• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Neuroshima Hex Tournament update:

Ok, so it looks like Challonges round robin style will work for NH. So we can make it so everyone plays everyone else, I think NH has ties, so I will make it 2 points for wins and 1 point for loss and obviously no points for a loss.

Now unfortunately NH doesnt have a random team option, so Im not sure how we should do the matches. There is 3 options:

- Use a website to pick random teams
- Play 2 games and switch teams for the second game and total the points
- Just let people pick whatever they want, haha.

Also, what I would like to do (and I will see if its a built in option on Challonge) is take the top 4 people at the end of the round robin and play a super quick tournament.

Let me know what you guys think, or if you want to join in.

This is the current roster for the NH tourney:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
AstroLad
Jessecuster
Bonesquad

CzarTim

2LwKjaG.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Carc Tournament

Astrolad 115
Smiley 84

Was even close than that but smiley misplaced a meeple late. Good tense game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Carc Tournament

Astrolad 115
Smiley 84

Was even close than that but smiley misplaced a meeple late. Good tense game.

I misplaced ONE, don't exaggerate! :p the other one was just bad luck, couldn't do much about it. Plus, I'd have lost anyway, unless I'd have been able to connect to the top, which would've required some luck too. then it would've been truly close. But oh well :p I got into that matchup knowing i'd probably lose :p

I think he ment 'it was even closeR' ....but he could have also ment 'it wasN'T even close'

haha

Either way, all scores are up to date.

Dont worry about taking a while.

It seems no one has any input on the NH tourney, so I think I will just start it up later today. Round Robin style, everyone play everyone else once, we will see who is ranked 1-4 and then run a mini tournament. Time limit for the RR part will be the rest of this month. It should be easy enough to play 10 games in 3 and a half weeks, heh.

I wont take so long to get stuff like this started next time. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I haven't picked up Vegas, Steel Police, or Smart armies in NS Hex. Any good? We playing with expansion armies?

Yes they are all very fun. Actually reminded me I need to pick up Steel Police I believe.

Hi Ray, since you can only have 4 games or whatever at a time, maybe we can split into two brackets and do round robin within each, then playoffs with top two finishers from each? (Or something like that, forget our exact numbers.) I like the way QT3 handles invites which is basically you invite everyone below you, and then people above you have to invite you. Spreads out the responsibility but makes it clear.

Yes they are all very fun. Actually reminded me I need to pick up Steel Police I believe.

Hi Ray, since you can only have 4 games or whatever at a time, maybe we can split into two brackets and do round robin within each, then playoffs with top two finishers from each? (Or something like that, forget our exact numbers.) I like the way QT3 handles invites which is basically you invite everyone below you, and then people above you have to invite you. Spreads out the responsibility but makes it clear.

We can, the problem is there is 11 of us. So even split we cant play all games in each bracket at one time. I do like spliting up who invites though, since we would want it so everyone gets an equal amount of times to choose first (in theory anyway) and an equal amount of times to react to their opponents choice.

RR style is definitely a little more tricky to sort out everything. Plus I think it will be hard to split people into each 'conference' and then the order on the bracket.

Ok, Ive started the NHT1-RR. I couldnt split the brackets, but it turns out I didnt need to, it has 'rounds' where you are told who to play. so you can start up the first 2-3 rounds and work your way down at your own pace.

If your name is the top team in the bracket YOU invite and choose your team first. Everyone has 5 home, and 5 away games (I think I only did a quick check).

When every match has been played (or its been a a month/few weeks/long time), I will take the top 4 people and they will play a short 1v4 - 2v3 tournament, the winners will play for 1st and 2nd, and the losers will play for 3rd.

Make sense?

Edit: wins are worth 2 points, ties are worth 1 and losses are worth 0. So report ties.

Also, I would appreciate reporting what teams people played as, but if you forget or don't want to, I won't worry about it.
/edit

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 1

Round Robin:

http://challonge.com/NeoGAFNeuroshimaHexTournament1

Slacker

Nice job, Ray. I'm assuming we can play any game at any time and don't have to wait for the Round 1, Round 2, etc. order?

That's how I read it. I'll be sending you one here shortly if it lets me log in. Anyone else having problems? Edit: Nevermind - working now.

I would recommend starting at the top and working your way down at least. Then the matches are split up between everybody evenly.

If everyone starts from where ever and chooses astro as their first match it won't work out :p

But at least once you finish your match in a round you shouldnt have to wait to work your way down into the next round. NH only has a few active games at a time though, so if you get ahead to quickly your oppenent might not have any open slots for your match.

Also, I've mentioned it before, and I will edit it into the post, but wins are worth 2, ties are worth 1 and a loss is worth 0. So report ties.

Also, mostly for my own curiosity, but it would be nice if you reported what teams you both played as too.

Slacker

Protip: Don't just call your games "GAF Tourney" like I did. I have two going now and the stupid game doesn't tell me which one it's my turn in when I log in. >___< Trial-and-damn-error every time. :p

Protip: Don't just call your games "GAF Tourney" like I did. I have two going now and the stupid game doesn't tell me which one it's my turn in when I log in. >___< Trial-and-damn-error every time. :p

Haha. Yeah I always name mine 'Ray vs ____' or you could name them 'round 1' or whatever.

AirBrian

Whoops!

Yeah, like Ray said, I just named them "GAF Round X".

Slacker

NS Hex game P: Slacker (Outpost) 15 over AirBrian (Moloch) 0.

Totally off topic note: If any board-game-gaffers are playing StarCraft II this week look up Slacker.534. I'll be playing with plenty of gaffers I'm sure, but I don't know and love the hoi polloi at large like I know and love board-game-gaf. :p

AirBrian

NS Hex game P: Slacker (Outpost) 15 over AirBrian (Moloch) 0.

Totally off topic note: If any board-game-gaffers are playing StarCraft II this week look up Slacker.534. I'll be playing with plenty of gaffers I'm sure, but I don't know and love the hoi polloi at large like I know and love board-game-gaf. :p

I'll be lucky to get one win in this tourney! Good game, though. 'Twas a thorough ass-kicking.

kennah

Ok.... I am dumb and don't know how to make NHex multi work. It seems my name on there is Kennah so try inviting that? I guess? I couldn't find a way to invite people.. or something.

AirBrian

Ok.... I am dumb and don't know how to make NHex multi work. It seems my name on there is Kennah so try inviting that? I guess? I couldn't find a way to invite people.. or something.

Once you create a game there are two little icons in the top right: one is for email invites and the other is for GC invites. Touch the GC icon and it pulls up all your GC friends who have the game. Find who you want to invite and slide the switch next to their name...it'll then pause for a second and send an invite, tell you so when it's done. Then pick your army and hit start.

AirBrian

Just a heads-up, I'll be enjoying spring break with the kiddos the next 4 days, which means I'll be a little slower taking turns. On Monday I'll be back at work and in full-day turn-taking mode.

Just a heads-up, I'll be enjoying spring break with the kiddos the next 4 days, which means I'll be a little slower taking turns. On Monday I'll be back at work and in full-day turn-taking mode.

No worries, how goes your match with Mike?

Updated! Astro vs Tim in the Top Bracket Finals. dun dun duuuunnn.

A few people havent seemed to have logged into the online section of NH!! I cant send an invite to Jessecuster because hes no where on my list, even though we are GC friends!

UPDATE YOUR SHIT PEOPLE!!! :p

bonesquad

I received a notification that it was my turn in our NH game, but when I go to take my turn, I see you place your HQ...but then it still says AirBrian Offline. Did this get screwed up already:)

No rush though.

Jesus just had the game from hell in Carcassonne. Literally every piece my opponent needed somehow got them. Felt like the game predetermined I was gonna get my ass kicked. I like it when it's the other way around!

Whoops! Well I changed the part that I can fix. Astro will have to do the rest.

We need some more action on the NH tourney! Doesn't seem like everyone is playing it yet :p

A few people havent seemed to have logged into the online section of NH!! I cant send an invite to Jessecuster because hes no where on my list, even though we are GC friends!

UPDATE YOUR SHIT PEOPLE!!! :p

Sorry I should be ok now.

I should mention I have not even played a full game against the computer yet...

You guys should play through a few matches vs the AI. Matches are pretty quick and the game is extremely simple to learn. All the iconography on the tiles makes a lot of sense and is standard across all of the teams.

Top Bottom