• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

rc213

An easier way is to get a old AT&T sim, Even if it's deactivated. No need to hacktivate and notifications works great.

timnich

Semi-Tether has been updated. The Safari app is now functional after a reboot, whereas before you were required to re-tether to be able to use it. Definitely a step in the right direction towards a full on untethered JB.

timnich

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone tried the IntelliscreenX beta? It makes the notification center more full featured than what Apple released. The facebook, twitter and rss feed pages are very useful, and I currently have it set that pulling down on the Notification Center reveals a shelf with toggles similiar to SBSettings, but more polished. Very nice tweak for those with Jailbroken phones.

freshair

I'm using it on my 3GS and I find it very memory intensive on mine, even with FB and Twitter turned off.

Also they need to work with bitesms to get quick reply functional.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hmmm.. Does the iPod touch have enough RAM to handle both iOS5 and jailbreak tweaks? I have crashing apps and flushed browser pages and I haven't even jailbroke the device yet :/

Gaaraz

God damn, really want untethered now :(

Phone is starting to act up a little, and in particular whenever I jailbreak my 3G internet is really unreliable.

Any word yet on when they are going to jail break iOS 5?

I assume you mean untethered since a tethered break has been out forever. The word is "soon", as usual.

I'm more curious about unlocks. I haven't heard shit about unlocking newer basebands at all. Hope they're still being attempted.

I assume you mean untethered since a tethered break has been out forever. The word is "soon", as usual.

I'm more curious about unlocks. I haven't heard shit about unlocking newer basebands at all. Hope they're still being attempted.

I'm also waiting on unlocks. AT&T is the sole carrier not to provide unlock for their customers. I'll probably switch to Verizon when LTE iPhone comes out.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

It will likely be "soon" for some time. Hopefully by Christmas... :(

Is iBooks broken on jailbroken phones? I saw a fix last month but apparently it doesnt let you purchase books, and the only reason I want to use it is to buy one.

It just crashes out as soon as I boot it now on 5.0 jailbreak.

Gaaraz

Yup, iBooks isn't working for me either unfortunately.

Still awaiting an untethered jailbreak, going away on holiday in early December too so going to have to restore my phone and lose all of my awesome jailbreak features like BiteSMS and SBSettings ;_;

Omiee

hey guys, i never jailbreaked a device but recently got an ipad 2 and would love to jailbreak it.

is there a easy installation so i could still use all the installed apps like ibook etc?

also can i go back to a setting without jailbreak when i choose to?

i have ios5 installed on it.

i read some articles etc but it still looks difficult to me.

i would like to just download a thing on my ipad it self and make it work or something like that.

thanks in advance guys.

nvm i read somewhere a jailbreak for ios 5 and ipad 2 is still not here.

can i go back to ios 4 on my ipad 2 and than jailbreak it?

LegoDad

hey guys, i never jailbreaked a device but recently got an ipad 2 and would love to jailbreak it.

is there a easy installation so i could still use all the installed apps like ibook etc?

also can i go back to a setting without jailbreak when i choose to?

i have ios5 installed on it.

i read some articles etc but it still looks difficult to me.

i would like to just download a thing on my ipad it self and make it work or something like that.

thanks in advance guys.

nvm i read somewhere a jailbreak for ios 5 and ipad 2 is still not here.

can i go back to ios 4 on my ipad 2 and than jailbreak it?

Untethered Jailbreak and Unlock on the horizon right now, they just released news of both today and released a new tool to Macs, as well as a new program on cydia that sends diagnostic info of ios5 to cydia servers instead of Apple, therefore leading to new places to find hacks. Very Promising day today!

Omiee

Untethered Jailbreak and Unlock on the horizon right now, they just released news of both today and released a new tool to Macs, as well as a new program on cydia that sends diagnostic info of ios5 to cydia servers instead of Apple, therefore leading to new places to find hacks. Very Promising day today!

so we can expect a jailbreak for ipad 2 with ios 5 this week or very soon?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Links?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just came from checking redmondpie to post. I wouldn't say they're on the horizon at all, none of today's news implies they've made major progress on a jailbreak, just that they've created these tools for people to help them with finding an exploit.

The untethered is still quite far off it seems.

LegoDad

Just came from checking redmondpie to post. I wouldn't say they're on the horizon at all, none of today's news implies they've made major progress on a jailbreak, just that they've created these tools for people to help them with finding an exploit.

The untethered is still quite far off it seems.

They have had a untethered jailbreak being coded for over a month now for Iphone 4s.

I can't wait for an untethered JB. I've been running tethered for a month now and everytime my phone freezes or the springboard crashes while I'm at work, I almost lose it cause then my phone is useless and I'm stuck with nothing to do for hours and hours :l

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They have had a untethered jailbreak being coded for over a month now for Iphone 4s.

God damnit every post in this thread gets my hopes up :(

But even if it's been coding for a month, I still don't see it being released soon. They always test that stuff for weeks before they put out it out there, so then the public can actually test it.

Blackhead

Redarse

That doesn't mean much. It took 5 months before the untethered jailbreak for the iPad2 was ready. I'm expecting a christmas day present but who can say now that iOS 5.1 is on the horizon.

I can't wait for an untethered JB. I've been running tethered for a month now and everytime my phone freezes or the springboard crashes while I'm at work, I almost lose it cause then my phone is useless and I'm stuck with nothing to do for hours and hours :l

Semitethered Jailbreak Update

Gaaraz

I've been running the same jailbreak ever since iOS 5 comes out, it's mostly fine (a few problems here and there) but mostly annoyingly, since it's tethered, should my phone crash for whatever reason, I am absolutely screwed until I get it home and boot it via redsn0w.

I'm going away next weekend, and would be quite dependent on my phone (as a camera, navigation device, and all of the other usual things) and I'm worried that if it crashes I'll need to spend the weekend without it.

In this situation am I better off just installing iOS 5.0.1 and just leaving it without jailbreak until they release untethered? (not preferable since I find things like BiteSMS, SBSettings invaluable) or is there a way to put the semi-tethered install onto my phone at the moment? I've looked in Cydia and couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The post right above yours mentions the semi tethered jailbreak...

Gaaraz

Thank you, I was just wondering the best way to go about it, if I'd need to rejailbreak or update my phone etc. The 'SemiTethered' app in my Cydia looks dodgy as hell, definitely not a legit BigBoss app afaik

Thank you, I was just wondering the best way to go about it, if I'd need to rejailbreak or update my phone etc. The 'SemiTethered' app in my Cydia looks dodgy as hell, definitely not a legit BigBoss app afaik

If I'm not mistaken, SemiTether is made by Saurik- the guy who created the iOS jailbreak

Blackhead

Redarse
?! Which repos have you installed...

Gaaraz

?! Which repos have you installed...
That one was on Cydia.vn - I have no idea what it is ;_; I thought it was there by default?

Also I've had 3G problems with my iPhone 4 since jailbreaking iOS 5, it was fine for ages (months) but installing semitether seems to have bought those problems back. Damn.

I've always wondered if it's so hard to install a different OS on iOS devices. I know about that Android 2.2 port for the iPhone 3G, but never heard about anything beyond that. Why's that?

Top Bottom