• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is why I still havent bitten the bullet on buying all the Summoner Wars everything, because while I may lose to lots of people here, Ive still playing over 100 matches, and would absolutely crush my friends in that game who have never played it.

I got my buddy to buy Ascension and Nightfall and Ive won 80% of our Ascension games ( weve probably played 30 or so, and all 20 of our Nightfall games. Im not trying to brag, because I know im not even that good compared to most of you people (though I do beat Smiley a lot...) its just a whole different game when Ive played 100 matches in something with a wide variety of people with entirely different strategies and ways of thinking, before they have even played 1 game, haha.

Keep dreaming buddy.

But yeah, it's definitely true, I just "know" games like SW and Lost Cities so much better now.

tm24

The best part about SW is that i was able to playtest my Vanguard deck and have legit strats for 6 different factions in basically 3 days. Playing the game IRL would of taken weeks for that kind of stuff

Keep dreaming buddy.

But yeah, it's definitely true, I just "know" games like SW and Lost Cities so much better now.

Just spreading the truth! :p

I mean, your Nightfall record is barely over 0.500 and yet you claim to beat me all the time...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

haha, we wont talk about SW though, I lose a lot in that! To you and everyone else :p

The best part about SW is that i was able to playtest my Vanguard deck and have legit strats for 6 different factions in basically 3 days. Playing the game IRL would of taken weeks for that kind of stuff

Yeah, which is why im really looking forward to Agricola, since its something Ive played with my buddies, and I know they would play it on iOS as well.

mercviper

Holy crap racer feud is still broken for me. Sorry I tried to drive the hype train on this one.

:< that sucks. Wonder if lolduke is also having problems with it. Been waiting on him forever to accept as the 10th person in a gaf game :x

Speaking of, is there a way to start w/o everybody having accepted?

Smiley90

I'm getting a Nexus 7 for Christmas, so I was wondering and you guys might know this: What boardgames are only on Android, but not on iOS? I remember there was a good dominion app that was only on android, but I can't remember what it was. What else?

bonesquad

I'm getting a Nexus 7 for Christmas, so I was wondering and you guys might know this: What boardgames are only on Android, but not on iOS? I remember there was a good dominion app that was only on android, but I can't remember what it was. What else?

Not a new iPad? Actually, I picked up a N7 a couple weeks ago on a whim and quite enjoy it.

I think most people mention Androminion on the Google Play store. It's definitely functional, and has a bunch of expansions, but keep in mind it's free (ie looks like crap and single player vs AI only). Beyond that I have no idea yet.

Smiley90

Not a new iPad? Actually, I picked up a N7 a couple weeks ago on a whim and quite enjoy it.

I think most people mention Androminion on the Google Play store. It's definitely functional, and has a bunch of expansions, but keep in mind it's free (ie looks like crap and single player vs AI only). Beyond that I have no idea yet.

Yeah I WANTED to pick up a new iPad, but couldn't quite justify it financially. My GF is buying me an N7 for Christmas though. Need something bigger than my iPhone for notetaking in university, definitely.

mercviper

I think it was called androminion

Flynn

Good news from CodeMonkeys.

0QpFSl.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Androminion and Condado (San Juan)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One thing Android is pretty solid on that iOS is weirdly lacking is board-game tools.

I have:
-7 Wonders Scorer
-Agricola Scorer
-RFTG Scorer
-Rattus Shuffle
-Dominion Shuffle

Slacker

One thing Android is pretty solid on that iOS is weirdly lacking is board-game tools.

I have:
-7 Wonders Scorer
-Agricola Scorer
-RFTG Scorer
-Rattus Shuffle
-Dominion Shuffle

They're out there. The 7 Wonders iPad app works really well (and is damn near mandatory with the science development scoring). And this one dev has scorers for about everything else. They probably all suck, but hey. :)

I use iKeepScore on games where I need to add things up at the end. Works pretty well.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone tried Spectromancer? Its from one of the creators of Magic. Hothead ripped of the game for Card Kombat. Its on Steam aswell.

Anyone tried Spectromancer? Its from one of the creators of Magic. Hothead ripped of the game for Card Kombat. Its on Steam aswell.

Car Kombat is actually just Spectromancer with a shitty skin. The creators of Spectromancer licensed the system out so it would have a version of it out there while they worked on a true rendition for mobile.

Awesome. Never heard of the Devs though or played either of their games....or ever played Space Hulk for that matter, haha. Ive heard good things though, and ive played similar type games, so im excited! Plus those Hunter guys are making a Warhammer game, so that should be cool too.

Is this something I should be really looking forward to? I know literally nothing about it. I could go to BGG, but im lazy :p

Heel

Fluxx on the 12th
Stone Age on the 12th
Battle of the Bulge on the 13th
Carcassonne Traders & Builders in review

Weeeeee.

Is this something I should be really looking forward to? I know literally nothing about it. I could go to BGG, but im lazy :p

It's worker placement but not as thinky as Le Havre or Agricola or Caylus.
Whenever we play it everyone has fun.
Sounds like they've done the right things with async and GC.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yep, Stone Age is basically a gateway worker-placement game. Quite a good gateway game actually. Hope they did a good job with it, but I'll definitely be getting it unless they totally Goko'd it or something.

Smiley90

Fluxx on the 12th
Stone Age on the 12th

Weeeeee.

sogoooooood. Battle of the Bulge is iPad only though, right? What about Stone Age?

Also, some more info on Space Hulk:

Based on the best-selling board game and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Space Hulk is a 3D digital turn based strategy game that recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single player and multiplayer cross-platform play between PC, Mac and on iOS.

Space Hulk is set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of an ancient vessel lost in the graveyard of space. Players lead a small army of fearless Space Marine Terminators to battle in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory alien Genestealers.

The main features are
Blood Angel terminator squad
Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI
Thematic 3d environment
Single player campaign based on the "Sin of Damnation" hulk
New coop multiplayer levels against the Genestealer AI
Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend
Cross platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and iOS
Level editor with ability to share creations
Game expansions in the future as DLC

Singleplayer? Coop? Multiplayer (hopefully async)? Cross-platform play? LEVEL EDITOR?

This sounds too good to be true. I hope the devs don't pull a Goku.

Heel

Racer Feud 1.1.3 is sent in! December 8th, 2012

Hi all!

Just in time for christmas, we just sent in the latest version to Apple!

Here are the main fixes and features of 1.1.3

* 4 new tracks!

* Short description of the different symbols under “Penalties” section in “How to play”

* No longer creates duplicate tracks when moving back and forward when selecting opponents
* Fix for skipping/jumping/teleporting cars
* Fix for when a restored “Facebook/Twitter shared” track would not appear in list
* Fix for counter in corners
* Fix for not being able to increase dice
* Now shows better error message when a race cannot be created (shows error from GameCenter)
* Possible fix for random crash when selecting dice

Have a merry christmas everyone!

LindApp Crew

Pictures of the tracks in the link. Racer Feud alpha ends soon. Believe!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm pretty stoked about the GW stuff but tempering my enthusiasm given the fact the developer is unproven and the games seem quite a ways off.

Super excited about this week's releases too.

Heel

lol CzarTim ruining afternoons: http://lindapp.se/racerfeud/forums/topic/getting-blocked/

Is blind spot a GAF'er? He's been in a few of my games.

Anyway, good news is the Racer Feud developer responds to every bug and seems determined to fix the game. I emailed him the bugs I saw last week and the fixes are a part of the update a few days later.

So if you see something wrong, email Andre at lindapp.se. I want this game to be good, I really do!

Kosh

My tailpipe is right there if he wants a way out.

I just wish there was something we could do about the five or so games that haven't started for whatever reason.

I quit all those games. Got tired of looking at them and never getting started.

Heel

My tailpipe is right there if he wants a way out.

I just wish there was something we could do about the five or so games that haven't started for whatever reason.

Also, will the tracks cost money? I doubt I get more at thing point. Unless it's a bundle.

Not in those patch notes, but the dev did mention you'll be able to erase games that haven't started in the next release. You can't swipe on the picture of the track to quit out? Never been a problem for me in this build.

I quit all those games. Got tired of looking at them and never getting started.

Yeah, tough to get a race going. Anyone actually want to play out there? I think 3-4 total is the sweet spot.

Smiley90

Not in those patch notes, but the dev did mention you'll be able to erase games that haven't started in the next release. You can't swipe on the picture of the track to quit out? Never been a problem for me in this build.

Yeah, tough to get a race going. Anyone actually want to play out there? I think 3-4 total is the sweet spot.

I'm down, send me invites. I haven't played a single game since the server switch, byebye Nr1 worldwide LOL

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I just checked out the stone age app web site per an ad on BGG. Really looks like they've put a lot of care into the app. Maybe maybe a new Coding Monkeys?

I am down for Racer Feud any time. Same for Le Havre, which doesn't get played enough around here so send me invites so I'm not the only one sending them out. :)

Smiley90

Fluxx on the 12th
Stone Age on the 12th

Weeeeee.

Fluxx is being released on the 13th, not the 12th, according to BGG.

Kosh

I'm down for Racer Feud.

I am down for Racer Feud any time. Same for Le Havre, which doesn't get played enough around here so send me invites so I'm not the only one sending them out. :)

I'll send some invites out later today. I need to go over the tutorial again first, though. Anyone else for Le Havre?

Slacker

Lost Cities is on sale. Worth my money?

Yep. It's a great little game. I'm hoping a universal update is on the way (I think I remember hearing it was), but it still looks fine in 2x mode on the iPad. My wife and I play the IRL version occasionally and have a good good time.

Looks like Kingdom Builder got an update:

Version 1.1 contains the following Enhancements and Bug Fixes :

- Bug Fix for the Connection-Problems with Online Games
- Smoother Animations
- Translated headlines for Champions list
- Modern Font

I'm down for Racer Feud.

I'll send some invites out later today. I need to go over the tutorial again first, though. Anyone else for Le Havre?

I'm up for more Le Havre. I hate game centre sometimes though, it always throws me off seeing people's real names.

Edit: I had to quit a racer fued invite that I think superrobot sent out, it was just telling me it couldn't work and try again later. Haha.

Heel

I still cannot make a Racer Feud match with smiley in it lol. One of you guys want to make a match with me, smiley, astrolad, and kosh?

Really? I just bought it yesterday :( Anyway, I am having fun with it. I think it was worth the 3.99 I paid.

Funny, I almost bought it with credits on an app site yesterday since I figured a CodingMonkeys game would never go on sale.

Top Bottom