• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AirBrian

CzarTim, can you go into Challonge and change the host for the first Lost Cities tournament to our NeoGAF group? You should have permission to add it.

http://challonge.com/gaflostcities1

Trying to get all our past tournaments in one place. Anyone who wants to host one let me know and I'll add you as a member.

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/

Champions:
Ascension 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 2: AstroLad
Lost Cities 1: Mike Works
Lost Cities 2: Mike Works

lol

Here is a Carcassonne one I hosted:

http://challonge.com/GAFCarcassonne

My Challonge handle is AirBrian as well.

Heel

So I randomly stumbled across the fact that there's a second Penny Arcade card game based on the "Paint the Line" table tennis thing they did. Think there's a chance it'll get an iOS release seeing as they've released the Gamers vs Evil one?

That one plays a lot different I think. It will probably come out at some point though. But whats more likely is the (standalone?) expansion for Gamers vs Evil. Hopefully that comes out soon, because whats there has gotten really boring already, haha.

Lets get another tournament going!

Something new for a change?

Neurshima Hex?
Nightfall?
Samurai?
Ticket to Ride?
Stone Age?
Penny Arcade?

Or a classic?

Carcassonne?
Ascension?
Lost Cities?
Summoner Wars?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lets get another tournament going!

Something new for a change?

Neurshima Hex?
Nightfall?
Samurai?
Ticket to Ride?
Stone Age?
Penny Arcade?

Or a classic?

Carcassonne?
Ascension?
Lost Cities?
Summoner Wars?

CAYLUS...not.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
neuroshima is quite fun imo especially if you play with all armies and have everyone use random armies. also i like the way qt3 does it which is month-long tourneys and everyone plays everyone

neuroshima is quite fun imo especially if you play with all armies and have everyone use random armies. also i like the way qt3 does it which is month-long tourneys and everyone plays everyone

That sounds good. I also like the short and quick little tournaments too, so either way works for me.

Blu10

I've been looking for boardgames on the iPad to play with my gf (already have ticket to tide, lost city, forbidden city, and ascension)and I stumbled across Scotland yard. Is it any good? How complex is it? Nightfall was too much for her.

AirBrian

Is Neuroshima hard to learn? I've been on the fence buying this game about 17 times now. I think a tourney could push me over the ledge.

How about we do a couple tourneys then? A Carc one that has brackets like normal, and a Neuroshima Hex one thats like Astro said, where you play everyone.

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Who's in? You can pick just one, or both.

In for carc. NHex maybe, but I can't guarantee I'll play the turns fast :x

Well Astro would have to explain how the rules work, but I think you go for a month, and play as many of those people as possible, and then you probably get points like sports or something im guessing. so the idea would be you have more time to play all the games, as long as you get enough done within the month. Plus NH only has like 5 active games at a time (unless you make another account).

Anyway:

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper

Anyone else? the NH one can be as many or as little as we want I guess, since it doesnt need to be bracketed yet. the Carc one is at 10 right now, and its always easier to do brackets with even numbers that split into the correct amount of 2s at the start, so 2 more in the Carc one would be ideal.

roger roger

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah

Carc could be good to go now, but if we can get 4 more that would be good too. Im sure Astro would want to get in on both of these. If we only get 2 more for Carc, we can give a couple people a bye to the 2 best people from the last tourney.

Heel

I'll play Carc if you need someone.

Ray, do you have a user name on Challonge? I'll add you to the NeoGAF group so you can host the tournaments there.

I'll play Carc if you need someone.

Ray, do you have a user name on Challonge? I'll add you to the NeoGAF group so you can host the tournaments there.

Im not on Challonge. I can make an account I guess. Or someone else can just slap in the names when its set to go.

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
Mike Works
Heel

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
AstroLad

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
Mike Works
Heel
AstroLad

Astro is in, now we need just 1 more player for Carc, and I will lock it in and get it started.

Edit: Oh shit, shoulda asked this earlier.

What carc addons does everyone want? No river seems to be pretty standard. Do we want Inns & Cathedrals? Traders & Builders? I would like both personally. Maybe people just want the base game?

Slacker

I like Base + Both big expansions (no river), but long games may be an issue. Otherwise I'd vote Base + T&B. I'll play anything though.

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
AstroLad

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper
Smiley90
Kennah
Mike Works
Heel
AstroLad
Got the Shakes

Ok carc tourney is now set with these 16 people.

Let me know what expansions you all want to use. And I will get everything done and set up later tonight when I get back home.

I want to use T&B cause its new, but I might just do basic since I at least know everyone has that. Haha.

I'm tired, I will set it up in the morning. :p

Well Astro would have to explain how the rules work, but I think you go for a month, and play as many of those people as possible, and then you probably get points like sports or something im guessing. so the idea would be you have more time to play all the games, as long as you get enough done within the month. Plus NH only has like 5 active games at a time (unless you make another account).

Anyway:

Neuroshima Hex League:

RaySpencer
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Blahness
Mercviper

Carcassonne Tournament:

RaySpencer
Gatekeeper
CzarTim
Superrobot
Eznark
AirBrian
Slacker
Octobot
Blahness
Mercviper

Anyone else? the NH one can be as many or as little as we want I guess, since it doesnt need to be bracketed yet. the Carc one is at 10 right now, and its always easier to do brackets with even numbers that split into the correct amount of 2s at the start, so 2 more in the Carc one would be ideal.

You missed my post for Carcassonne on the last page before you closed it! Half way up, way before you ended it.

Noooooo

Top Bottom