• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

K1LLER7

Getting a Ipod Touch 4g tommorow and was thinking about Jailbraking. First time doing so, just wanted to know if anyone's had any problems with their device after the jailbrake?

Do you know if there is an app on Cydia that allows to tweak the iPhone screen white balance? I broke my iPhone screen, had it changed but it is now yellow tinted. I need to add some blue tint to retrieve my previous colors. Any idea?

Look up Color Profiles. It's about 2 bucks USD.

noah111

Still Alive
^Speaking of FaceTime, why isn't there any apps that allow me to video chat offline but over a local network?

I mean, all the iDevices in the house are connected to my MBP's network (regardless if i'm using the 3G dongle internet or not), so why can't we all video chat that way?

Blackhead

Redarse
^Speaking of FaceTime, why isn't there any apps that allow me to video chat offline but over a local network?

I mean, all the iDevices in the house are connected to my MBP's network (regardless if i'm using the 3G dongle internet or not), so why can't we all video chat that way?

I'm pretty sure I've seen walkie talkie and video conferencing apps in the AppStore. I dont think it's a feature that requires a jailbreak... I can't recommend any offthe top of my head but if you find a decent app please post a link in one of the iDevices threads.

So, since the release of the untethered ios 5 jailbreak iv found Dreamboard. Im blown away Current setup is.

Dreamboard

OS7 Revive

Winterboard
Grey HD
Edge binding SMS for iOS5 (custom)

(Click to make bigger)

Whats everyone else using?

Thank you SO MUCH. Just installed it and it's exactly what I was looking for :)

I remember seeing it on some website a month or so ago... I have the same issue :/ I couldn't remember the name so I did a quick google search and I only found one website that reported it was out, which was odd.

noah111

Still Alive
Anyone try out ScrollingBoard? It's absolutely great, replaced InfiniFolders and InfiniDock for me, and works better than FolderEnhancer as well from what i've seen.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
So after you paid for infinidock and infinifolders you uninstalled them and bought another JB tweak that duplicates their functionality?

Have you installed Installous yet?

noah111

Still Alive
So after you paid for infinidock and infinifolders you uninstalled them and bought another JB tweak that duplicates their functionality?

Have you installed Installous yet?
Baha I thought someone was going to bring that up. No not yet, but from what i've read on installous it wouldn't even work the get these tweaks anyway.

My friend actually uses infinifolder/dock, only tried it extensively. Folder enhancer i've seen in the vids/pics and it's sort of lame since it doesn't retain original UI iOS folders.

ScrollingBoard is the only tweak i've boughten besides multifl0w.

RDreamer

Just jailbroke again. It's so good to have lockinfo back. I can't believe apple hasn't paid the guy that does it and just had him make it official or something. The functionality is light years ahead of apples abysmal attempt at a notification center.

RedShift

BTW guys, I just got a iBooks fix working, iBooks is now installed as built in app. Not sure if it works with syncing from iTunes I haven't tried.

I did have to get it from one of the more... unsavoury repos, it involved downloading the iBooks app which I guess is copyrighted material. If anyone can't get it working try using the Fix Usr directory permissions option in SBSettings, that should help.

scorcho

Just jailbroke again. It's so good to have lockinfo back. I can't believe apple hasn't paid the guy that does it and just had him make it official or something. The functionality is light years ahead of apples abysmal attempt at a notification center.
Yep, still prefer lockinfo because Ashman is receptive over twitter and pumps out new builds sometimes on an hourly basis. I did end up disabling it in favor of the generic Notification Center. There are some bugs to be worked out with that, and in that case Apple provided enough features to make it work for me.

Yep, still prefer lockinfo because Ashman is receptive over twitter and pumps out new builds sometimes on an hourly basis. I did end up disabling it in favor of the generic Notification Center. There are some bugs to be worked out with that, and in that case Apple provided enough features to make it work for me.

See I just installed LockInfo, dicked around, then uninstalled it.

I just didn't really see any use in it. I couldn't open any messages in the lock screen, and because I have bitesms, the quick reply made little use of it. The only useful thing I saw it did was add my favorites to my lockscreen...but maybe I was just doing something wrong after I installed it.

Wish I could just get a good Winterboard theme working without having to tweak most of the icons to load properly.

Also, I can't reccommend Zypher enough. BEST tweak for multitasking if for nothing else than being able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Now my home button doesn't cry so much!

Zinga

Banned
I'm so happy to hear about progress on the iPad2 jb, pod2g is a genius! Though I don't expect it in a week I will be very grateful when I can get my hands on it :)

scorcho

I just didn't really see any use in it. I couldn't open any messages in the lock screen, and because I have bitesms, the quick reply made little use of it. The only useful thing I saw it did was add my favorites to my lockscreen...but maybe I was just doing something wrong after I installed it.
swipe to the right on the notification and select your options. one of them will be to launch the application.

it's a shame that pod2g turned off comments. i enjoyed reading the threats he received from teenagers who couldn't spell over the lack of an A5 release.

noah111

Still Alive
Is it better than that new IntseliScreenX (or w/e it's called) that someone posted a last page?

I'm thinking of getting something like this, but ALL I WANT is to be able to slide down the default notification center from the lock screen. Other than that, i'm totally satisfied with my lock screen.

Also got AndroidLock which is awesome, alongside StyleUnlock, so if I want to unlock fast I use a gesture only I know, but anyone else just tries to slide to unlock needs to enter my grid pattern. :D

PS. Everyone should try out SBRotator 5, it's fucking great, made by the same folks who did ScrollingBoard which I highly recommend.

I tried IntelliScreenX. It's doing the all the right things but it just does that slow and clunky. I took it off. I used to have LockInfo so I'll go back to that and see how well it works with IOS5.

scorcho

Mxjd5.jpg

never used another lockscreen software, but have been using lockinfo since iOS3. he's optimized the code quite a bit to where it's even faster than it was a few months ago. iOS5 integration is starting to pick up. the swipe-to-right contextual options weren't working till the latest update.

it has SB Settings buttons, but i've disabled it, along with application icons and small text. i like my lockscreen lean and info-driven.

noah111

Still Alive
Ok so i'm hearing some reports of incompatibility between Barrel (the neat page switching animation tweak) and SBRotator (landscape mode for springboard/home page).

Anyone know anything about this? I've seen some pics and it looks buggy as hell unfortunately. Not sure about the tradeoff or if i'm willing to give up on for the other, or which one..

RDreamer

I'm pretty happy getting all my tweaks back, and getting some new things. I have lock info configured well, so it has the combined clock and weather, my reminders and notifications, then RSS feeds. I have the home screen with just rss, and the notification center with SBsettings and notifications. I got spring flash for when I need a flashlight really quickly (double tap the sleep button while asleep for a flashlight). I changed the default camera on the lock screen with Camera+.

noah111

Still Alive
I'm pretty happy getting all my tweaks back, and getting some new things. I have lock info configured well, so it has the combined clock and weather, my reminders and notifications, then RSS feeds. I have the home screen with just rss, and the notification center with SBsettings and notifications. I got spring flash for when I need a flashlight really quickly (double tap the sleep button while asleep for a flashlight). I changed the default camera on the lock screen with Camera+.
How? Some activator shortcuts I have btw are hold lock button for flashlight (iTorch), double tap lock button to jump to Camera+, slide the mute switch twice to open up phone, hold vol up button for next rack, vol down for previous, & both at the same time to pause/play.

Activator is probably the only absolute deal break for me to JB my phone. Everything else so far I could kind of live without, despite how awesome they may be, but activator is a life saver.

It's really hard to ruin an iDevice. Even if you install a bad piece of JB software you'll almost always get put in a safe mode where you can remove it, and in a worst case scenario it's simple to just restore from a backup if anything really bad happens. I've been jail breaking since iOS 2 and never had any real problems though.

RDreamer

How? Some activator shortcuts I have btw are hold lock button for flashlight (iTorch), double tap lock button to jump to Camera+, slide the mute switch twice to open up phone, hold vol up button for next rack, vol down for previous, & both at the same time to pause/play.

Activator is probably the only absolute deal break for me to JB my phone. Everything else so far I could kind of live without, despite how awesome they may be, but activator is a life saver.

AnyLockApp can change that camera icon on the lock screen to any app you want. I just changed it to Camera+

noah111

Still Alive
AnyLockApp can change that camera icon on the lock screen to any app you want. I just changed it to Camera+
Does it change the icon to the app icon? I recall seeing something that did this and the example was the chat/SMS app icon replacing the camera one on the lock screen.

I ask because I definitely wouldn't want Camera+'s app icon to show up in that corner on my lock screen, rather than the optimized white one (made for the lock screen).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
See I just installed LockInfo, dicked around, then uninstalled it.

Wish I could just get a good Winterboard theme working without having to tweak most of the icons to load properly.

Also, I can't reccommend Zypher enough. BEST tweak for multitasking if for nothing else than being able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Now my home button doesn't cry so much!

Yup, been a LockInfo devotee forever and Notifications are just too simple and effective ATM for me to use LockInfo. Maybe I'll come back in the future.

any good things on cydia that just do a clear lock screen? I used to use best clear lock screen, but it doesn't look play nice with ios5.

RDreamer

Does it change the icon to the app icon? I recall seeing something that did this and the example was the chat/SMS app icon replacing the camera one on the lock screen.

I ask because I definitely wouldn't want Camera+'s app icon to show up in that corner on my lock screen, rather than the optimized white one (made for the lock screen).

There's an option to hide the app's icon, so it uses the normal camera icon.

noah111

Still Alive
It's working great, thanks for the recommendation. Another question though, what's a good app to be able to lock specific apps? I've tried one or two that I found but they've either not worked or crashed the phone.

noah111

Still Alive
Does anyone know if I will be able to JB my iPod touch? It's already running iOS 5, but I have only seen JB 5 compatibility with iPhone 4/3GS and iPad, no mention of iPods.

It is the third generation iirc, 64GB but with no cameras. The oldest touch model that is compatible with iOS 5 I think, since one generation back and the iPod would be stuck with iOS 4.

Anyway, thanks in advanced, can't find anything on it and I don't want to accidentally brick it or something.

Dwayne

Does anyone know if I will be able to JB my iPod touch? It's already running iOS 5, but I have only seen JB 5 compatibility with iPhone 4/3GS and iPad, no mention of iPods.

It is the third generation iirc, 64GB but with no cameras. The oldest touch model that is compatible with iOS 5 I think, since one generation back and the iPod would be stuck with iOS 4.

Anyway, thanks in advanced, can't find anything on it and I don't want to accidentally brick it or something.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
pretty sure you can do it with the new redsn0w.

noah111

Still Alive
I've already jailbroken my iPhone 4 and an iPad 1. But for some reason this keeps coming up when I do the iPod touch;
2OUKE.png

Don't know what i'm doing wrong, tried it three times now same result, even though i'm plugged in and doing it right. Help?
Anyone? I've tried it in the PwnageTool as well, the DFU mode just never works. The home and lock buttons are working fine, and my timing is fine and i've ever tried variations several times, still no luck.

Sucks, was really looking forward to jail breaking this iPod and getting some more use out of it. Looked everywhere on the internet but i'm not finding anything.

freshair

Anyone? I've tried it in the PwnageTool as well, the DFU mode just never works. The home and lock buttons are working fine, and my timing is fine and i've ever tried variations several times, still no luck.

Sucks, was really looking forward to jail breaking this iPod and getting some more use out of it. Looked everywhere on the internet but i'm not finding anything.

Which app do you get that message in?

What happens if you put it into dfu mode within iTunes? Does it detect it as in recovery?

Top Bottom