• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Gaaraz

I don't know, I've jailbroken my iPhone around 5 times total, and this has definitely been one of the worst experiences for me when trying to jailbreak my iPad 2.

"Absinthe is now setting things up..."

Is all I get. It crashes at that point.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The Cave iPhone games work fine once they're disabled in RetinaPad. And it definitely seems to crash due to Game Center. Hopefully it's a quick and easy fix.

EDIT: There's an update out for RetinaPad now and it fixes the Game Center problems for me. No more crashes.

Awesome news! Was most frustrated with it last night. Will hold back on my 'piece of shit' judgement till I update :D

Yep, I can confirm the latest version (1.2.6) fixed the crashing problem with Game Center..

I opened Cydia, but I didn't get any update for RetinaPad? :(

Edit:nvm, got it now. It fixed the crashes, woot! For being called the "Mario" of mobiles, Angry Birds doesn't have Retina Display. lol

Well, I ain't buying any HD version.

scently

I need some help. I downloaded the absinthe program, and plugged in my iPad (iPad 2 3g) but its saying that my device is not supported. Can someone please help me?

I need some help. I downloaded the absinthe program, and plugged in my iPad (iPad 2 3g) but its saying that my device is not supported. Can someone please help me?

Is it already updated to 5.0.1? Absinthe doesn't update your device and only supports if it is already on 5.0.1. Well, as far as know.

Gaaraz

Holy what the hell... it can't jailbreak an iPhone 4? :/

(oh nm, sorry - have downloaded redsn0w for that, will try Absinthe again on my iPad in a bit :mad:)

Seth C

So I'm headed overseas for a few weeks. What do I need to do to unlock my phone? iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. Or can I unlock now?

JackEtc

Loving being jailbroken so far, SiriTweaks and MyWi are awesome. Found a nice lockscreen and theme that I'm using as well:

IgdVKl.png
OYeU8l.png

JackEtc

Name of lockscreen please!

Looks awesome

Typophone Weather in Cydia. After you download it, go to the App Store and download the "Typophone Clock ( Weather )" app (I believe it's 99 cents or something) to configure it. Check "Lockscreen Sync", and use the theme "Gravity".

Typophone Weather in Cydia. After you download it, go to the App Store and download the "Typophone Clock ( Weather )" app (I believe it's 99 cents or something) to configure it. Check "Lockscreen Sync", and use the theme "Gravity".

My phone still does the clock overlay up top, the default one for the iPhone. how did you remove yours?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know of any sliders/lock screens that are iOS5 compatible but work with non-retina devices? Looking for something minimalist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
tumblr_ltahv7bmHr1qasz6to1_500.jpg
]

Compatible with retina and non-retina devices.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d5bookc0d3le9l4

If you only want the slider, you can delete everything in the folder aside from 'bundles'.
This is amazing, thank you so much!!

How do you load something like that?
Get Winterboard via Cydia.
Open your phone to SSHing by downloading ToggleSSH and OpenSSH via Cydia .
SSH it to your phone using a program like iFunbox under the /Library/Themes directory in the raw file system.
Select it from within Winterboard.
Respring.
Enjoy.

JackEtc

tumblr_ltahv7bmHr1qasz6to1_500.jpg
]

Compatible with retina and non-retina devices.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d5bookc0d3le9l4

If you only want the slider, you can delete everything in the folder aside from 'bundles'.
My date and everything seem to be in another language...

Also, there's a few annoying pixels that were left in the slider files about half an inch above the slider. I went in and fixed them because it was killing me. Here's that version if it was annoying you too: http://www.mediafire.com/?erosh8ycddpcyy2

What theme and lock screen?

theme is black ups hd darkness. costs 99 cents in cydia for the ios5 version, as the ios4 version was free. the developer also made an iphone 3GS version but i dont think he maintains it. honestly, i think its the best theme ive used. i personally modified the A4 settings icon to be an A5 settings icon (asked the developer jackie tran for one, but he didnt reply back to me - also his tweet said that there already is an A5 settings icon but i couldnt find it), and changed the itunes icon back to the ios4 version. other then that, its a spectacular theme. works best with a really dark background of course.

time to download that new lockscreen and see how it is! :)

JackEtc

theme is black ups hd darkness. costs 99 cents in cydia for the ios5 version, as the ios4 version was free. the developer also made an iphone 3GS version but i dont think he maintains it. honestly, i think its the best theme ive used. i personally modified the A4 settings icon to be an A5 settings icon (asked the developer jackie tran for one, but he didnt reply back to me - also his tweet said that there already is an A5 settings icon but i couldnt find it), and changed the itunes icon back to the ios4 version. other then that, its a spectacular theme. works best with a really dark background of course.

time to download that new lockscreen and see how it is! :)

Could you upload the A5 icon you made? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded the lock screen from cydia and the one from the app store to make it work. All that happens is I get a black screen, no weather, and a set of arrows. I tried applying a background, turned on background sync, etc. NO idea wtf is going on.

Any suggestions?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Trying to install GemRB following their instructions (just get the .ipa, add it to iTunes, sync as normal) and it says failed to install every time with a litle pop up on my iPad2 after copying to it. I've tried various different iOS builds in the last couple days including the latest available (from 4-5 hours ago atm). any ideas?

So downloaded a nice theme for my iphone, but I hate the wallpaper that comes with it (that and when I open a folder my wallpaper pops up and is annoying) when I go into winterboard and move user wallpaper ontop of the theme...it does nothing, even after respringing.

Advice?

freshair

So downloaded a nice theme for my iphone, but I hate the wallpaper that comes with it (that and when I open a folder my wallpaper pops up and is annoying) when I go into winterboard and move user wallpaper ontop of the theme...it does nothing, even after respringing.

Advice?

The wallpaper might be hardcoded into the theme folder/file itself. What theme is it?

Could you upload the A5 icon you made? I'd really appreciate it!

mediafire link - http://www.mediafire.com/?973di0egeii9y31

yep! its not too terrible, but its the best i could do with my limited pixelmator/acorn skills. stick this in /var/stash/themes/black ups darkness/bundles/com.apple.Preferences and overwrite the icon@2x.png in there.

i also noticed that the numbers and badges and the day on the calendar icon were screwed up, so i took the time to fix it as well. this now fixes the font placement, so everything will look great. this one is called info.plist and you should place this in /var/stash/themes/black ups darkness/ and overwrite the original info.plist.

hope this helps man!

edit - neogaf thinks that the icon @ 2x . png is an email address but its really not, lol...

JackEtc

Since I'm using my phone I can't quote more than one person, but thanks for the link secretanchitman!

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded the lock screen from cydia and the one from the app store to make it work. All that happens is I get a black screen, no weather, and a set of arrows. I tried applying a background, turned on background sync, etc. NO idea wtf is going on.

Any suggestions?

Here are the settings I'm using (background is also turned out):

mGlP5l.jpg

IuCvFl.jpg

Be sure to also hit done on the main screen of the app. It'll then load a "preview" in the app, but that may not actually be what it'll look like (mine doesn't have the correct theme in the "preview"). Respring and it all should be good!

Cromat

iPhone 4 owners: is battery life and performance in iOS 5 really terrible? Is it worth it to upgrade for the new notifications bar and iCloud?

FerranMG

iPhone 4 owners: is battery life and performance in iOS 5 really terrible? Is it worth it to upgrade for the new notifications bar and iCloud?

I say upgrade.
Battery hasn't been an issue for me.
About performance, maybe it's a tad slower, but perfectly usable. Can't really compare it to iOS 4 though, since I've had iOS 5 for months.

Gaaraz

Battery is fine for me too

Quick question, can anyone get the redsn0w multitouch gestures working on iPhone 4 with iOS 5? I've enabled them in the settings, but none of the gestures work.

Cheers

Yeah, it looks like within the mattenano.theme folder, there's a wallpaper.jpg already set in there.

I'm not sure if deleting that will allow you to change wallpapers via Settings, or if you have to manually replace that wallpaper.jpg with the wall you want .
You can just delete it or rename it.

I'll be hosting my own personal Siri server soon. It might not have 100% uptime since I'm a full time student, but it should work most of the time. I can maybe give the IP to a few people on here, when I set it up I'll let everyone know!

I'll be hosting my own personal Siri server soon. It might not have 100% uptime since I'm a full time student, but it should work most of the time. I can maybe give the IP to a few people on here, when I set it up I'll let everyone know!
I would be very grateful to get to try it out :)

Psy-Phi

Mind linking the resources you're using to learn how to do that? I will use Google of course, but if you've already done the sleuthing, I'd appreciate it. Not even sure I will do it, but it has been at the back of my mind.

noah111

Still Alive
I have an issue with iBooks. I DL'd the Corona thing, but before that, for some reason iBooks isn't installing.

It's weird, the app is right on the phone, but I can't delete it. In iTunes it shows up as no checked. I try to sync it, and it fails to install. What the fuck?

I don't what to do, this is incredibly annoying, I just want to read my damn books. I'm not finding any installation failure issues from google, anyone know what's going on?

scently

I have jb my iPad 2 3G, so what I want to know is if there is any app to turn my iPad into a wifi hotspot so that I can share its data connection with my laptop and other devices?

Enzom21

I have an issue with iBooks. I DL'd the Corona thing, but before that, for some reason iBooks isn't installing.

It's weird, the app is right on the phone, but I can't delete it. In iTunes it shows up as no checked. I try to sync it, and it fails to install. What the fuck?

I don't what to do, this is incredibly annoying, I just want to read my damn books. I'm not finding any installation failure issues from google, anyone know what's going on?

Did you have iBooks fix from Cydia installed? That moves the iBooks folder to the default applications folder. You can delete it by going to root/var/stash/applications, then respring and the proper iBooks from the app store should install.

Double D

I'm using Metro 8 advanced. It's pretty sweet once your sort out the icons and whatnot (I replaced the windows icon with the apple rainbow). I'm using Muzik as the main music app and it fits so well. Gyro HD looks nice, reminds of pulse reader.

Here's some screens of the setup

Fliyg.png
JxIdQ.png
pvBC3.png

gv2HS.png
WuH8z.png
2s3Cb.png

Where can I find this? I downloaded Dreamboard via Cydia, and tried searching 'Metro 8' on Cydia and can't find anything.

Mind linking the resources you're using to learn how to do that? I will use Google of course, but if you've already done the sleuthing, I'd appreciate it. Not even sure I will do it, but it has been at the back of my mind.

If you can set it up, I can provide you with a key. I just found out my school is not letting my computer listen in to get the keys, but if I connect it to someone elses server, I can retrieve the keys there.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/setup-a-siri-proxy-server-for-spire/

Tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 and failed...had to restore to my backup because my phone wouldn't power on afterwards. There are so many fuggin guides with different instructions it's hard to choose one that works.

For some reason redsn0w isn't accepting the ipsw firmware I download from their site..

Edit:

Never mind I got it, had to download Redsn0w 0.9.10b and not use an ipsw file at all.

Top Bottom