• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

sladeums

Looks like the next version Titan HD will have online multiplayer.
The upcoming update (waiting approval) will feature :
Online play:
  • Titan HD now supports online multiplayer matches
    [*]Online games can be played either timed or untimed
    [*]Push notifications alert players to invites and move events
    [*]Online play supports both pre-game and in-game chat
General gameplay:
  • Players now have chess-style ratings in both local and online play
    [*]All battle rewards are now chosen in a unified Scoring interface
    [*]Players can now concede battles, and withdraw from games
    [*]Fight/Flee dialog contains additional information on legion strength and potential outcomes
    [*]Rules have been revised and expanded
    [*]Several bugs related to rules interpretation have been fixed
    [*]Fixed bug in local play where the weakest AI used the strongest AI's algorithm in some cases

One of my races crashes on my no matter what I do!!

Its the Sepang one with Astro, Zero Sum, AirBrian and Klikatana (who??). I cant accept, I cant decline, I cant quit. I cant do anything with it!

Its driving me mad.

Kalikatana is my girlfriend.

Yeah I don't know what is going on with that race.

Ahh ok cool. Does the race crash for you too? I wish I could quit it, then we could just make another! Im not even sure if everyone has joined, sometimes it says everyone has, and other times, it just has a number beside Zero Sum, and if I go into the race it tells me AirBrian hasnt picked a car...

.....BLARG

Kosh

Ugh! I love when you're playing Dwarf vs. Dwarf in SW and you accidently put your Heroic Feat on the other players Hero. You're welcome, Czartim. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah Kingdom Builder is pretty bad. DO NOT BUY unless you're desperate for the game.

Conversely hearing great things about the Titan HD update (both live and async multi). Now I need to learn the damn game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That makes two all-time-horrible launches that Donald Vaccarino is associated with (Dominion & Kingdom Builder). I know he doesn't have too much say on the technical stuff, but yikes.

Heel

A big Racer Feud update just dropped. Can't wait until this game is actually playable...lol. Looks like you can restore Sebring for free now.

Edit: Uh...track still doesn't work for me. lol

Yeah Kingdom Builder is pretty bad. DO NOT BUY unless you're desperate for the game.

Conversely hearing great things about the Titan HD update (both live and async multi). Now I need to learn the damn game.

Awesome. Updating now.

So who wants to play some Titan?

A big Racer Feud update just dropped. Can't wait until this game is actually playable...lol. Looks like you can restore Sebring for free now.

Edit: Uh...track still doesn't work for me. lol

I had to delete it. I got too annoyed. I still hold out hope tho.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fluxx from Playdek coming soon. Their twitter said submitted last Friday.
Want! Agricola! Now!

I wonder if Fluxx is going to be another cheapie production like Can't Stop. Must be. Hope the long development time for Agricola means they're giving it the proper treatment. I know that just in terms of implementing all the rules it must be quite a bit of work given all the card effects in that game.

When you go through the FAQ for the cards you can imagine the job they've got on.
I wonder if they are going to create different pricing bundles for the E, I and K decks.

Also according to their post on BGG Through The Ages is on the back burner while Codito shove Game Center functionality into Ra, because of the Open Feint shenanigans.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I really wonder how they did Fluxx, with the constantly changin complex rules. It'd suck if you won but the game didn't notice.

Slacker

Catan and Catan HD both dropped to 2.99 today. Does this game still not have online multiplayer?

I've had this on my "want" list on appshopper for as long as I can remember. When I saw the update notification I was excited for a couple seconds, but alas. Pretty disappointing that the game has been out for over two years and they still haven't gotten multiplayer going. The IAP is still 5 bucks each, right? I'd pay $13 for the whole shebang with multiplayer for sure.

Smiley90

War On Terror is free (from 4.99) atm, it looks like a more expanded version of Risk? No multiplayer as of yet... Does anyone know the original boardgame, or has tried the iOS game?

Heel

As far as Catan goes, don't waste your time. The first tutorial map doesn't even display correctly on my iPad, and it won't let you scroll to correct it. Then when I move the robber the game stops taking turns.

On top of that I accidentally bought the iPhone version. Will Apple give me a refund for these?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just saw an ad for Fluxx, and not that I super care since the game is seriously meh, but it doesn't have async either. If Agricola doesn't have async...then I will be really really sad.

Smiley90

Just saw an ad for Fluxx, and not that I super care since the game is seriously meh, but it doesn't have async either. If Agricola doesn't have async...then I will be really really sad.

Fluxx doesn't have async? Oh C'mon Playdek :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I presume they have the C-team on these light games (Can't Stop, Fluxx) and are just rushing development. That's what it seems like at least.

Smiley90

I presume they have the C-team on these light games (Can't Stop, Fluxx) and are just rushing development. That's what it seems like at least.

To be fair for them, they've been tweeting that they're hiring like a once a week for the past half year. It's not for lack of trying.

Heel

BGG has been saying Fluxx is 4 player async. Did that change?

Tentative release date is Dec 19th.

pic1496199_md.png

Smiley90

Nah looks like I may have been mistaken (and I can't get the ad to show up again for me to make sure).

YEAH YOU BETTER.

Fluxx seems like it would work great for async, if they get the constant rule-switching bugless. That's my biggest fear. If it works though, it seems like a great iOS game. Not too much screen space needed, and not a game that's constantly brought up at home.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I agree. Not a huge fan of the title but I would definitely get it for the GAF async. Can't Stop is just really collecting virtuadust for me because of its lack of async.

Smiley90

I agree. Not a huge fan of the title but I would definitely get it for the GAF async. Can't Stop is just really collecting virtuadust for me because of its lack of async.

Oddly enough, my gf loves playing Pass&Play Can't Stop with me. She hates boardgames usually. I won't complain! I think it's because it's so light and luck-based and she's usually not one for deep strategy, so I end up winning most of those games, which makes her dislike them... Lol

Oddly enough, my gf loves playing Pass&Play Can't Stop with me. She hates boardgames usually. I won't complain! I think it's because it's so light and luck-based and she's usually not one for deep strategy, so I end up winning most of those games, which makes her dislike them... Lol

This is why I still havent bitten the bullet on buying all the Summoner Wars everything, because while I may lose to lots of people here, Ive still playing over 100 matches, and would absolutely crush my friends in that game who have never played it.

I got my buddy to buy Ascension and Nightfall and Ive won 80% of our Ascension games ( weve probably played 30 or so, and all 20 of our Nightfall games. Im not trying to brag, because I know im not even that good compared to most of you people (though I do beat Smiley a lot...) its just a whole different game when Ive played 100 matches in something with a wide variety of people with entirely different strategies and ways of thinking, before they have even played 1 game, haha.

Top Bottom