• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

All of you were saying how awesome it was so I thought it closed the app. I dont get why its so awesome if it does something that is so simple anyways. And yes there is a little ocd there.

iOS doesn't handle multitasking like Android does. You don't have to close apps in your multitasking tray (which is better described as a task switcher) unless you have a runaway app (which seems rare these days). It's not like you're freeing RAM or any resources

If it is OCD, then I can't help you there (I only have OCD for door locks) :/

Having trouble getting Cleverpin to work. Do I need to turn on the passcode through iOS or does it get envoked when Cleverpin is enabled? Right now it's either always on or always off.

Shaneus

So, I have a 4S on 5.0 and am thinking I might upgrade to 5.0.1. Any idea on how to do that while keeping the j/b, or will I need to reapply it? I'm hoping that if I just apply the update OTA (with that tiny update via the Settings menu, rather than a full IPSW reinstall) everything will stay, but I'm not expecting miracles.

So I wanted to check out the Siri server I had before saying anything and promising anything. So the server usually goes down for a while a day, at most an hour, just due to getting keys and making sure the server runs smoothly. You have to refresh the keys about 1 or 2 times a day, and it's as simple as turning on Wi-Fi and using Siri on the 4S. Nothing adverse happens on the 4S, and it still goes through Apple servers. To avoid a ban, each key can have a max of 5 people using it, and right now I have 2 without including the 4S, so I have about 2 spots open. The privacy issues aren't that large, it's not that easy to read any personal information, I would be weary about installing other ports that require you to install a certificate you don't recognize.

Double D

Anyone gotten My3G to work? When I open it up, the right programs are checked (Facetime, etc). I'll even get the little pop-up indicator thing when I open such programs, but it doesn't do anything. I've heard you need to download an app called 'Corona', but Cydia won't let me install it. Help!

freshair

Installed the updated Zephyr and now the swipe up gesture 'closes' the app and swipe up/hold reveals the multitasking tray. Pretty neat!

noah111

Still Alive
Is there ANY WAY that I can have the little (-) close button in the switcher, be located in the center of each app, rather than on the top left corner?

I'm using 5 icon switcher, as well as an app that rotates the icons when in landscape mode, and the minus buttons make it look far too cluttered..

Installed the updated Zephyr and now the swipe up gesture 'closes' the app and swipe up/hold reveals the multitasking tray. Pretty neat!
Really cool stuff -- Apple should take note.

EDIT: You guys should try out WebScrollian, makes scrolling in Safari much more pleasant.

Dazzla

Is there any other toggle app apart from Sbsettings? I'm using lockinfo and SBSettings in the notification drawer just doesn't seem "elegant".

Dazzla

Tried intelliscreenx, couldn't get on with it. There isn't enough customisation. Installed BBSettings which integrates nicer with lockinfo.

noah111

Still Alive
The newest installment of Activator has replaced SBSettings for me. All I needed was a quick way to access basic menus, such as jump/toggle Wifi or Bluetooth, for example.

I now have a menu set up where I hold the status bar and a menu comes up allowing me to jump to Wifi in the settings, Usage info, Bluetooth etc.

Sarye

Is there any other toggle app apart from Sbsettings? I'm using lockinfo and SBSettings in the notification drawer just doesn't seem "elegant".

I think SBSettings is pretty elegant. It's pretty ugly by default but you can customize it any way you want it though.

Here's mine
CGvad.png

I use the K2NC theme to match the background and changed the notification alignment to manual. Then I just put it on the top and voila.

Dazzla

I think SBSettings is pretty elegant. It's pretty ugly by default but you can customize it any way you want it though.

Here's mine
CGvad.png

I use the K2NC theme to match the background and changed the notification alignment to manual. Then I just put it on the top and voila.

Yeah, that's a similar setup to what I had. But it wasn't centralised perfectly, I didn't like that you could scroll to the left for the respring functions. Landscape notification center was even worse.

Here's mine
CGvad.png

How do you get the toggles in Notification Center with SBSettings?

I downloaded the XBMC player and I want to store the MKV files locally on my phone if possible, and just play from there. Since Apple doesn't support MKV iTunes won't let me sync the files (which I expected). Just trying to find another way to get the files on my phone.

Another option that doesn't even require a jailbreak is to use the app airvideo and just stream the content to your device. You have to leave a small program running on your PC and it will transcode mkv files on the fly so you don't need to convert anything or take up any space on your device. You can even use this method to watch videos stored on your pc no matter where you are in the world provided your home Internet connection can upload fast enough. That is what I plan on using when I get an iPad. There was another app that does the same thing but I can only remember airvideo

Go to the device settings > Notifications > SB Settings.

If you want it at the top, then turn off your other widgets first, go back to Notifications, then go back it and re-enable the ones you turned off.

How do you change the order of the icons? Every time I rearrange and hit save, it just reverts back to the default order.

Citizen K

Here's mine
CGvad.png

whats that flashlight sbsettings toggle? That'd Be useful!

Taking my iPad into the Apple Store tomorrow because it says 'No Wifi'.. I've restored it to factory settings, is there anything else I need to do to remove visible traces of jailbreak before I go?

Finally got around to jailbreaking my 4s. SBsettings in the notification center along with SiriToggles makes me wish I did this earlier.

Sarye

whats that flashlight sbsettings toggle? That'd Be useful!

the flashlight is called springflash in Cydia. You can activate it using Activator and by default it turns on by double pressing the unlock button. You can also get the toggle for springflash on cydia as well.

Nitsuj23

Finally got around to jailbreaking. I just installed Dreamboard. Are there any themes that you guys think actually enhance the experience? I don't want something just for looks. I could see there being some pretty cool themes out there though.

Also how do I add themes to SBSettings? Right now it's useful but looks like crap.

Appreciate the help!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm trying to remember the name of a particular cydia tweak - whenever something would open in a new app it had it slide up over the top of the app that opened it and pressing the homescreen would return you to the previous app. For example, clicking a youtube link in safari would have youtube slide up over the safari page, then clicking the home button would make it slide back down showing safari again. Just updated to 5.0.1 and reinstalling tweaks and have forgotton what this was called, it's really bugging me.

Edit: APPSLIDE. Damnit. I knew I'd remember it immediately upon posting.

How has the speed been on recent jailbreaks? I reverted to the official os for iOS 5 and was surprised to discover how much slower it had been when jailbroken.

I'm unsure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but if anybody is familiar with the process, can you please explain to me how to save my SHSH blobs?

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 (Absinthe jailbreak).

Blackhead

Redarse
Top Bottom