• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Damn, Smiley, 1250? Who are you padding your stats with? ;-)

Ray, as usual.

Kidding aside, I only play against Gaffers... it's kinda annoying to have 1250 actually, I keep getting random friend invites, and I can't even properly decline them because for some reason it's all bugged out. I've been declining the same friend invite at least 30 times now, whenever I start up the game -.-

Heel

Smiley0th may have 1250 Racer Feud points, but we all know he's losing to The Intimidator in the Winston Cup standings.

0WQRl.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So apparently I got kicked out of all of the races with you guys because the game never gave me any notifications. Nice.

It doesn't give badge notifications, only message ones. Maybe you didn't get any (it's buggy), but that's worth noting for everyone.

AirBrian

Ray, as usual.

Kidding aside, I only play against Gaffers... it's kinda annoying to have 1250 actually, I keep getting random friend invites, and I can't even properly decline them because for some reason it's all bugged out. I've been declining the same friend invite at least 30 times now, whenever I start up the game -.-

1st Place Problems.

:p

And this game needs customizable cars! I can imagine Heel adding a 3 to his car!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Been way too long since we had a legit big release. Can't Stop was a big letdown, bugs aside Racer Feud was a pleasant surprise but not a big release. I know these guys want to get their games out in time for the holidays so hopefully that means we'll get some real activity in the next month.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Agricola will be our saviour.

Wild Cards:
-Stone Age (new developer, seems serious)
-Eclipse (Big Daddy's, which is an OK but not great developer)
-Wings of Glory (also Big Daddy's, could be really fun async game though because the tabletop one can be a riot)

And I think that's about it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yes! Well people got more skeptical around release time (though I tragically held out hope) but there was a lot of Hopium inhaled over the past year or two. Sadly we can include RGG on the list of publishers who have no fucking clue when it comes to digital (see also Days of Wonder), which is a huge bummer.

Just hope that it's not the Can't Stop team working on Agricola for Playdek. Hell, not even the Ascension/SW team because I want some damn chat already.

ARGH how is Carcassonne still far and away the shining example of how to do a mobile board game right!?

Heel

Send me your Racer Feud invites!

Not taking on any more Ascension games. Been fun, though. I'll probably jump back in when a new expansion drops.

oipic

Hi gang - might I have clumsily missed the Le Havre sale, or might it not have been discounted here in Australia (showing as $5.49 for me)? Does anyone know either way? Thanks!

Smiley90

Hi gang - might I have clumsily missed the Le Havre sale, or might it not have been discounted here in Australia (showing as $5.49 for me)? Does anyone know either way? Thanks!

It goes on sale every once in a while, so don't worry, there'll be another one. If Codito is like most devs, they'll have a sale when their next title (Through the Ages) hits sometime this month.

Smiley90

Looks like I won a game in Racer Feud with the following outcome:

Me - 1st
Astro - Crashed
Czar - Crashed
Someone else - kicked (sorry forgot who it was and the game doesn't show up anymore)

I WIN.

For some reason, a lot of games randomly are now "finished" with noone being actually done and noone getting points, what's up with that oO

Does anyone understand the leaderboard scores and how they are calculated.
I've probably only earned 100-150 points through races and I've got 383.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
So I've been having a lot of fun with Elder Sign recently, just beating all the missions (base + expansions). Game could hugely benefit from achievements though.

What's really interesting to me is how they basically seem to have ditched the tabletop game for the iOS app, which has two expansions that don't even exist IRL. I enjoy the app so much, I really wanted to get the tabletop but then I remembered it only has the crappy base mission.

How complex is this game, if you're totally new to it? I watched a light tutorial on youtube and it seemed fairly simple. Would you say this is true? :)

mercviper

How complex is this game, if you're totally new to it? I watched a light tutorial on youtube and it seemed fairly simple. Would you say this is true? :)

Pretty simple.

You have 6 dice (referred to as glyphs) with which you have to roll and match the objectives shown on each of the 6 available events. You can increase this number to a total of 8 via cards that unlock the yellow and red dice. If you don't manage to roll one of the objectives you can make a re-roll with 1 less die.

Completing an objective will also force a re-roll with the remaining dice to complete any remaining objectives.

Completing an event will gain you the rewards shown for the event. Some of these may be bad like additional monsters or doom track.

To win the game you need to gain a number of elder signs equal to the boss' requirement. If you fail to do so before the doom track completes, then the boss is summoned and you have to fight the boss or lose the game. The doom track should increase by 1 every 4 turns (midnight), so if you have a party of 4 it will increase after everybody on your team has done something.

That's the basics w/o covering stuff like the entrance shop, hp/sanity, clue re-rolls, and spell glyphs/focusing.

I'd say you'll be fine.
It's easy to play, but hard to beat (I've only defeated Yig - just needed 2 Elder signs to defeat Azathoth just now).
The in-game manual describes everything fairly well and it includes video clips showing how to play.

CzarTim

I'm not sure why, but I can't stand Felicia Day. The episodes with just Wil are good, as soon as Felicia Day is in it i roll my eyes.

Yeah, they were playing The Last Night on Earth and she 'roleplayed' a zombie who didn't attack and just hung out in the hospital all game. It was insufferable.

Smiley90

AIGHT, THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR A TOURNAMENT.

I beat bonesquad 2-0 in the SW tourney. First game was a blowout, 2nd game was reaaaally close until the very end.

There's definitely something odd about the ranking points.
I've finished 2nd in two races today.
Race 1 was a 2p race and I got 18 points, and went from 383 to 401.
Race 2 was 3p and I got 18 points again but went from 401 to 437 (36!).
It looks like you (possibly erroneously) get awarded extra points for being in bigger races.

Top Bottom