• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Carcassonne's quick play isn't working for me. Down for anyone else?

I started a new game with whoever I'm playing next in the tourney this morning btw.

Slacker

Shew... Slacker defeats mercviper in a match I thought was going to end 20/20. Vegas is a weird team to play with. :p

NS Hex round 10 game AX: Slacker 17 (vegas) vs MercViper 15 (dark blue).

mercviper

Shew... Slacker defeats mercviper in a match I thought was going to end 20/20. Vegas is a weird team to play with. :p

NS Hex round 10 game AX: Slacker 17 (vegas) vs MercViper 15 (dark blue).

That mind control ability is sooooo annoying :p I made plenty of mistakes like thinking I could shoot your mines or trying to cause a battle in the last round. ggs!

Slacker

That mind control ability is sooooo annoying :p I made plenty of mistakes like thinking I could shoot your mines or trying to cause a battle in the last round. ggs!
Yeah that's pretty powerful. Of course the trade off is that Vegas has about 2 offensive units. :p Ggs indeed.

Btw just declined a carc invite by accident. Sorry! Invite again if you want.

Heel

Wait, what? When was this announced?

New York Toy Fair 2013 iOS Highlights: Wits and Wagers, Alhambra, Galaxy Trucker and more...

Asmodee
It was great to chat with Stefan as always. The big news is that many Asmodee games are making their way to Board Game Arena (such as Seasons). We do not cover board games on PC very often here, but it is something that would be great to start. He also mentioned the a true Formula D app is on its way for iOS. This is a popular game and one that we will be on the look out for. I will share more details as I have them.

Carc tourney: I sent Diesel Pioneer an invite 2 days ago, haven't heard anything yet
6ZId978.jpg

I accepted pretty much immediately. If it isn't showing up accept my invite instead.

Heel

Everyone should own Lost Cities. Send me some invites.

Currently wrapping up a best of 101 games series with Roodiculous...lol.

Li Kao

Hello friends !
First post in this wonderful thread. I felt like playing some ios boardgames for some times now, I don't know what I waited for to post here. Surely intimidated by what I imagine to be the level here :-S
FYI I'm very good at losing. I don't have preferences, I can lose at a great many games... The gentle breeze of success in your hair, you will love me for this !

For those of you who play Lost Cities against the AI, I'm curious as to how you would rank them in difficulty? They're meant to go from easiest -> hardest, but I've found that's definitely not the case, at least for my playing style.

So what about you? How would you rank them?

tm24

Hello friends !
First post in this wonderful thread. I felt like playing some ios boardgames for some times now, I don't know what I waited for to post here. Surely intimidated by what I imagine to be the level here :-S
FYI I'm very good at losing. I don't have preferences, I can lose at a great many games... The gentle breeze of success in your hair, you will love me for this !

Post your GC son! And the games you own! And then watch your time disappear in trash talk and strategy!

Carc:

mikeworks 137 - 123 superrobot.

Well played mikeworks,

The highish final score disguised the fact that it was very scrappy for the most part with unfinished roads and cloisters all over the place (mainly blocking me - boo Mike).
Farms were going to be shared, and I had 16 points in cloisters coming in.
Then Mike got to complete a few decent cities and 10 point (or thereabouts) road in the end game which swung the game in his favour.
A shared mega-city got completed near the end which boosted the scores but it was looking like a very low scoring encounter.
Good luck next time.

For those of you who play Lost Cities against the AI, I'm curious as to how you would rank them in difficulty? They're meant to go from easiest -> hardest, but I've found that's definitely not the case, at least for my playing style.

I have done the best vs Von Krusenstern and the worst vs Dr Jonze.

BGG (link) have announced that Playdek will be removing Ascension in 2014 with online play continuing during 2014 only.
The new version provided by Stone Blade will be free to current owners.

I have done the best vs Von Krusenstern and the worst vs Dr Jonze.
Yeah, for me it goes from easiest to hardest:

(the easiest AI, forget her name)
Laura De Groft
Von Krusenstern
Dr Jonze

Dr Jonze is such fucking bullshit - he builds up multipliers that he should have no fucking way of knowing would pay out, and more than half the time he hits the 8+ card quota to get the 20 point bonus. I can't count how many times I've lost a game that no rational person could have won with him. Fucking hate the prick.

AirBrian

Dr Jonze is such fucking bullshit - he builds up multipliers that he should have no fucking way of knowing would pay out, and more than half the time he hits the 8+ card quota to get the 20 point bonus. I can't count how many times I've lost a game that no rational person could have won with him. Fucking hate the prick.

Haha, this! He's a complete bastard.

I like to troll him though and will take up to a -7 of the same color he's multiplying. It usually helps prevent him from getting the 8-card bonus and also a lot of times makes him negative. But still, he's probably the luckiest of the AIs.

Davidion

Good to hear! It's playdek so I wasn't really worried anyway.

I don't understand the appeal of solforge, the demo seemed really boring and not a lot of fun. Maybe I should try the demo again...

Solforge donors just got their update, and it's pretty huge. The factions are getting fleshed out, strategy is becoming more important as more and more content is packed in.

Heel

My body will be ready for the next Lost Cities tourney.

We're training like Rocky in the mountains for Drago Mike Works. There's no easy way out, Mike!

Well, the lowest difficulty is definitely dumb. They'll enter a lane late in the game when it's mathematically impossible to end up with a positive score, haha.

BGG (link) have announced that Playdek will be removing Ascension in 2014 with online play continuing during 2014 only.
The new version provided by Stone Blade will be free to current owners.

Honestly I think they're handling this great given the circumstances. Letting you move all your purchases to the new game? It could've been way scummier.

Li Kao

Post your GC son! And the games you own! And then watch your time disappear in trash talk and strategy!

Bu, bu, but, I will have you know mister than I am a well educated chap and that my GC (Li Kao) was entered into the community list within minutes when I posted !
For the list of games, I listed it too, but it's a more delicate topic. Because for starter, with the general cheapness of ios games (even if boardgames tends to be more on the pricey side, relatively speaking) if some people want to play this or that I can totally consider a purchase.
And secondly I should insist on my low level, I don't have a long boardgaming history, and to my shame, last I tried I still found Carcassonne score system more convoluted than many games entire ruleset. I will gladly perfect myself but I wouldn't like a more advanced player to feel let down.

bonesquad

NH Update: AstroLad 14 (blue) - Bonesquad 9 (purple)

My turn to get destroyed. Wasn't even close. AstroLad got his bloody 3-hit net guy next to my HQ, and a whole slew of initiative 4 guys I couldn't do anything about. Well played.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NH Update: Slacker 14 (blue) - Bonesquad 9 (purple)

My turn to get destroyed. Wasn't even close. Slacker got his bloody 3-hit net guy next to my HQ, and a whole slew of initiative 4 guys I couldn't do anything about. Well played.
Think that was me. :)

Top Bottom