• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

Wiz

I'm pretty sure a jailbreak is a very different thing to unlocking.

But a jailbreak won't prevent to from upgrading to a new version of iOS, you'll just lose your jailbreak, unless there'll be a jailbreak for a later version of iOS.
You're right, I meant jailbreak.

And okay. Unless future OS updates have some killer feature, I won't be in any rush to update

Red

How safe is jailbreaking iOS? I have unlocked Android in the past but haven't messed with Apple products. Generally the same thing? Easy to back up and restore in case something goes wrong?

OP mentions stability issues, which I'd like to avoid. The reason I went Apple is because my iOS experience has been stable.

Pachimari

I just lost my internet connection, so I'm borrowing a wireless signal from around here. Poor timing. =/

EDIT:
Oh, just got it back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How safe is jailbreaking iOS? I have unlocked Android in the past but haven't messed with Apple products. Generally the same thing? Easy to back up and restore in case something goes wrong?

OP mentions stability issues, which I'd like to avoid. The reason I went Apple is because my iOS experience has been stable.
Incredibly easy. You can always back up and restore by putting your phone into DFU mode. You have to go considerably out of your way to brick your phone; I'm not even sure if bricking your phone is even still possible.

Just make sure your device is compatible and follow instructions as explicitly as possible and you should be good. Recent jailbreaks let you try over and over until it works too. Then again this seems to be a new jailbreak from a new group so who knows how automatic it will be.

Wiz

I'm at school right now so I understand I can't jb straight from my phone? And the progress is now at 100%!!

Red

Incredibly easy. You can always back up and restore by putting your phone into DFU mode. You have to go considerably out of your way to brick your phone; I'm not even sure if bricking your phone is even still possible.

Just make sure your device is compatible and follow instructions as explicitly as possible and you should be good. Recent jailbreaks let you try over and over until it works too. Then again this seems to be a new jailbreak from a new group so who knows how automatic it will be.

Sounds good, thanks.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Downloaded... But not using yet... Waiting for impressions :p

Can someone post the steps to acquiring blutrol for dummies for after I do this?

TheContact

welp, time for me to upgrade from ios5 to ios6......

anyone on a 4s with ios5 jumping ship to ios6 with untether jailbreak now that it's out?

Kareha

ron-paul.gif

Pachimari

When setting up Cydia should I choose User, Hacker or Developer? I remember reading I should chose Developer so there would be more repositories.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's up. Jailbreaking this iPad 3 to give to my wife so I can stop using that piece of shit. Perfect timing since my Nexus 10 is finally here. All she needs is f.lux and we're good to go.

Wow, that was easy.

Top Bottom