• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Invitations for the second round of Agricola - betatesting just went out!

-looks at NDA-

*hrhrhrhr*

Too bad i won't be able to say anything about it :x

Invitations for the second round of Agricola - betatesting just went out!

-looks at NDA-

*hrhrhrhr*

Too bad i won't be able to say anything about it :x

Just tell me if its awesome. I won't tell anyone I promise!

Oh shit did the NH tourney start? Who do I face?

Read the chart!! :p

Your first three rounds have you facing off against slacker and blahness as your home games (so you make the match), and the other one is against jessecuster, but he's at home in that one, so he will invite you.

tm24

So Agricola is Agricola :)

Also, remember SolForge? Man, i kind of wish i hadnt kickstarted it, since handheld gaming came back into my life

So Agricola is Agricola :)

Also, remember SolForge? Man, i kind of wish i hadnt kickstarted it, since handheld gaming came back into my life

Good to hear! It's playdek so I wasn't really worried anyway.

I don't understand the appeal of solforge, the demo seemed really boring and not a lot of fun. Maybe I should try the demo again...

Slacker crushing me:

RaySpencer 7 (Borgo) vs Slacker 14 (Moloch)

Well done sir.

Im really lucky this isnt a single or double elimination tourney, Im gonna lose both my first matches. haha.

Crushed by Astro too. I knew it was coming a long way away! I shoulda played as Neo Jungle, I think its the only team Ive beat you with before, haha.

RaySpencer 14(Smart) vs AstroLad 19(Borgo)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg was very low-offensive ray

had a busy week this week so finally got around to updating OP with new tourneys and also sending out invites (bonesquad/jeff & airbrian) in NH tourney.

jessecuster i don't seem to have you on NH friends list so can you invite me once you are set up?

tim and i are getting through our carc trny game at a decent clip

gg was very low-offensive ray

had a busy week this week so finally got around to updating OP with new tourneys and also sending out invites (bonesquad/jeff & airbrian) in NH tourney.

jessecuster i don't seem to have you on NH friends list so can you invite me once you are set up?

tim and i are getting through our carc trny game at a decent clip

Yeah, not a lot of offence for the 2 teams we were. but by the end you had pretty much every hex on lockdown. It ended up being REALLY hard to place anything anywhere without it just getting destroyed right off the bat, haha.

Once this tourney is done, I will send some more matches your way, I need to play more NH!

Jessecuster is on there now, If hes a GC friend of yours he should be listed as 'Jason'.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I beat blahness 16-14... I played violet (NY?) and he played blue (no idea what that is)

Me and jessecuster had a no defence killing fest. I won though! Yay rocket launcher man!

RaySpencer 2 (New York) vs Jessecuster 0 (Borgo)

Slacker

Dangit - I thought I had him, but eznark came back to tie it at the end 12-12. He's green and I'm the darker blue. Game C in round 1. Great game!

I think I was red

haha

Ok, the Armies are listed under rules too if people dont know, but here is the list anyway:

1 - blue - Borgo
2 - red - Moloch
3 - green - The Outpost
4 - yellow - The Hegemony
5 - mossy green - Neo Jungle
6 - light blue - New York
7 - white - Smart
8 - brown - Vegas
9 - purple - Steel Police

There has been a lot of Borgo so far, which I expected, but not much Vegas or Smart, which I would have expected. Still early yet though!

CzarTim

DNhqDrO.jpg

Close one. Very tense!

AirBrian

I received a notification that it was my turn in our NH game, but when I go to take my turn, I see you place your HQ...but then it still says AirBrian Offline. Did this get screwed up already:)

No rush though.

Seems to be working now, right?

Merc, what happened to our game?

Also, Mike and I have 1 tile left and we're done!

Slacker

NS HEX

Slacker defeats jessecuster 11-5. Round 5 Game V. I was yellow, he was dark blue. Jesse got screwed by getting all his offensive tiles in a cluster at the start of the game, then had nothing to throw out there at the end. Good game!

Fuck this game.

Slacker you had 3 moves one turn.

Slacker 11 Jessecuster 5.
If that happened I didn't notice. Weird...

mercviper

Seems to be working now, right?

Merc, what happened to our game?

Also, Mike and I have 1 tile left and we're done!

I have no idea. I logged in to accept it/join and I didn't find it.

Or maybe yours was the game I accepted and started, and then it disappeared from the game screen the next time I logged in. :x

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I did not get a GC request.

Its ok, count yourself as a win, I am done with this game.

aww cmon we've all had bad runs. :p

even as ascension "champion" i swear i've had runs where i've lost 5+ games in a row. and God knows those brutal carc stretches where your Elo gets annihilated by finishing last in 3-4 4-5p games in a row.

all part of the fun :D

What the hell, I can't see the final move? I don't get to see how you won?

Really? That's weird as hell. I've never ever seen that happen and I've played quite a few NH games. It wasn't really that exciting to be honest.

You caused a battle and did an assload of damage to me but I did the same to you, my rocket guy got to take 2 shots, first one hit your base and the second one took out your net man who was latched to my base. So after your battle I noticed I would do more damage than you would do in another fight and I got lucky getting another battle tile. So I just played it again. I don't think I even placed another tile.

That's really weird that your game disappeared before you could see it though. I've never seen that.

even as ascension "champion" i swear i've had runs where i've lost 5+ games in a row. and God knows those brutal carc stretches where your Elo gets annihilated by finishing last in 3-4 4-5p games in a row.

Yeah, I don't think I've won any if my matches in any other tournament. Haha. But I still enjoyed then enough that I'm running 2 right now.

Hell, I think I lose 90% of all my matches in any game against you Astro, as long as I feel like I have a fighting chance in a match I will enjoy it.

Is your name jessecuster on game center?

He's jessecuster3 on GC.

Its not that. Its the buggy software, its the notification system that is horrible, and its a game that I just don't enjoy playing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've found the notification system decent though not great. I get a notification when it's my turn, and the notification seems to stick now as well. Once in a while there will be a notification without an attendant action, but not too often. ymmv though

Haha, yeah this game, caylus and racer fued are the 3 games that annoy me most with their notification sounds. I don't find it that buggy though, just the sometimes it doesn't seem to register people finishing their turns correctly, so it says its your turn but its not.

It sucks your not really into the game though :(.

I've found the notification system decent though not great. I get a notification when it's my turn, and the notification seems to stick now as well. Once in a while there will be a notification without an attendant action, but not too often. ymmv though

Yeah, I haven't gotten many of those lately, and really (and I'm not just saying this to be a jerk smiley!) I only really got those ones a lot when I was playing matches vs smiley. So I don't know what causes it.

edit: gonna stick this here:

NeoGAF Carcassonne Tournament 5

Single Elimination - Base Game Carcassonne

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 1

Round Robin:

Carc Tourney has Superrobot facing off against MikeWorks now, and the NH League is moving along well! There is still a lot of matches left in the NH League, but weve gone through quite a few in a week, so thats good.

Top Bottom