• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Pachimari

My reasons are NCSettings, BiteSMS, Zephyr (so I don't have to use the Home button), Infinifolder, SpringFlash etc.

Still many reasons to jailbreak.

Mortalias

Neo Member
Is it bad that the main reason why I jailbreak is to get rid of the ugly black bars on the lock screen? That and adding a little texting bubble in the status bar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm pretty excited to jailbreak because this'll be my first time jailbreaking on a retina device, so ill finally have a chance to check out all the icon sets and upgrades that I missed out on for years on my 3GS.

Ugh, accidentally accepted the update to 6.1 last night for my 4S.

I still want to keep my phone around even when I upgrade later this year, but was hoping to JB without having to ask AT&T in a few years.

Erebus

Is it bad that I don't find any particular reason to jailbreak? I mean recently coming from a jailbroken iPhone 3G running on 4.2.1 to iOS 6, I realized that most features I used and required a jailbroken device are now available on official firmware.

.Brian.

Banned
Is it bad that I don't find any particular reason to jailbreak? I mean recently coming from a jailbroken iPhone 3G running on 4.2.1 to iOS 6, I realized that most features I used and required a jailbroken device are now available on official firmware.

biteSMS and SBSettings. Those are pretty much the only things I care about.

Oh, and Barrel is pretty legit.

Enzom21

ScreenShot2013-01-30at44501PM.png

http://evasi0n.com/

Jibbed

I'm a complete jailbreak noob and have only owned an iPhone for 4 months.. can someone quickly tell me when I can expect something for a 4S running 6.1?

Thanks!

Does anyone know of a Cydia app that allows you to easily modify the carrier settings? I'm looking forward to enabling LTE for my carrier (which for some odd reason got LTE certified by Apple for iPad devices but not for the iPhone 5).

Does anyone know of a Cydia app that allows you to easily modify the carrier settings? I'm looking forward to enabling LTE for my carrier (which for some odd reason got LTE certified by Apple for iPad devices but not for the iPhone 5).

if you install tetherme it lets you change APN settings, but im not sure if thats the same thing you are talking about

Pachimari

Alright, so this is what I'll do I'm preparation?:

1) back up iPhone 5
2) restore to iOS 6.1 through iTunes
3) restore back up

But many times before, I have backed up my iPhone but could never find the back up again.

Prezhulio

huzzah! my iphone 5 lockscreen will soon no longer be boring and uninformative.

i've definitely been missing just pressing the lock screen and seeing the weather and my calendar since i upgraded a month ago.

if you install tetherme it lets you change APN settings, but im not sure if thats the same thing you are talking about
Not exactly, I want the LTE toggle to appear for my carrier. Carrier settings used to be stored in small files (IPCC files) which you could manipulate provided the iPhone was jailbroken. Starting with iOS 5, Apple changed the mechanism and now the carrier settings updates are distributed through OS updates only. One should theoretically still be able to modify the settings through a jailbreak, but I'm not sure which utility or procedure needs to be followed.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Blutrol is my reason to want jailbreak now that we can have mame without jailbreak.

Though I guess other emus will be good too.

.Brian.

Banned
What does bite SMS do?

Lots of things, but the main thing that I care about is the ability to respond to a text from anywhere, usually from the page where you receive the push notification for it. It's not as bad as it used, but I've always been bothered that you actually have to enter the messages app to actually respond to anything.

Example:

biteSMS-device1.png

I want BiteSMS and Sentry's multitasking mod. Hopefully that program is ready to go.
Oh it's ready. It goes by 'Auxo.'

They claim there's a private beta for the jailbreak going on now. I honestly wonder if a meeting a threshold donation amount would earn me an invite...?

Lots of things, but the main thing that I care about is the ability to respond to a text from anywhere, usually from the page where you receive the push notification for it. It's not as bad as it used, but I've always been bothered that you actually have to enter the messages app to actually respond to anything.

Example:

biteSMS-device1.png

I assume it doesn't work with iMessages? I don't use it much but the convenience of being able to reply on my Mac is almost worth using the stock app.

I used bitesms on my android and I loved it, so I'm certain I'll love it here too.

Ashhong

Oh it's ready. It goes by 'Auxo.'

They claim there's a private beta for the jailbreak going on now. I honestly wonder if a meeting a threshold donation amount would earn me an invite...?

Damn, googled it and it's looks so good. Can't wait to use it.

I assume it doesn't work with iMessages? I don't use it much but the convenience of being able to reply on my Mac is almost worth using the stock app.

I used bitesms on my android and I loved it, so I'm certain I'll love it here too.

This is a good point, never thought about it. My gf doesn't have unlimited texting so we rely on iMessages...BiteSMS probably wont work with it huh? Damn.

Example:

biteSMS-device1.png

Oh shit. That's kind of cool.

.Brian.

Banned

It works with iMessage.

Top Bottom