• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

CzarTim

Got the Ascension expansions and promo cards. Haven't played that game in forever, but feels like a good time to jump back in, so send invites!

Card Boy

Banned
So is the idea to snatch up the Everything bundles in each game?

Just Summoner Wars has a Everything Bundle 1, but it doesn't include Summoner decks by the looks of it.

I would recommend both Ascension expansions but maybe give the Promo Pack 1 a miss if money is a concern.

Hereafter

Just Summoner Wars has a Everything Bundle 1, but it doesn't include Summoner decks by the looks of it.

I would recommend both Ascension expansions but maybe give the Promo Pack 1 a miss if money is a concern.

The Everything Bundle does include everything you will need in SW until the expansion hits.

oipic

Will be jumping all over PA and the Everything Bundle for SW (and perhaps Nightfall?), great deals those. Have only played (and played) Ascension and its expansions, but if these other Playdek titles are vaguely similar in playability and quality, I'll be rapt.

Buggered if I'll ever be competent enough at any of them to take on you lot of elite die-hards, though.

Grifter

You sound thrifty so I bought all you recommended. :)

Waiting on word for Martial Law.

Still haven't gotten to TTR which I purchased months back!

Card Boy

Banned
Fluxx yes or no?

Also i'm not gonna lie Ultimate Showdown could be really good if the developers work on it abit. I noticed in the single player campaign there is a Mushroom Deck but you can't buy it, unless you can earn it from booster packs.

Card Boy

Banned
Guess i will avoid Fluxx then, i know card games have luck involved but i think Fluxx might be taking it too far. Maybe it could be a good party game on iPad?

I think the Agricola beta is starting soon. I have a good feeling about the game in general on iOS.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guess i will avoid Fluxx then, i know card games have luck involved but i think Fluxx might be taking it too far. Maybe it could be a good party game on iPad?

I think the Agricola beta is starting soon. I have a good feeling about the game in general on iOS.

They said they'll send out invites to those who submitted a survey next week... I hope I'm in :x

bonesquad

The fun of Fluxx is that it is pretty mindless. Works well between turns of other games you have going on... I just need to not be so lazy and take my turns when they do come through.

I just grabbed Martial Law and need to finally figure out Nightfall. I grabbed Nightfall the last time it was $.99, tried one game, was completely lost and went back to Ascension:) I haven't played Ascension in ages though, mostly PA/Fluxx with a random SW game thrown in recently. I need to go through this thread and find new games, once I take my current turns.

No_Style

How is the Summoner Wars community going? Better than Nightfall? I got Nightfall looking to try new deck building games but it's difficult to find games and all the games take too long because of all the back and forth. Is Summoner Wars as "busy"?

I just bought the PA game because I heard good things.

CzarTim

How is the Summoner Wars community going? Better than Nightfall? I got Nightfall looking to try new deck building games but it's difficult to find games and all the games take too long because of all the back and forth. Is Summoner Wars as "busy"?
A good number of people here play it regularly. I usually have 6-10 games going.

tm24

Man, my vita and 3Ds decided to gang up and kill all my IOS gaming. Gonna jump back big time into SW, Ascension and hopefully PA

Card Boy

Banned
So i bought the Summoner Wars Everything Bundle. Does that mean i own everything now? It doesn't give me an option to buy anything else. I thought it was missing Summoners?

I bought PA and Can't Stop. I weill have to figure out PA this weekend.

Can't Stop is weird, I need to figure some more stuff out.

Ascension is still the king.

Grifter

Now that I bought all these games at once, how do they rank in simplicity? I'm mostly new to deck building games so I'd like to work my way up.

Now that I bought all these games at once, how do they rank in simplicity? I'm mostly new to deck building games so I'd like to work my way up.

I'd go with Ascension or Penny Arcade.
Penny Arcade is a little bit simpler due to the smaller number of cards.
The turorials are ok and they provide AIs to play against so you should be up and running quicker there.

Nightfall is going to be more complicated.

Davidion

I'd go with Ascension or Penny Arcade.
Penny Arcade is a little bit simpler due to the smaller number of cards.
The turorials are ok and they provide AIs to play against so you should be up and running quicker there.

Nightfall is going to be more complicated.

PA is definitely simpler, mainly due to the lack of ongoing randomness. Although, something to note about Ascension is that it's harder to start a steamroll in that game.

Smiley90

congrats hereafter -- gaf SW champion!

patting myself on the back for my silver medal

Wat? No? Pretty sure I'm playing my semifinal
Against her right now, finally.

I'll probably lose, but still. Hereafter was gone for a while so we never got around to playing. Don't you make me an auto-forfeit! :p

Hereafter

Wat? No? Pretty sure I'm playing my semifinal
Against her right now, finally.

I'll probably lose, but still. Hereafter was gone for a while so we never got around to playing. Don't you make me an auto-forfeit! :p

I skipped to AL because it took you forever. So my series with AL is 2-0 in my favor.

Is ours a best out of 3? I just want to win and claim my throne :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pretty sure it's best of 3 all of it.

i just wanted to get it wrapped up so yeah i don't feel strongly either way

Smiley90

I skipped to AL because it took you forever. So my series with AL is 2-0 in my favor.

Is ours a best out of 3? I just want to win and claim my throne :)

Wat,I just got your invite last night and a turn notice today and I'm in lecture atm, what are you talking about.I posted in here about our tournament match a couple WEEKS backs, if not months, don't you dare tell me I'm the one who's slow in responding here lol

Hereafter

Wat,I just got your invite last night and a turn notice today and I'm in lecture atm, what are you talking about.I posted in here about our tournament match a couple WEEKS backs, if not months, don't you dare tell me I'm the one who's slow in responding here lol

I meant slow to take your turn :).

Yeah I'm sorry about before. My kids learn how to move about the same time I was getting bored with SW. It was a perfect storm of me abandoning SW.

Edit: Previous post sounded like I blamed you for the slowness. I was only ribbing, sorry!

Smiley90

I meant slow to take your turn :).

Yeah I'm sorry about before. My kids learn how to move about the same time I was getting bored with SW. It was a perfect storm of me abandoning SW.

I got your turn notice this morning and I'm lecture at the moment and will have to go renew my social insurance afterwards, so don't expect me to make many moves until later today.Have some patience, I've shown patience for weeks without judgement ;) I could've called for your forfeit by non-response a long time ago if I wanted to ;)

Hereafter

I got your turn notice this morning and I'm lecture at the moment and will have to go renew my social insurance afterwards, so don't expect me to make many moves until later today.Have some patience, I've shown patience for weeks without judgement ;) I could've called for your forfeit by non-response a long time ago if I wanted to ;)

Hehe, you should've made me forfeit. I wouldn't have blamed you.

PS. What is social insurance?

CzarTim

Speaking of tourneys, how is Lost Cities coming along?

gaflostcities1.png

Smiley90

Hehe, you should've made me forfeit. I wouldn't have blamed you.

PS. What is social insurance?

In Canada, it allows you to work and be protected under Labour laws (aka you need it if you want to work legally). Because I'm not Canadian, my social insurance has an expiry date equal to my visa expiry date.my via expired and I renewed it, now I have to renew my social insurance too. Aka sir in a government building waiting in line for 2h...

Hereafter

In Canada, it allows you to work and be protected under Labour laws (aka you need it if you want to work legally). Because I'm not Canadian, my social insurance has an expiry date equal to my visa expiry date.my via expired and I renewed it, now I have to renew my social insurance too. Aka sir in a government building waiting in line for 2h...

Never knew that being an Offical Canadian and all. I didn't know you are in Canada. At least you got rid of that awful Canucks Avatar.

Top Bottom