• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Purchased Hero Academy with all add-ons. Nickname same as my GC. The server was a bit wonky earlier when I tried buying the tribe, I hope this isn't affecting game invites.

IllumiNate

Purchased Hero Academy with all add-ons. Nickname same as my GC. The server was a bit wonky earlier when I tried buying the tribe, I hope this isn't affecting game invites.

You bought all the Addons right from the get go? I just started playing myself today and I really enjoy it. I've only got the dwarf pack so far.
Add me Hero Academy name is :CottonBaller GC: C0ttonBaller

Only getting Nightfall games that were 4-5 people and not being able to start my own games, was buggin the shit outa me, haha.

sooooooooo, I deleted some people from my GameCentre list, sorry if I deleted you! I just went by similar games, and if you only had 1 or 2 similar games that I like to play then I removed you. Im an ass, and im sorry ! :p

All these games are starting to get out of hand though, I might have to stop playing a few!

You canned me and we have at least 5 games in common! :p

You bought ll the Addons right from the get go? I just started playing myself today and I really enjoy it. I've only got the dwarf pack so far.
Add me Hero Academy name is :CottonBaller GC: C0ttonBaller

Highly recommended from a fellow Gaffer and as always was right. Super fun, light romp. I'll send you some invites.

Carc, Ascension and Nightfall going well. Only a couple TtRP games. Hero Academy is another thread, but, that action has cooled down to an icebox.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Carc, Ascension and Nightfall going well. Only a couple TtRP games. Hero Academy is another thread, but, that action has cooled down to an icebox.

I'm in like 10 Hero Academy games atm, I don't know what you're talking about.

IllumiNate

I'm in like 10 Hero Academy games atm, I don't know what you're talking about.

I've got 3 games of Hero Academy going, roodiculous just devestated my team last turn. :( oh Smiley hit me up for a game, I'm a fellow Canadian from B.C

Edit: Hero Academy name is :CottonBaller GC: C0ttonBaller

Smiley90

I've got 3 games of Hero Academy going, roodiculous just devestated my team last turn. :( oh Smiley hit me up for a game, I'm a fellow Canadian from B.C

What's your Hero Academy nick?

First I was gonna say "You're creepy", then I realized what my avatar was...

butzopower

proud of his butz
Playing with the wound count off in Nightfall is weird. I was able to double up on an action, and the 'smart' move would have been to target the ridiculous number of minions AstroLad countered with. But I basically realized I was screwed if I killed some or not, and so I doubled up a direct damage action, and ended the game in a win. It felt a lot more risky with the wound count hidden, and I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't felt screwed already.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey Mecha, can you re-send me a Nightfall invite but make it like 21 days or whatever. Gonna be tough for me to get as many turns in during the week and with these Playdek games that's the amount of time you have for ALL turns. Thanks!

Reminder to all: On the spreadsheet X if you have base game & want to play, O if you have expansions, underline if you REALLY REALLY want to play.

Also having to log in twice to pay Nightfall is currently at the top of my list of iOS boardgamer first-world problems. ugh

Card Boy

Banned
Took myself off for Kard Combat, i feel its pay2win. I did some online battles and alot of people had at least 20 more HP over me. Its limited to 4 battles on the ladder, so i assume the paid version has items that increase HP or something. I already know the basic version has items that increases mana pools for certain elements.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've been carrying around my iPad pretty much all day, taking turns very often. And this is the first time today I'm at zero board-game notifications. *exhale*

mercviper

Okay, with the expansion to ascension I don't feel as screwed when I've practically committed to a strat at the beginning of the game based on the first 15 cards now. So now I like the game a lot more than i did before.

Also, always great to knock out a game of ascension in six minutes. Thanks astrolad and tm24 for those. :)

Smiley90

Okay, with the expansion to ascension I don't feel as screwed when I've practically committed to a strat at the beginning of the game based on the first 15 cards now. So now I like the game a lot more than i did before.

Also, always great to knock out a game of ascension in six minutes. Thanks astrolad and tm24 for those. :)

Yeah the expansion gives way to a lot more strategy, can't wait for Nightfall expansions to hit too. :)

Also, feelsgoodman:
xoLHZ.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep!

the nightfall expansions will be great -- presuming they fix the connectivity bug by then because that will drive me insane. Man do I wish you could multitask out of those Playdek apps too.

Smiley90

yep!

the nightfall expansions will be great -- presuming they fix the connectivity bug by then because that will drive me insane. Man do I wish you could multitask out of those Playdek apps too.

Everything you just said. It drives me crazy that I can't even double-tap the home button (without leaving the app!) without it kicking me back to the menu. That together with the server-connection probs is driving me nuts. Ascension doesn't have multitasking either, but at least the connectivity works there, so it's a faster process...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah you can check your notifications in Ascension as well which you can't in Nightfall. I think Playdek does an amazing job . . . 90% of the way. Can we give the remaining 10% to TheCodingMonkeys? :D

tm24

Man, our games were all super close. Come in people, more ascension!

Also, I love seeing smiley win some games. Feels like I mentored him and now he stole all the strategies I stole. How do you take screenshots? I have no idea you could do that

yep!

Yeah, it was really worth it for me to get back down to 50, everything works great now.

On thing I don't like about playdek is that they have their servers set up in some weird way that my Internet here at work doesn't work with it, so I can't play my turns in ascension and nightfall here. It sucks.

I've been looking into this fealty game too, watched the dice tower reviews on YouTube, it seems pretty cool, I might have to get it pretty soon.

Good news bad new time!

Good news, blokus HD is free!

Bad news, some assfuck is messing with the google dock. Guess were gonna have to lock it and only let certain people edit it now.

Smiley90

Good news bad new time!

Good news, blokus HD is free!

Bad news, so assfuck is messing with the google dock. Guess were gonna have to lock it and only let certain people edit it now.

Great news, like I said in the other thread, I'll go check out if Gameloft did a good job of porting it. The boardgame Blokus is awesome (think 4player-tetris with a twist.... no i have no idea how to describe it, really), so I hope they didn't mess with it.

EDIT: Yeah the port is really bad, unfortunately :( Touch controls are extremely unresponsive, the input lags a lot and the graphics look like they're made by Kairosoft. Damn, so much potential. :(

eznark

Banned
Adding myself to the spreadsheet. What's with the DSAASDASADAS stuff?

Also, just wondering if this is a problem with my settings or something, but my Ascension notifications only work on one device at a time. So if I am playing on the iPad then leave it at home, the notification don't show up on the phone. It's very odd and has led to me no longer playing since I feel like a shit for playing slow. I'm going to start just playing on the phone though, so I'm back in for Ascension games.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Someone effed with the spreadsheet...I tried repairing it a little but I honestly don't remember what went in every slot.

Adding myself to the spreadsheet. What's with the DSAASDASADAS stuff?

Also, just wondering if this is a problem with my settings or something, but my Ascension notifications only work on one device at a time. So if I am playing on the iPad then leave it at home, the notification don't show up on the phone. It's very odd and has led to me no longer playing since I feel like a shit for playing slow. I'm going to start just playing on the phone though, so I'm back in for Ascension games.

I noticed the same thing and haven't found a fix for it yet.

Heel

Blokus free, awesome! Grabbed both.

As far as someone messing with the spreadsheet, you can always go to File > See revision history to restore an old copy.

It also tells you who messed with it (johnjohnwohn, you're a loser).

IllumiNate

The first game I played of Hero Academy I came out victorious. Roodiculous had me sweating though, it was a very good game. I was down to one last hit on my crystal and he had three guys left, that was a hard play that took me a while to figure out. Good game
Photo2012-04-0995539AM-1.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
these are the consequences of my not taking turns in my sleep:
FOQlb.jpg

as far as the spreadsheet, heel can you lock it with a p/w and then maybe pm the pw to everyone? only nice thing about free editing is that people can update freely, i don't mind there being a speedbump to signing up -- actually might be good since it gets people posting and aware of updates to the thread itself

Heel

We can always hide the password in the forum code so you have to be a NeoGAF member to see it.

Quote for example

I don't think it's a big deal to have it public though, unless someone gets persistent about trying to ruin it. Anyone here can restore the spreadsheet to right before someone gets destructive. Kinda like Wikipedia, haha.

tm24

To take a screenshot hit the home and hold/power buttons at the same time. Your iDevice should flash white and store the picture in your gallery.
Cool, thanks

Also, I can't believe there's people devoted to trolling neogaf outside of neogaf. But yeah, glad google docs saves revisions

I hear ya Astro. This is what I woke up to this morning. This is not a bad thing, just, takes me a break in the morning at work to get around to them.

j3qBsZVjBAPqf.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Am I crazy to think that for 3+ player games of Nightfall, damage counter should be on (at least sometimes)? Otherwise it's really hard to keep track of who's getting hit and I think someone could get by just on people not noticing. Know there's a gang up on the leader aspect with counter on but I think that's part of the point as well.

mercviper

Am I crazy to think that for 3+ player games of Nightfall, damage counter should be on (at least sometimes)? Otherwise it's really hard to keep track of who's getting hit and I think someone could get by just on people not noticing. Know there's a gang up on the leader aspect with counter on but I think that's part of the point as well.

I'd agree with that, especially with async since there isn't a notes section and I'm not going to remember who was hit last when microturns take 1 hour+. Hell I don't even remember if I've been attacked in any particular game until the wounds start showing up in my draws.

If it was a game where we were all there from start to finish then I don't think it would be a problem though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It'd be cool if these games had a way of surfacing games where everyone was online. Yucata does this. I know apps can detect when you're in the app itself and message that to others, but I don't think it works at the broader system level though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightfall is a really clever game. Not really deep or anything but it's cool how you can have a big lead but it's all in danger because you can get absolutely clobbered on the last turn. The heart of the game really comes down to when the end-game is triggered I find.

Nightfall is a really clever game. Not really deep or anything but it's cool how you can have a big lead but it's all in danger because you can get absolutely clobbered on the last turn. The heart of the game really comes down to when the end-game is triggered I find.

Like Mario Party!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Man...is it just me or does The Tribe in Hero Academy seem like absolute steamrollers? I but over there with my witch doctor dude and gib their fully buffed super unit with a scroll and upgraded weapon standing on a power block...then pop him for like 400 damage to all the surrounding people.

In one move I compromised the guy's entire setup. Total madness :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
No, only when I lose is it like Mario Party. When I win it is the result of careful planning and tactical cunning.

blackflag

Man...is it just me or does The Tribe in Hero Academy seem like absolute steamrollers? I but over there with my witch doctor dude and gib their fully buffed super unit with a scroll and upgraded weapon standing on a power block...then pop him for like 400 damage to all the surrounding people.

In one move I compromised the guy's entire setup. Total madness :lol

They seem OP to me. I typhooned 5 people in a U shape formation my direction, then owned all of them with my super unit. It was ridiculous.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Picked up Blokus. Seems like all the bad reviews are from literally one feature (blinking hints) that would be trivial to turn off. Interesting.

Nightfall connectivity/friends bug is fixed!

Top Bottom