• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Grifter

TTR seems to involve memorizing the routes. Does that sound right?

Been playing P-A with locals and it felt completely random but I started playing online games and found players winning 66% with decent sample size so this seems pretty legit. Sad thing is I'm winning more by fighting these players' clearly defined strats than vs. my noob friends. Further proving my theory that this is the Tekken of card games.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I am on some sort of winning streak against Davidion in PA right now. It is sure to come crashing down though, fifth time's the charm Davidion!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Eclipse is coming for iOS? wat? how did we not hear about this... The big question: Does it have async multiplayer?

kennah

Hey sorry for not accepting the second game. Had to have dinner and get the kids ready for bed. Hit me up again later though (especally async)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How I managed to win that last game against Davidion just now I will not know. A one-two punch of him getting 38(!) tokens due to having a crazy amount of natural 20 cards and then getting two critical 20s on cardboard samurai cards the next round should have seen me off. He was lucky, I was luckier!

Davidion

How I managed to win that last game against Davidion just now I will not know. A one-two punch of him getting 38(!) tokens due to having a crazy amount of natural 20 cards and then getting two critical 20s on cardboard samurai cards the next round should have seen me off. He was lucky, I was luckier!

No that game was done for me unless I got the last card, which is still dubious. Problem with a green heavy strategy is that the regular non-boss cards are worth no points; so if the other player has a red heavy strategy and has a headstart it's REALLY hard to catch up to.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well I stole your strategy for that next game and got 38 power in that last turn myself, haha. I see what you mean about the red-heavy strategy though.

sr 45 : -4 mercviper
Good game.
Had a hand of 4s 5s and 6s but got lucky with a white streak.

The march of the robot continues!
Edit: ....Ruh roh, AstroLad next.
Invite coming your way.

Smiley90

whew gg -- down to the wire!

smiley -- invite incoming!

edit: it won't let me invite you, so maybe inv me?

Okay I'll do that! I haven't played in forever... this is the loser bracket final, right? I beat you in the winner bracket already, I'LL DO IT AGAIN!
not

EDIT: invite sent

Smiley90

Bah, close. It came down to who would get to play the last card :( And Astro had a 10... (so did I, but I didn't get to play mine :( )

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg mike

not a close one there.

if you start out with three investment cards, a 3 and a 7, and don't draw a single other card of that color the entire game...you're not gonna have a good time. game basically played itself for me.

another tournament down -- whoo!

GUNjpNM.jpg

Haha yeah, about 6 of my 8 cards were ones you needed and I couldn't play.

radjago

I played an offline game of PA tonight and I think I found a bug. Ties are supposed to go to the player with the most boss loot points. Here's the scoring breakdown.

Code:
                P1.     P2.
Score           61      61
Boss pts        37      43
Evil pts        24      24
Pax pox         0       -6

P1 was declared winner.

mercviper

gg mike

not a close one there.

if you start out with three investment cards, a 3 and a 7, and don't draw a single other card of that color the entire game...you're not gonna have a good time. game basically played itself for me.

another tournament down -- whoo!

This is probably the biggest reason why I don't really like LC. But at least it doesn't happen very often. :X

There's strategy in it too, like I only tied with robot that first game because I dropped a white 3 instead of a white 2, with the intent of allowing it to get me extra draws to finish, but I underestimated the amount of time I needed.

Hereafter

I played an offline game of PA tonight and I think I found a bug. Ties are supposed to go to the player with the most boss loot points. Here's the scoring breakdown.

Code:
                P1.     P2.
Score           61      61
Boss pts        37      43
Evil pts        24      24
Pax pox         0       -6

P1 was declared winner.

I found another bug, but I don't know why or how it happened.

Kf1c2lDl.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Okay. I love Summoner Wars now.

So many factions though! And I never built a deck in my LIFE!

*HONK HONK*

The deckbuilding in Summoner Wars is awesomely easy. Basically all you have to do is if you don't like a champion, swap him out for another (in faction or mercenary) and same goes for the commons. Most base builds are pretty good, but tweaking them can definitely help suit a specific strategy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone have any interest in another Lost Cities tournament? The games go pretty fast.

Always! I wonder if people would be down to play the real way (per manual) -- which is that you play three games and total up all the scores. More games, which is never a bad thing. :)

Smiley90

I think it mostly got bogged down in people forgetting about it for a few months. But yeah would be good if we can limit to people who can commit to taking 2-3 turns/day at minimum.

I think taking 2-3 turns a day isnt an issue for must, but 9h time difference between west coast and europe ;)

Smiley90

Booooooooooo!
You're still bitter after losing those Carc games.

Hey, I won one! Against Astro! In a 4P game! Still my sweetest victory.

Unless you count all my victories against Ray as one, because there were sooooooo many they surpass everything else ;) :p

Top Bottom