• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

push works but banner notification does not. Seems like the developer put in a quick fix and put the old sparrow push back in to tide us over. His twitter suggests that the next update should include the banner notification as well as other updates too.

Can you link his twitter?

Dwayne

So annoyed. We live outside the USA, and when AT&T announced they were unlocking ex-contract iPhones, we called up and submitted our IMEI's. 3 weeks later, they email us "No valid current or former mobile/account number associated with request.". Messaging the people we got the phones from, we get no reply :(

Not such a big deal for me because I'm on gevey sim so my phone is usable, but my wife's iPhone is on a later baseband that can't be unlocked. We were so sure we were getting unlocked by AT&T (because everyone else was) we didn't use the SAM exploit. Now we're back to square one.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Just found out the only way to change my new iPad's TTL is through jailbreak and I'm pretty bummed considering how long we had to wait for the iOS 5 Jailbreak. Also, can someone explain to me the benefits of jailbreaking the Apple TV? I just got one up and find it very frustrating that I can't stream a number of videos without first changing the format. Does the jailbreak allow the Apple TV to play more file types?

Just found out the only way to change my new iPad's TTL is through jailbreak and I'm pretty bummed considering how long we had to wait for the iOS 5 Jailbreak. Also, can someone explain to me the benefits of jailbreaking the Apple TV? I just got one up and find it very frustrating that I can't stream a number of videos without first changing the format. Does the jailbreak allow the Apple TV to play more file types?

yes but not through the official dashboard or whatever you want to call it of the Apple TV. You would need to install something on it like XBMC which is a full blown media player in itself that natively supports almost any format you can throw at it, but if you use stuff like netflix on your AppleTV you would have to keep switching back and forth between xbmc and the official dashboard

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
yes but not through the official dashboard or whatever you want to call it of the Apple TV. You would need to install something on it like XBMC which is a full blown media player in itself that natively supports almost any format you can throw at it, but if you use stuff like netflix on your AppleTV you would have to keep switching back and forth between xbmc and the official dashboard

Does switching back and forth entail much more than a simple reboot? I do use Netflix, but if it's too much of a hassle, I'll just use it exclusively on the Wii or another system.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'm mad I updated my iPad 2 to 5.1.0. The wait is agonizing! Is there an ETA on a JB solution?

So, I took the plunge and got the Gevey Ultra S for my GSM iPhone. Can anyone walk me through the procedure to use it? I'm pretty sure I need to actually buy another SIM card once I get overseas but I just wanted verification. Thanks.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Any news on a jailbreak for the new iPad? I'm a little confused by the google results I'm getting.
Lots of scams on this area, gotta follow the proper sources like the devs themselves
, but not yet. Should be soon tho, maybe another month

noah111

Still Alive
The switcher enhancement concept posted on the Verge have been turned into a JB tweak called Switchy;

Switchy-Screenshot.jpg

I bought an iphone 4s 64gb which the seller claimed was verizon unlocked. I slide in my tmobile microsim and I keep getting SIM not valid. My friend's att sim worked fined. Any ideas?

Dwayne

Can check it's locked status on imei.info, I have no idea why it would be doing that, worth asking in the unlocking forum on modmyi.com.

Only thing i can think of is that it wasn't actually unlocked, in which case I'd have to do it myself. From what i understand 5.1.1 isnt unlockable correct? I'll have to use my friend's sim to check all that stuff :/

edit. checked on imei.info. apparently it's an att phone and its not unlocked :/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Unfold. Cydia. Free. Download now, fools.
Very slick. Works fine with CameraGrabber, LockInfo, IntelliScreenX, etc.

:)

pulga

Banned

The IntelliScreenX stays on top after unfolding :/ There's two layers to my lockscreen, if you get what I mean.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Pretty slick.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What slide up camera are you talking about? I'm curious to see it.

The last method to access the camera was to double click the button and a camera icon appeared beside the lockbar.

Now, there is a permanent camera icon next to the lock bar. You just touch on it and slide upward to pop open the camera.

You can get the "slide up" camera with a jailbreak tweak.

That is good to know, if all else fails.. But I suppose with the jailbreak right around the corner for 5.1.1, I'll just wait for that.

Looks cool in the video!

noah111

Still Alive
Swipe Safari is fucking great. Just got it, along with GridTab it makes Safari the best browser on my iPhone. No need for Atomic or any of that other shit. Definitely recommend it.

Top Bottom