• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

You missed my post for Carcassonne on the last page before you closed it! Half way up, way before you ended it.

Noooooo

Sorry! Your post was above the one where I had confirmed it being a double tourney event! Superrobot you should stay in, I will switch out. I'm not a super big carc fan anyway, I just wanted more chatter going on in this thread, I really just want to play NH :p

Now to figure out how to set this shit up....

Ok Carcassonne tournament started!

I dont know how to show a picture of the tourney, haha. uhhhh.....

edit: Printer friendly image? I dunno!

Also, I just do base game Carc, but I guess it doesnt matter as long as both people agree to whatever expansions.

edit: fixing!

IT'S MARCH NOW WHERE IS ECLIPSE

EDIT: FUUUUUU

http://www.bigdaddyscreations.com/789/eclipse-delayed-again/

They don't even mention a new release window :( At least a new video..

They say 'a few more weeks' so maybe at the end of march after cert and stuff. probably early april, assuming it doesnt get bumped again.

Also, Astro, I need you to explain how the NH tourney would work, is it the round robin option in challonge? or do we not use that site?

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
AstroLad
Jessecuster

Sorry! Your post was above the one where I had confirmed it being a double tourney event! Superrobot you should stay in, I will switch out. I'm not a super big carc fan anyway, I just wanted more chatter going on in this thread, I really just want to play NH :p

Now to figure out how to set this shit up....
Oh my bad. Didn't see that. Thanks for working me in anyways, appreciate that.

Now watch me go out in the first round.

So is this single elimination with the base pack? Just want to make sure.

Oh my bad. Didn't see that. Thanks for working me in anyways, appreciate that.

Now watch me go out in the first round.

So is this single elimination with the base pack? Just want to make sure.

Yup single elimination, base pack (though I dont see why people cant add in whatever expansions they want if both people agree).

Heel

Ray, you could have / can seed the tournament by the last tournament's results by inputting the entrants in the order of their seeding. Maybe seed the top 4 from the last one, something like that.

Also, you can follow these instructions with your bracket to add the tournament to our GAF group:

http://challonge.com/GAFCarcassonne

If you're logged in, go to Administration > Edit Settings

First option is a dropdown box for "Host", select NeoGAF iOS Board Game Tournaments

Ray, you could have / can seed the tournament by the last tournament's results by inputting the entrants in the order of their seeding. Maybe seed the top 4 from the last one, something like that.

Also, you can follow these instructions with your bracket to add the tournament to our GAF group:

Isnt it too late? I started it already!

edit: It looks like I didnt even make the Tourney under the neogaf organization! no idea what im doing!

NeoGAF Carcassonne Tournament 5!

Single Elimination - Base Game Carcassonne

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFCarcassonneTournament5.png

Properly seeded based on NGCT4.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
1st round

Smiley90 - blahness
110 - 76

gg!

He got 4 of his meeples in a MASSIVE city, I was able to block it and rank up some points to prevent him from catching up with the city in the end. Was also able to steal the biggest field right at the end :p

bonesquad

Oh no! Is the Neuroshima Hex tourney/league still open? I'd be in for that. I haven't played in quite awhile. Probably since that one time I had a few games going that all suddenly disappeared one day... :)

Mike Works needs to take his turn in Stone Age! I still have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I just picked a hut to start since they seemed the most limited.

Oh no! Is the Neuroshima Hex tourney/league still open? I'd be in for that. I haven't played in quite awhile. Probably since that one time I had a few games going that all suddenly disappeared one day... :)

Mike Works needs to take his turn in Stone Age! I still have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I just picked a hut to start since they seemed the most limited.
Haha dude, I haven't even finished the tutorial in Stone Age yet. Don't think I'm quite ready to play a game. But keep the game open if it doesn't bug you; I'll get into the game after work calms down a bit.

Doh. Can't believe I missed this one.

Sorry man! This was quick to set up, I will run another right after this one is done, or depending on how many more want to play than the 16 we had, I can make the first 8 that lose in this game go on to start the next one, while the 8 who are still in this one can get a bye into the next round, ATP Tennis style!

Yeah, NH still open, I need to find out how it works from Astro, and then I will get it going.

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
AstroLad
Jessecuster
Bonesquad

Also, Ive added in the scores from the first 2 completed matches. hopefully that picture has updated.

Diesel Pioneer 115 - 105 Got the Shakes

Wow. Close one. Good game. Just managed to squeeze you out of my big city which made the difference I think.

Good game. I knew it was going to come down to the wire, but I just couldn't find a way back into the huge city.
I was just as worried that you might use the last cloister to join your farmer to the field.
That would have given you 15 points but you would have obv missed the 9 for the cloister.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wish Carcassonne would keep better stats about wins and losses, especially in 1v1 matchups. I would like to know my record against certain people.

eznark

Banned
Slacker beat me, don't know the score off the top of my head. Close game. I need to stop getting favorable seedings, I'm garbage!

I don't have a great feel for how to play with the new ruleset in Carc. I'm an embarrassment.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ray, admit it, you made the new tree purposely so that I'd be up against Astro in the second round because I'm a Canucks fan, didn't you :(

kennah

I just lost toAstrolad 114-85. I put up a good fight but a long string of roads fucked me up pretty good in the early game :)

Ray, admit it, you made the new tree purposely so that I'd be up against Astro in the second round because I'm a Canucks fan, didn't you :(

Im trying to beat some sense into you !! haha

Ive updated the tourney, hopefully I can get the score to the eznark - Slacker match. but I put the winner on through to the next round.

Holy crap, I was just browsing my Lost Cities achievement page out of boredom, and apparently I've set the second-highest winning percentage against the AI ever (out of 23,000+ players). That's random.

Slacker

Slacker beat me, don't know the score off the top of my head. Close game. I need to stop getting favorable seedings, I'm garbage!

I don't have a great feel for how to play with the new ruleset in Carc. I'm an embarrassment.

It was a back and forth game. I wasn't sure I won when the final scores started tallying up, especially because you made a late run at the goods and we ended up each with 20 points on them. I eked it out 173-161.

Started up Base+T&B against Gamecocks this morning.

Slacker

Slacker BARELY beat Gamecocks, 153-147. GC managed to sneak a third farmer (we had been tied 2-2) for the largest farm in the game and stole 28 points with his last tile. Fortunately I had all three goods locked up and eked out another close win, this time by only six points. Glad I took a couple of little features when I could earlier in the game.

Great one, GC!

Slacker BARELY beat Gamecocks, 153-147. GC managed to sneak a third farmer (we had been tied 2-2) for the largest farm in the game and stole 28 points with his last tile. Fortunately I had all three goods locked up and eked out another close win, this time by only six points. Glad I took a couple of little features when I could earlier in the game.

Great one, GC!

Yeah it was a good one. I was trying to close my last city to get a meeple for the final 12 point field (that went unclaimed) but couldn't get it! I thought I had it in the bag when I blocked your last city with the builder but my last piece that I needed didn't come, good game though!

I got dominated on the goods. Not a single one! Thought the fields would win it.

That one turn where you got the two pieces you needed to close two cities was the turning point.

I liked how Astro had the LC tourney on the OP at the top. The nice thing about the Challonge image is that it auto-updates as the brackets are scored in challonge, so you only need one image url link to keep track.

Yeah, I dont know once at the top of the current page is more useful than in the OP that no one in the tournament reads, heh. Its nice how the picture auto updates, though it doesnt seem to be instant :(

Top Bottom