• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

pilonv1

Racer Feud dev posted on Pocket Tactics that they're testing Game Center support and it's working so far. First update should be within 24hrs too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Everybody take a break from election results for exciting CARC TOURNEY RESULTS!!!!

-AstroLad defeats mikeworks via the game timing him out for inactivity

whhhooooooooooooo!

Looks like they fixed the track download bug with the update too.
The current races still using the extra tracks seem ok (I think).

The underdog couldn't take the pressure...

Carc tourney final:

Astrolad: 96
Gamecocks625: 89

(or something like that)

Congrats, Astro! Good series there and good tourney overall, guys.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Carc tourney final:

(or something like that)

Great game. Seemed like I would coast early on and then you made a huge comeback with some excellent field placements.

ggs all! :)

Heel

Carc tourney final:

(or something like that)

In a double elimination tournament, the person in the finals who had already lost once in the tournament has to win two sets. I'm assuming you only lost one set, right?

This ain't over!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In a double elimination tournament, the person in the finals who had already lost once in the tournament has to win two sets. I'm assuming you only lost one set, right?

This ain't over!

He lost twice, see his previous post :p

Heel

He lost twice, see his previous post :p

iquTp6kNrEwZW.gif

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
So I bought Elder Sign: Omens a few days ago, and I'm having a blast with it. But one question though. During my second playthrough against Yig I only got 5 glyphs to conjure each round for the first few rounds.

Is this a bug? The first and the third time I had all 6, and now 6 against Tsathoggua as well.

Anyone heard of this before? Not that it's that big of a deal though.

mercviper

So I bought Elder Sign: Omens a few days ago, and I'm having a blast with it. But one question though. During my second playthrough against Yig I only got 5 glyphs to conjure each round for the first few rounds.

Is this a bug? The first and the third time I had all 6, and now 6 against Tsathoggua as well.

Anyone heard of this before? Not that it's that big of a deal though.

You probably had an event that locked one of your glyphs. Which means you can't use that 6th glyph until you defeat the event/monster that has it locked.

This can get really bad if you have multiple locked glyphs :/ I'd had 3 locked at 1 time. 2 green 1 yellow.

Lupin3

You probably had an event that locked one of your glyphs. Which means you can't use that 6th glyph until you defeat the event/monster that has it locked.

This can get really bad if you have multiple locked glyphs :/ I'd had 3 locked at 1 time. 2 green 1 yellow.

Ah, thanks! Didn't even know what the locked glyphs meant, but now I do! :)

Great game. Seemed like I would coast early on and then you made a huge comeback with some excellent field placements.

ggs all! :)

Yeah it was a good one. I'd start to build a city, thinking everything is fine and then you'd get a perfect piece to tie it. I still can't believe I took that large field at the end.

I think what turned the tide was the incomplete city/cloister right there at the beginning. That set me back and I was in comeback mode the rest of the time. Just didn't have enough meeple left to get it done. Fun game nonetheless!

This ain't over!

Ha thanks for the enthusiasm! We need to do a Carc match soon, too.

Lupin3

Although, now a green glyph is locked, but there's no adventure/monster that's locking it. Weird?

Lupin3

Always locked by either an adventure or monster. It will always be indicated by the pulsating from the location.

Well, there was none! One of the green glyphs to the left on the map had a lock on it, but when I went through all the adventures and monsters I couldn't find it. It was nowhere to be seen, and there was no pulsating green circle.

But again, it doesn't matter. Since I beat Tsathoggua on my first try anyway. Yay! Loving this game! :)

Smiley90

Ohgod, I somehow must've missed that Playdek is also working on Fluxx. Yesssssssss. seems like it would work well with online async. Their release-date "calendar" is now:

Agricola: Winter
Tank on Tank: Winter
Fluxx: Winter
Smash Up: Soon
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil: Soon

What's sooner, Soon or Winter? :p

Heel

Ha thanks for the enthusiasm! We need to do a Carc match soon, too.

lol yeah send me an invite sometime.

Ohgod, I somehow must've missed that Playdek is also working on Fluxx. Yesssssssss. seems like it would work well with online async.

Saw this on Tabletop and it looked like it would be fun, at least in person. Online with no chat? Who knows.

Are there a bunch of different variants to Fluxx? Sounds like it would be perfect for IAPs.

Smiley90

lol yeah send me an invite sometime.

Saw this on Tabletop and it looked like it would be fun, at least in person. Online with no chat? Who knows.

Are there a bunch of different variants to Fluxx? Sounds like it would be perfect for IAPs.

there's like... 6 different versions. Pirates, Space, Martian, uh... wait, lemme take a look. Okay, my local gamestore has these versions:

Oz, Cthulhu, Star, Pirate, Family, Stoner, Martian, Monthy Python, Pandora's Box, Zombie, Eco and the original Fluxx.

Jesus Christ. And those are only the ones my store has, not even sure if that's ALL of them. Maybe 1 buck per version and then a pack of all of them for 7 bucks or so? who knows.

sladeums

Need some more Ascension action.

After punishing Heel into early retirement I only have 3 regular opponents left.

Send me an invite if you're interested in some ongoing matches.

In the middle of an advanced race on Racer Feud. It's much more fun with the tyre options and slipstreaming. Not sure how pit stops work though.

Smiley90

In the middle of an advanced race on Racer Feud. It's much more fun with the tyre options and slipstreaming. Not sure how pit stops work though.

you race through at any speed, just make a stop in your spot. I think it allows you to change tires (?) and/or refreshes your "power ups" (?)

you race through at any speed, just make a stop in your spot. I think it allows you to change tires (?) and/or refreshes your "power ups" (?)
That's if I make it that far. Have had to crunch down from 5th twice. The bonus point can be counterproductive too.

This game of SW with CzarTim has been just stupid. I've hit pretty much every roll hell one of my champs has rolled 3/3 3x in a row now. All the while he hasn't hit on anything. He got one champ out and I killed it 4/4 after it had already been chipped for 1/1 damage with another minion in the round before.

Just stupid. Haha.

CzarTim

This game of SW with CzarTim has been just stupid. I've hit pretty much every roll hell one of my champs has rolled 3/3 3x in a row now. All the while he hasn't hit on anything. He got one champ out and I killed it 4/4 after it had already been chipped for 1/1 damage with another minion in the round before.

Just stupid. Haha.

Yeah, I have awful luck. :p

Top Bottom