• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jailbreaking shouldn't have any effect other than just booting Cydia during initial boot of your iOS device. My battery life has actually increased a lot over stock, even with My3G, BiteSMS, and SBSettings.

Wait what? IMPROVED?

If there are some tweaks I don't know about that allow such wizardry, I would appreciate if you shared! Otherwise I'm not sure if this a placebo affect or what!

Akira

So I am doing the redsn0w jailbreak so that I can use my iPhone 4 in China (leaving in a couple of hours!). Does doing the jailbreak mean it's unlocked also or is there another step involved?

Wait what? IMPROVED?

If there are some tweaks I don't know about that allow such wizardry, I would appreciate if you shared! Otherwise I'm not sure if this a placebo affect or what!

I've been jailbreaking my phone since iOS 3, and I've seen battery life go both ways. This last time I had an unjailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.0.1, and I would see a quick depletion in battery life sometimes. I restored as new when I jailbroke, and now my battery is lasting a little bit longer than before.

Here's my stats:
Usage: 2 Hours, 34 minutes
Standy: 18 Hours, 57 minutes

It's at 77% now, watched 2 episodes of King of The Hill on Netflix last night too.

Jburton

Banned
I really hope they hold this back until iPad3 is released. Being able to jailbreak an iPad3 from the get-go would be fantastic. I mean, what are the chances the a6 chip fixes the exploit they have for the a5 already?

Fuck the iPad 3 ....... Jb for iPad 2 now please!

JackEtc

I just keep F5'ing /r/jailbreak. I hope it drops before I go to bed...last time I jailbroke was years ago on iOS 3 on my iPod Touch 2G which I stopped using a year or so ago. Excited to see what's changed since then.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Perfect timing.. I've just gotten over the honeymoon period on my 4S where I did everything "the Apple way". Switched to instacast for podcasts, for example. I'm ready to customize!

smr00

Banned
All i can find is "mac only" jailbreaks for IPAD 2, is there a way to jailbreak the ipad 2 without owning a mac? or is it on it's way.

This is my first apple product so i don't keep up with this kind of stuff.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yay!
All i can find is "mac only" jailbreaks for IPAD 2, is there a way to jailbreak the ipad 2 without owning a mac? or is it on it's way.

This is my first apple product so i don't keep up with this kind of stuff.

Look 2 posts up.
Windows version coming soon.

ChanHuk

Banned
k, Cydia is finally installing.

You have to turn on VPN in your networks settings. It'll throw an error and reboot, relaunch app after reboot and Cydia will install.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
For iPad I only use RetinaPad (to make the few iPhone retina apps I have full res) and 3GUnlocker (to remove size limit).
Nothing else really.

Worked great for me. I got the database error, but did the vpn trick and when it rebooted Cydia was there and so far everything seems to be working.

deduce

I dusted off my old Dell Mini Hackintosh and was able to jailbreak my Sprint iPhone 4S. When I loaded the Absinthe app I got a white screen. I had to try the VPN trick twice before it caught.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do I get the iBooks fix if the version of my redsn0w didn't include it? (the initial A4 untethered jailbreak).

giga

How do I get the iBooks fix if the version of my redsn0w didn't include it? (the initial A4 untethered jailbreak).
Rejailbreak with cydia unchecked in redsnow or install this package:

K7GAc.png

vesp

Anyone else having trouble with AppStore after jabbing? Installed sbsettings and bought retina pad and now the AppStore says I'm signed out even though my account shows logged in at the bottom and won't let me look at purchased items or buy anything new

Edit: absinthe jb for iPad 2 ios5.01

JackEtc

Fuck, I've been F5'ing twitter and /r/jailbreak for the past 6 hours hoping for the Windows version to drop. Time is CRAWLING by too, since literally nothing is happening at work.

PLEASE RELEASE SOOOOOON

TheContact

Fuck, I've been F5'ing twitter and /r/jailbreak for the past 6 hours hoping for the Windows version to drop. Time is CRAWLING by too, since literally nothing is happening at work.

PLEASE RELEASE SOOOOOON

A guy in the irc chat is claiming pod2g said 30 minutes ago, that the windows release will be in a few hours. So hopefully tonight.

Top Bottom