• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Manik

Have never played Racer Feud before and it doesn't appear there are any in game tutorials without actually playing against someone, so would love to play against anyone from here who doesn't mind a complete newbie screwing it all up for them!

Username on there is Manik, for anyone that fancies a game.

After playing Agricola (Agric-ola? or Agri-cola?) with 4 of my friends, I fucking neeeeeed this game on iOS now.

GIVE IT TO ME PLAYDEK! AND PUT SOME GOD DAMN CHAT IN IT!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO so good.

Heel

After playing Agricola (Agric-ola? or Agri-cola?) with 4 of my friends, I fucking neeeeeed this game on iOS now.

GIVE IT TO ME PLAYDEK! AND PUT SOME GOD DAMN CHAT IN IT!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO so good.

Will I be completely lost like I was with Le Havre? I heard its pretty complex.

Somehow Duke stopped one spot behind me in a corner in Racer Feud and it crashed me out.

I'm currently in a race where everyone is taking turns but me, lol. Such a weird game. Maybe an official port will come along...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm currently in a race where everyone is taking turns but me, lol. Such a weird game.

I'm on the same boat in that race, Heel :p

Heel

I'm on the same boat in that race, Heel :p

This is even a different race from that one! Maybe it's some kind of rule that I'm unaware of, but I really doubt it. I'm not being overtaken, it's seemingly forgetting that I'm next to roll...lol.

That said, lets get some races going! Anyone wanna play some quick ones?

I'm currently in a race where everyone is taking turns but me, lol. Such a weird game. Maybe an official port will come along...

I don't think it will get lost, since its made by playdek. Also I haven't played Le Havre too much or the actual board game, but Agricola definitely seems easier to play.

Thanks, bought!

Am thinking why the separate app for this... why not in-app purchase.

Possibly because of the ferry and tunnel mechanisms, or because the Swiss map is also an in app purchase, or size or because Days of Wonder hate us :).

In their defense they've tried to rectify this by making the switch between the two editions version less clunky.

blahness

Possibly because of the ferry and tunnel mechanisms, or because the Swiss map is also an in app purchase, or size or because Days of Wonder hate us :).

In their defense they've tried to rectify this by making the switch between the two editions version less clunky.

There is no good reason that Ticket to Ride for iOS devices shouldnt be universal. It boils down to money money money

There is no good reason that Ticket to Ride for iOS devices shouldnt be universal. It boils down to money money money
I thought the question was only referring to the 'Pocket' apps, and why there's a separate USA and Europe version.
No defending the split of iPad version and pocket version.

CzarTim

I just noticed that the two premium tracks in Racer Fued that I got for free because of a glitch got taken away. Bought them for real, and ready for some races.

1.1 update for Racer Feud has been submitted. Fixes include:

Gamecenter support
Play against random player
Races sorted by your turn at top
Pit stops work
Facebook fixes
No longer crashes with switching between devices
Players starting in a curve don't auto-crash
Now shows correct stops in a corner made by a car
and more minor fixes

All ongoing races will end as everything moves servers

Vard

When's the next Carc tourney starting up now that the last one is over? May I suggest we use the expansions this time?

Heel

How about a Racer Feud championship series once the 1.1 patch comes out? Race on all the tracks and assign points for finishing position, then have the top guys race in the finals or something.

I mean, it's Racer Feud, what could go wrong?

Slacker

When's the next Carc tourney starting up now that the last one is over? May I suggest we use the expansions this time?

I'm up for it, especially with the expansions. Maybe wait until after Thanksgiving and try to kick it off next week?

How about a Racer Feud championship series once the 1.1 patch comes out? Race on all the tracks and assign points for finishing position, then have the top guys race in the finals or something.

I mean, it's Racer Feud, what could go wrong?

I'd be up for a racer fued one. It would be fun.

Carc is boring now. :p

Smiley90

Racer Feud update is out, and with that, GC is working AND... all games are deleted :( Send me some new invites! :D

Heel

Racer Feud update is out, and with that, GC is working AND... all games are deleted :( Send me some new invites! :D

I would if it let me, haha.

"Ooops, something went wrong! Please try again later..."

Games with random players is working though.

bonesquad

Speaking of which, has anyone restored the Sebring track without having to agree to pay for it.

I'm having the same problem. Every time I try to download the track it asks me to pay for it.

Also I was just playing Sepang with randoms and a turn said 1 stop next to it, even though it is a actually a 2 stop turn. Grr.

And it's very annoying when people quit because from then on before every turn it lists out every person who quit. Sometimes multiple times for some odd reason.

So yeah. Formula Feud is better now, but still has multiple issues...

So... these guys made a virtual boardgame-simulation (not just a boardgame port, a simulation of an actual physical boardgame!), I wonder if this would work on iPad too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WD0gMu0LDU&feature=g-u-u

That's pretty cool, but It's got a lot of unused space, which makes it look cool, but the iPad screen isn't really that big and would kind of be a waste of space in my opinion. It really depends on the game though, something like carc is pretty close to a boardgame simulation and that works fine (though its still pretty far from that video simulation wise. Haha)

I just want Microsoft surface (the table not the tablet) to be a real thing for normal people prices! Then sims like that would be fucking amazing. Except the dice, I wanna roll the dice.

On another note, racer fued's new friends list is messing with me! I can't remember everyone I was playing with before, and some of you assholes use different names all the time and I only remember slade = heel and diesel pioneer = superrobot , everyone else I forget because I'm an asshole! Plus I think I had some people as friends in that, but don't have them on game centre, but I forget who!

Soooooo add me up on GC if I'm not there and invite me to some races!

Smiley90

That's pretty cool, but It's got a lot of unused space, which makes it look cool, but the iPad screen isn't really that big and would kind of be a waste of space in my opinion. It really depends on the game though, something like carc is pretty close to a boardgame simulation and that works fine (though its still pretty far from that video simulation wise. Haha)

I just want Microsoft surface (the table not the tablet) to be a real thing for normal people prices! Then sims like that would be fucking amazing. Except the dice, I wanna roll the dice.

On another note, racer fued's new friends list is messing with me! I can't remember everyone I was playing with before, and some of you assholes use different names all the time and I only remember slade = heel and diesel pioneer = superrobot , everyone else I forget because I'm an asshole! Plus I think I had some people as friends in that, but don't have them on game centre, but I forget who!

Soooooo add me up on GC if I'm not there and invite me to some races!

Well if you roll gently, surface could detect the lower side of the dice roll and deduce what the upper side is -> the dice result. So as long as you roll gently, that SHOULD work :p also, my gc is just smiley1790 or are you blocking me out of your memory? :p

Well if you roll gently, surface could detect the lower side of the dice roll and deduce what the upper side is -> the dice result. So as long as you roll gently, that SHOULD work :p also, my gc is just smiley1790 or are you blocking me out of your memory? :p

They actually had RFID dice and the table would read them, it was awesome. I just ment I'm fine with digital coins and cards and stuff (most of the time) but I always want to roll dice!

And no, I didn't forget you. Haha. But I was playing games with loads of people, and a lot of them weren't my regular people, I play ass loads of shit with you, astro, superrobot, and now me and CzarTim are playing a few things. I just need to sit down and look at the spread sheet and add more people I think, I'm just lazy and was trying to get other people to do the work for me :p

And for a race where one of the invitees hasn't got the game, and I can't back out of it.

The bug where the 'winner' finishes in 0th place and eventually comes last is still hilarious when it isn't you.

The Valencia track has wormholes, and it said I crashed on the straight, then carried on next turn as if nothing happened.

Smiley90

And for a race where one of the invitees hasn't got the game, and I can't back out of it.

The bug where the 'winner' finishes in 0th place and eventually comes last is still hilarious when it isn't you.

The Valencia track has wormholes, and it said I crashed on the straight, then carried on next turn as if nothing happened.

I'm looking at you, Heel.

Top Bottom