the note though :D

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So I finally updated from jailbroke 4.0.0 to the latest firmware and broke it with redsn0w. I'm noticing worse battery life. Anyway to fix it?

figured out how to get the SB-Widget lined up properly with PerPageHTML, if anyone wants to use it I can send you my files

28i6ecy.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a weather icon pack that looks the same as the icons in the default iOS weather app that could be used with this widget?

W0n6s.png

using PerPageHTML so the weather widget only shows up on the first page, and gridlock to move the icons to the bottom row, it is fully animated but im pretty sure it rapes the battery :(

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
ant1532 said:
just got a white iphone 4!!! Can anyone help me jailbreak it!!!???(4.3.2 version)

I just jailbroke my phone today for the tethering. I was actually going to pay the extra $30 a month and I've had an iPhone since the 2007 launch, none of them have been jailbroken. Today AT&T tried to con me out of giving up my unlimited plan without telling me. I was so pissed I jailbroke it.

All you need to do is google: "GreenPoison iPhone". Click on your respective OS and download. Follow the steps as the app guides you. It's very simple. I would encourage you to watch a YouTube video on how to do it just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uph6BE0BopI

Use that video to guide you. It's the exact same thing on OSX, in-case you were wondering.

dream

UltimaKilo said:
I just jailbroke my phone today for the tethering. I was actually going to pay the extra $30 a month and I've had an iPhone since the 2007 launch, none of them have been jailbroken. Today AT&T tried to con me out of giving up my unlimited plan without telling me. I was so pissed I jailbroke it.

All you need to do is google: "GreenPoison iPhone". Click on your respective OS and download. Follow the steps as the app guides you. It's very simple. I would encourage you to watch a YouTube video on how to do it just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uph6BE0BopI

Use that video to guide you. It's the exact same thing on OSX, in-case you were wondering.

I don't want to be that guy but you should probably read this.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
dream said:
I don't want to be that guy but you should probably read this.

Yeah I know. I'm going to change the TLL of my computer tomorrow as soon as I learn how to do it on OSX 10.6. Fuck them, I've been a loyal customer for 20 years and they tried to con me out of my unlimited plan. I have, and have had, home phones (x3), DSL and two cell phones with the company for a long, long time.

bob page

So there's a new app on Cydia called DataDeposit that backs up game saves/app settings do Dropbox and auto restores them when you reinstall your phone or get a new one.

Using a quick test of backing up a game save and deleting/reinstalling the app, then restoring using DataDeposit, it worked perfectly.

PS. It's free!

rc213

bob page said:
So there's a new app on Cydia called DataDeposit that backs up game saves/app settings do Dropbox and auto restores them when you reinstall your phone or get a new one.

Using a quick test of backing up a game save and deleting/reinstalling the app, then restoring using DataDeposit, it worked perfectly.

PS. It's free!

Nice, Will give it a shot once 4.3.3 is jailbroken/unlocked.

rc213

iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Jailbreak is out as well as update to ultrasn0w 1.2.3.

… three in a row! Apple released iOS 4.3.3 on Wednesday, and once again the untethered jailbreak exploit that @i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. We’re not exactly sure why Apple hasn’t fixed the hole yet, but we’re not complaining!

Today’s PwnageTool and redsn0w incorporate @i0n1c’s port to 4.3.3 (it’s ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesn’t even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak. The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:

iPhone3GS
iPhone4 (GSM)
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
iPad1
AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/5239805497/tic-tac-toe

Pachimari

Can't wait to jailbreak my iPhone again, but how do I check which baseband I have?

Edit: Found my answer.
I'm on baseband 04.10.01, can thatchers be unlocked?

rc213

Anastacio said:
Can't wait to jailbreak my iPhone again, but how do I check which baseband I have?

Edit: Found my answer.
I'm on baseband 04.10.01, can thatchers be unlocked?
No unlock yet for that baseband.

Pachimari

rc213 said:
Will it be months before i can unlock?
Now that I think about it, my past carrier said they unlocked it, can I then jailbreak it now and use it with my new carrier?

rc213 said:

Can anyone here confirm if 4.3.3 updates your baseband?

I'm also on 04.10.01, even though there's no unlock for it now, I like to begin thinking ahead and start preserving my baseband. Just in case if I go overseas this summer for a trip, I like to take my Locked phone with me and unlock it.

So what's my best options at this point? Since there's no unlock for my Baseband (04.10.01) Should I (might as well) carelessly update and jailbreak 4.3.3 through Redsn0W. Or someone can recommend me something else?

Thanks

Qatar

Anastacio said:
Will it be months before i can unlock?
Now that I think about it, my past carrier said they unlocked it, can I then jailbreak it now and use it with my new carrier?

a friend bought his iphone 4 about 5 months ago and the baseband is the same as yours, and still no unlock for it yet. so if an unlock to be released, I suppose it will take a long time

Top Bottom