• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

It's ok though. At least I beat you sometimes!

Jungle elves are one of the other teams I like to play. The gorilla is so fun. I might have to stray from my Fallen Kingdom guys soon. I've played a lot of matches as them now. Might be time for a change.

Edit: I just saw that you whiffed on that attack. Haha. I can still win!

A GORILLA??

I gotta play that team!!

Heel

Through the Ages is dead? That sucks.

Well, Codito's release is dead. It's been taken over by a mystery dev for release this year. Playdek please?

It's nice having a dev put out board games for iOS and all, but I feel like Codito does just enough to skirt by with barely passable implementation. It's like all the licenses they're in charge of are doomed for digital jankiness and mediocrity.

I am currently joined in all of my races...unless I can't even see the invite?

EDIT: No, it's there. Just refreshed and everything still shows up as ready to go. This game hates me.

Working now, race started!

Damnit Tim! If you get the killing blow in SW dont send the rematch! Loser sends rematch! :p

I hate seeing that its my turn, and then looking beside it to see an invite to another match, haha. Ruins the surprise of death! haha

CzarTim

Damnit Tim! If you get the killing blow in SW dont send the rematch! Loser sends rematch! :p

I hate seeing that its my turn, and then looking beside it to see an invite to another match, haha. Ruins the surprise of death! haha

Some people never reinvite. Hard to know when to initiate, but will keep that in mind for you.

Some people never reinvite. Hard to know when to initiate, but will keep that in mind for you.

Now just stop beating me with the Jungle Elves!

I wonder what the counter for them is when you play FK. I have to change how I play completely since in one turn the JE can get people all the way across the map it seems. I usually just have a strategic defence rather than a complete block off of dudes.

edit:

I don't usually send rematches but happy to play any game any time. :)

If I lose, and want to play again I will usually send an invite. If I win, I never send invites, unless its vs my few friends who I play lots of board games with.

Heel

Summoner Wars joins Nightfall as a game I bought and never finished the tutorial. I even bought the faction pack because it was on sale...haha. I'll totally get around to it one day!

Summoner Wars joins Nightfall as a game I bought and never finished the tutorial. I even bought the faction pack because it was on sale...haha. I'll totally get around to it one day!

Wtf man! Both are great games! Lots of skill involved with them!

Hereafter

Now just stop beating me with the Jungle Elves!

I wonder what the counter for them is when you play FK. I have to change how I play completely since in one turn the JE can get people all the way across the map it seems. I usually just have a strategic defence rather than a complete block off of dudes.

edit:

If I lose, and want to play again I will usually send an invite. If I win, I never send invites, unless its vs my few friends who I play lots of board games with.

Skeleton Archers helps verus the Jungle Elves but its a hard match. Play me as JE and I'll play FK.

Plus we haven't played in awhile since I took a break from the game. I'm trying to slowly get back into it. I made tons of mistakes in my matches so far, including my game with Astrolad currently.

Skeleton Archers helps verus the Jungle Elves but its a hard match. Play me as JE and I'll play FK.

Plus we haven't played in awhile since I took a break from the game. I'm trying to slowly get back into it. I made tons of mistakes in my matches so far, including my game with Astrolad currently.

I dont really know how to play anything other than FK though. The deck I use for FK probably isnt even that good, I just like the diversity of it. SW is almost TOOOOOO deep for me to be playing on iOS, haha.

Whats a good JE deck? Once I have that built, I will send you a match.

CzarTim

I dont really know how to play anything other than FK though. The deck I use for FK probably isnt even that good, I just like the diversity of it. SW is almost TOOOOOO deep for me to be playing on iOS, haha.

This is what I use, but JE is like my 3rd favorite deck so I don't play it as much.

oaiEp.jpg

Hereafter

This deck is made for fighting unknown opponents.

Gh0XSl.jpg

have to pay .99 for the courage IAP

Haha.

Im gonna roll with Hereafter's deck for this learning JE vs FK match. But I usually dont roll with so many Mercs, so in our next Tim, I will use your JE deck, or something similar though I will probably slot in a Elephant or two, cause they are fun! I kinda wanna try having all these lions though, haha.

Hereafter

Good game Astro. I knew I made a mistake moving Holleas but I covered it up (barely).

Your sly into my face was something else though. Good game.

CzarTim

But not your card points, so you're still missing half of the calculation.

Edit: At least with PA you can look at your deck and total your points, I think you can even do the same with your opponent by looking at the logs.

I really wish they'd just tally it for us on async games. Hard to keep track when you have 10 games going, some of which last weeks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is the series best out of three?

@Smiley I'm sending you an invite too so we can finish this toirney ASAP.

Haven't played SW in forever, but I'll play the tourney game :p Been preoccupied with puzzle&dragons like crazy... the only game that gets some playtime side from that atm is Carcassonne

Smiley90

Playdek just posted that Agricola beta testers will be selected next week, among those we sent in the survey :)

Tap the green card that represents your deck. Brings a decklist on screen for you. If you want to know your total, I meant it in the sense you would have to add each card up individually using the known point values of each card.

What point value?? The stars? The tokens? The power?

elfinke

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to eznark and I think it was Powersphere, whom I played a game of Carcassonne with recently, over the busy xmas period.

Always a joy to get a random Carcassonne game request from the GAF community, as otherwise I don't play it too much anymore. Same goes for Ticket To Ride :( Been neglecting iOS boardgames lately.

Davidion

Having fun with Ascension and Penny Arcade. Tried Elder Sign and Forbidden Isle; the former I just don't get, seems obstinately hard with little payoff. Forbidden seems fun but seems to me replay value falls off a cliff unless you're with friends.

Also, Astrolad, I insist you turn off your wallhack in Ascension.

Card Boy

Banned
Ultimate Showdown is pretty good.

Sort of a Magic Lite game, came out 5 days ago. It's free and matches last about 5 minutes, I found a game instantly over Gamecenter. UI is abit barebones but the game has alot of potential if the developers take it further. Rules are very easy to pick up. Booster packs and more decks take abit of grind to earn for free.

Currently the 3 themed decks are Medievel Robots, Zombies and Monkey Pirates.

mzl.ugstoean.320x480-75.jpg

Smiley90

Ultimate Showdown is pretty good.

Sort of a Magic Lite game, came out 5 days ago. It's free and matches last about 5 minutes, I found a game instantly over Gamecenter. UI is abit barebones but the game has alot of potential if the developers take it further. Rules are very easy to pick up. Booster packs and more decks take abit of grind to earn for free.

Currently the 3 themed decks are Medievel Robots, Zombies and Monkey Pirates.

mzl.ugstoean.320x480-75.jpg

Downloaded, looks like fun! I'll give it a couple tries, looking forward for some GAF-matches tmrw maybe? ;) It's pretty much a straight-up barebones copy of Magic though. Oh how I wish Wizards of the Coast expanded their Magic Online tool to iOS... I'd go bankrupt so fast.

Speaking of Playdek, Gamecocks did you ever try Ascension?

Yes and I had no idea what was going as I'm new to that genre. I feel like I need to have someone sit down with me and explain the whole thing. I get Carc...but this...hard to learn a whole new system when you have a little one running around the house! Is it worth the re-download? I can pull it back off iCloud.

Top Bottom