• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Never knew that being an Offical Canadian and all. I didn't know you are in Canada. At least you got rid of that awful Canucks Avatar.

Oh you don't worry, it'll come back eventually. Sunday? ;) (were you an oilers or flames fan again...)

And yeah the social insurance card of Canadians has no expiry date, mine does :p

Oh you don't worry, it'll come back eventually. Sunday? ;) (were you an oilers or flames fan again...)

And yeah the social insurance card of Canadians has no expiry date, mine does :p

Why would you bring it back on Sunday? Thats the day you will lose to the Oilers! You should bring it back Saturday, thats the day you will beat the Ducks! And then hide it again for the Sunday game.

Grifter

I got some locals into Carc last week and have been gently nudging them towards each other's throats. It's led to transcribed aggro like this:

Alright. So the players in this drama are, in order of appearance: Gary's wife, referred to as C; Wasim, referred to as W; Myself, referred to as H; Gary, referred to as G.

The stage: A new game of Carcassone, built upon my Glorious Empire. C and W enter, already bickering and pointing fingers in an effort to assign blame for their losses.

C: Yo W I replayed the finish to the game where Greg won and I blame you now

W: Cool story, bro. Tell me more. That perch is coming down. Your cities are all gonna burn in the dark righteousness of my fury!

H: My favourite part was when I stole wasim's farmland with the very last move.

C: Yeah ok, you put down a monastery that connected Greg's fields.

W: Don't blame me for you not being good enough to mitigate the damage of other players.

G: (eating popcorn)

W: AYNCHUNT SHYNEEZ SUKRETS!!!!!!

H: This may be the saltiest I've ever seen wasim.

W: Not really..just frustrated that I'm stuck with frauds.

H: Hey, you want to come over? My dinner is a little under-seasoned.

W: Then learn to cook.

H: Oh man, now it's snowing! Help me de-ice my parking lot?

(For the ease of the reader, I've omitted the time stamps; the audience should be aware that the previous message was sent at 10:23pm, and the upcoming message was sent at 7:34am the following morning. This is how much time it took for W to think of a clever response, and this is what he came up with.)

W: Pretty big shit talker for winning all of one game. Guess even toddlers can feel like big boys when they're on their tricycles.

H: Hey now, let's keep it neat and keep it clean!

W: lol

And the curtain closes.

Epilogue: In other games of carc, I haven't come in first. Unless you define "first" to be "ahead of W". In which case, I think in most of the games I've played with W, I've come in first. So there's that to consider as well.

Edit: I'm not sure, but G may have made a reference to angry texts from W as well; I'm not privy to those messages and I can't make any comment as to their existence or their contents.

pilonv1

Finally picked up Lost Cities, feel free to invite me to some games.

Does anyone still play Racer Feud or did the terrible launch kill it?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yes, it was a great game.. until the end :p

Don't know how often you guys play but Quarter to Three is having a monthly PA card game league (in addition to Ascension and Neuroshima Hex). For those who want some challenges this is a good place (i'm in all 3 leagues)

PA Card Game League Linkie

I tried joining this forum but it's been like three weeks I think since I submitted my registration. Is it a GAF-like wait time?

pilon, and anyone else definitely up for lost cities, don't have enough games of that going. (same for ascension actually)

Hereafter

I tried joining this forum but it's been like three weeks I think since I submitted my registration. Is it a GAF-like wait time?

pilon, and anyone else definitely up for lost cities, don't have enough games of that going. (same for ascension actually)

It's quite a while for a wait time. If you want, PM me your handle and email and I'll ask Tom to forward it through. No offense to GAFfers but the Ascension and other boardgame players are much stronger over @ QT3. The world champion of IOS Ascension host the Ascension league (the league is 3 years now!) there.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'd wager our top carc players could do alright :D

i don't aspire to anything other than casual fun in any other ios async game though. that will change when agricola drops however :p

i'm astrolad, pretty much everywhere

Heel / [Slade]. Le Havre.
The buildings that are available to build need bricks. You'll need to upgrade some clay in the brickworks first. That's probably why you can't do it.
Are you playing on a phone? It's hard to distinguish the resources.

Carc and Ascension!! (afaicr). Although I always consider me Ascension wins lucky since I really don't have much strategy to my gameplay. :p

Sorry guys, I did the best I could. Astro clearly hacked the game and got the tiles he needed. I'm all about fair play but whatever ;)

Heel

Heel / [Slade]. Le Havre.
The buildings that are available to build need bricks. You'll need to upgrade some clay in the brickworks first. That's probably why you can't do it.
Are you playing on a phone? It's hard to distinguish the resources.

Ahhhh for some reason I thought it was asking for clay and not brick. I'm on iPad so I can't use that as an excuse lol.

I misjudged one round of feeding workers in our game and it absolutely wrecked me.

Quoting for this current page since my request got lost at the bottom of last page.

Welcome! Probably best to add some people from the spreadsheet that have the games you want to play underlined rather than wait to be added.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Will do. Sorry for cluttering the thread. (I'd had spotty results using the spreadsheet in the past.)
If there's anyone not responding let me know here or via PM and I'll remove them. Really the whole point of it is so people can jump in and have tons of opponents at the ready so of anyone is slacking we can just remove them.

Not that posting for matches is cluttering (I know I've done it a million times) but sometimes if you want to get a bunch of matches going the spreadsheet can be really helpful.

eznark

Banned

You could probably PM tomchick and he'll help you out.

It's quite a while for a wait time. If you want, PM me your handle and email and I'll ask Tom to forward it through. No offense to GAFfers but the Ascension and other boardgame players are much stronger over @ QT3. The world champion of IOS Ascension host the Ascension league (the league is 3 years now!) there.

I played in the Ascension tourney, I lost a couple of my games due to just bad luck, but if it had been best of 3, I probably would have kept going. I don't see them being better than people like Doc Wily, Sladeums, MechaOctobot, etc.

eznark

Banned

At least we know better than to use every deck simultaneously!

Hereafter

You should be good to go. Please try logging in.

Flunkie

Banned
Brutal. :(

qhnwacb.jpg

CzarTim

They canceled the Small World 2 Kickstarter and said they plan on relaunching it in a couple of months. iPad update coming no matter what:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daysofwonder/small-world-2/posts/391949

" existing customers of Small World iPad will be able to upgrade to the new iPad version of Small World, which will include asynchronous online play and 3-5 player maps, at no cost when it ships. Be Not Afraid will be available as an IAP purchase, not unlike the current Cursed and Grand Dames expansions.
And when we relaunch the campaign, there will be a way for existing iPad players of Small World to acquire the new kickstarter bonus pack of new races and powers that Philippe has designed, even if you're not interested in any other aspect of the campaign relaunch."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it all sounds quite complicated, but they said the magic word -- async -- so sign me up. it could be a really awesome gaf game.

CzarTim

it all sounds quite complicated, but they said the magic word -- async -- so sign me up. it could be a really awesome gaf game.

It's a perfect game for aynsc since there is little-to-no back-and-forth during a player's turn (like SW) and there is also a set number of turns in each game, so games won't take forever.

The game itself is actually fairly straight forward. I'd put it on par with Summoner Wars, if not a tad simpler. It's also less reliant on luck. That said, the variability in terms of races + powers adds a ton of replayability. It really all comes down to knowing what all the skills do and taking advantage of them.

I'm so weirdly compartmental with my iPad and iPhone. I pretty much only game on my iPhone now, and iPad is just for comics.

Probably because it's still a first gen iPad. But I feel like there's a few games, especially board/card, that I'm missing out on.

Hereafter

Nice, thanks! Are there any leagues starting up? Couldn't find any other than the existing Ascension and BotB ones.

PA:

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=71718

NH (my favorite):

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=71572

If you put your name in now, it will make next month much easier to follow.

In other news I beat Smiley in SW

First Game: PE vs TO. Slow game, I couldn't rush TO with getting slaughtered and likewise. It was basically a battle of attrition but PE usually wins those. I also think we both have rust from not playing in awhile. I did have some pickup matches here and now so it was a disadvantage to Smiley for sure.

Second Game: PE vs GD. I rushed Smiley before he could get GROR out and clean board. I think the battle turned when he used his defender to protect his Summoner. Protip: blocking units never worked vs PE.

So 2-0 for me
20-0 tourney total
. So do I get a crown or cape or something else that starts with C?

bonesquad

The letter C huh... I can think of only one word for someone who goes 20-0. Cheater:) Or maybe Cheap, like those Burn cards.

I see that one Racer Feud game that never strarted finally fell off my list. Though I think the two games I do have going will take longer than a GAF tournament. Good god. Imagine a Racer Feud GAF tournament. It might finish by 2019. Maybe.

Hey look, my QT3 forum account was approved too.

Smiley90

PA:

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=71718

NH (my favorite):

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=71572

If you put your name in now, it will make next month much easier to follow.

In other news I beat Smiley in SW

First Game: PE vs TO. Slow game, I couldn't rush TO with getting slaughtered and likewise. It was basically a battle of attrition but PE usually wins those. I also think we both have rust from not playing in awhile. I did have some pickup matches here and now so it was a disadvantage to Smiley for sure.

Second Game: PE vs GD. I rushed Smiley before he could get GROR out and clean board. I think the battle turned when he used his defender to protect his Summoner. Protip: blocking units never worked vs PE.

So 2-0 for me
20-0 tourney total
. So do I get a crown or cape or something else that starts with C?

Yeah in the first game I figured someone had to start doing something, and since that person is usually NOT you (pfff), I figured I could either wait 20 turns or save both of us the annoyance.

Second game I made a stupid mistake with the defender, totally forgot about the fact that you could simply kill him before moving if you had the card. whoops. Haven't played in months :p

Smiley90

Hello all,

Round One of our Agricola playtest team has been formed. You are being considered for Round Two, which will be formed in a few weeks.

So, hold tight, and we will get back with you in a few weeks.

Boo :(

Top Bottom